Author Topic: My Life As A Teenage Robot Sucks  (Read 10764 times)

Spongemania

My Life As A Teenage Robot Sucks
« on: December 13, 2003, 05:47:47 am »
Big Time!

Offline SpongeBrain

• SpongeBob
  • YEEAHHHHHHH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2003, 09:31:14 am »
That show stinks!
All Time

Weekly

spongebobDF329

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2003, 10:00:39 am »
Umm, don't kill me, but, I don't think that it's so bad... I think Tuck is pretty funny.  

Jashani

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2003, 10:30:47 am »
Spongemania

I don't really care what kind of shows you think sucks.  :glare:

« Last Edit: December 13, 2003, 10:32:15 am by Jashani »

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2003, 12:55:44 pm »
Once again...I believe people should make threads about things they actually like...but anyways...

I think the show's horrible...

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2003, 01:39:26 pm »
it sucks. its exactly like kim possible on disney channel

chuchino55

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2003, 03:57:15 am »
I think it's pretty stupid. I saw one episode and i didn't find it very funny.

Yellowbird

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2003, 02:47:53 pm »
IMO it's not horrible, it's just not great. :toot:  

Starr2k3

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2003, 02:58:47 pm »
In my opinion it is horrible. But not EVERYONE would say that.

Squidward

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2003, 03:00:27 pm »
yeah that retardish show is gay! I want that show to be canceled! who agrees? :ban: lets ban it!!

Yellowbird

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2003, 03:21:03 pm »
In my opinion it is horrible. But not EVERYONE would say that.
I know a lot of people who absolutely hate it. Then I know people who watch it hoping it will get better. Then a few love it. I watch it because I don't bother to get up out of my seat or change the channel after Fairly Odd Parents goes off.  

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2003, 04:41:24 pm »
yeah that retardish show is gay! I want that show to be canceled! who agrees? :ban: lets ban it!!
A show can't be gay. But it probably won't be cancelled since no one likes it. Nick has a tendency to do that. *cough*invader zim*cough*

Yellowbird

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2003, 08:58:32 pm »
A show can't be gay. But it probably won't be cancelled since no one likes it. Nick has a tendency to do that. *cough*invader zim*cough*
Invader Zim is a cult favorite. It still has a huge following. Many people liked it when it aired on Nick, and many still do even though it isn't even being aired. The most popular Invader Zim forum, that recently went offline, had well over 8,000 members. The second most popular, has over 3,000 members. That means people still like the show.

Zim didn't exactly fit well within the Nickelodeon business model of mass merchandising kiddie cartoons. The show wasn't cancelled solely because of poor ratings. It was cancelled in part because the creator of the show no longer wanted to do business the Nickelodeon way. The writers on the show didn't exactly want to conform to the'cutesy' tone of most Nick cartoons at the time. Zim had a lot of dark themes that didn't translate well into commodities like Zim Bubble Bath. Nick and the Zim staff just weren't on the same page towards the end life of the show. They call that creative differences. :cool:

And, MLAATR won't get banned. LOL. I don't see it getting cancelled any time soon. Frankly, good or bad, Nickelodeon needs the show at the moment. Many of its' staple shows either have uncertain futures (Spongebob), or waning popularity (Rugrats). Nickelodeon is a business. A business needs to grow. Part of growth is taking on new shows. Whether MLAATR has staying power is a result of many things at once such as ratings, merchandising prospects, executive decisions. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for it to be cancelled. At least not until Nick irons out the kink in its' 'hottest' properties (like the the future of Spongebob).
« Last Edit: December 14, 2003, 09:15:56 pm by Yellowbird »

garyfan

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2003, 04:55:43 am »
Good point Yellowbird. But I still do hate the show. I am not complaining weather it is on or off the air. I just do not care. If u do not like it just do not watch it.

Rabble

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2003, 11:14:07 am »
comcast has zim  lost  of pepole don't but get it you see zim 2 times a day
on nicktoonstv they bring all the old shows back thats the only reason i got this over dirct tv

mlaatr sucks ive seen two episodes and they are horrible

Yellowbird

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2003, 01:58:22 pm »
MLAATR is a second rate Power Puff Girls. MLAATR's creator used to do the storyboards for PPG. And PPG's influence on him shows. MLAATR is recycling show themes and concepts from PPG. Jenny herself reminds me of an episode of PPG where the girls fight inside of this cool girl robot. Jenny is a girl robot. Another example is the MLAATR episode See No Evil being a rip off of a PPG episode called Main Event.

In See No Evil, Jenny gets weird new eyes. Everyone finds her to be scary looking. They look at her and are afraid. She gets mad and decides to fight without eyes. The villian she has to fight is a giant eye with many little arms. He finds it amusing that she can't see him. In the end after defeating him, she gets a funny looking fanny attachment.

In Main Event, Blossom gets this weird haircut from her sisters. Everyone finds her to be funny looking. They look at her and laugh. She gets mad and decides not to fight with her haircut. The villian she has to fight is a giant eye with many little eyes. He finds it amusing that she has a weird haircut. In the end after defeating him, she gives her sisters funny haircuts.

MLAATR is not so horrible to me perhaps because I like PPG or am just too lazy to turn the channel. It's not a good show, but hey, I'm lazy. :biggrin:  

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2003, 02:24:56 pm »
Well, Nick said ratings had a part in cancelling Zim. I mean, if you show a show at 9:30 on fridays, not many people will watch it.

BaLiTtLeBuTt32

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2003, 08:53:53 am »
That show has 2 be 1 of the supidest shows EVER!!!!!!

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Cant u c he is going 2 kick my butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline SpongeBrain

• SpongeBob
  • YEEAHHHHHHH
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2003, 12:45:44 pm »
I hate these kind of shows!
All Time

Weekly

Patrick Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2003, 01:47:10 pm »
I hadn't got to watch the show yet... :mellow: I can't say much about it.

Yellowbird

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2003, 06:49:47 pm »
Well, Nick said ratings had a part in cancelling Zim. I mean, if you show a show at 9:30 on fridays, not many people will watch it.

You're totally right. Plus, they kept moving the show's air time around too much. How was it going to get a solid following if no one could find the show?  :biggrin:

Oh, I just remembered more examples of how MLAATR is like PPG and other shows. The main one being that the new villian every week formula is old and boring. I know most of you really hate the show, and that's understandable. I don't love the show myself, I just don't completely hate it. I think if they focused more on Jenny and her struggles trying to fit in at her school and at home that the show might be more watchable to others. Then again, I don't know what the real effect would be to true fans of the show. Maybe they like seeing her use yet another robot device to thwart yet another villian. I know that I don't.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2003, 07:09:27 pm by Yellowbird »

djwit_atie

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2003, 08:03:04 pm »
HOW MANY FREAKING TOPICS R SPONGEZONERS GONNA POST ABOUT MLAATR???!!!???

Yellowbird

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2003, 08:07:36 pm »
Have there been many MLAATR topics? That's odd because I get the impression that most people dislike the show intensely. Maybe all the MLAATR threads could be combined to have one massive I hate MLAATR thread. :biggrin:  
« Last Edit: December 18, 2003, 08:24:28 pm by Yellowbird »

djwit_atie

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2003, 08:30:52 pm »
good idea YellowBird; But how? anyway there r like 4 of them

Offline LE

• SpongeBob
  • with walls of the deepest blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2003, 08:25:47 am »
I've never seen it. I'm not sure how good it is, but it looks stupid.

it got too real