Author Topic: Ren & Stimpy  (Read 6043 times)

~angelene's dreams

Ren & Stimpy
« on: April 02, 2004, 07:15:08 am »
Any fans of Ren & Stimpy?  I used to be highly upset with Nick when they took the show away from its creator, then turned it into garbage.  At least like 10 years later, they gave it back to him.

spongestacey-whezers

Ren & Stimpy
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 07:26:37 am »
I used to love watching Ren and Stimpy, mainly for the sick, crude humour that made it big!  The best episode IMO was 'Fan club' one, where Ren went through those horrible visions!.

And I recall the moment in another episode where they get a bed matress that needed a bittle water to make it big... :biggrin:  

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Ren & Stimpy
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 12:35:42 pm »
I've never seen it.
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
Ren & Stimpy
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 01:05:02 pm »
They remade it as 'adult block party' or something like that. But yes, the old ones were good.

spongehead 32

Ren & Stimpy
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 01:30:37 pm »
they used to be on quite often, now I never see them

strange what time can do
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 01:30:51 pm by spongehead 32 »

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Ren & Stimpy
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2004, 01:39:15 pm »
I never used to like it when it was shown. I was like...6.  

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Ren & Stimpy
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2004, 02:02:38 pm »
it was pretty funny but it wasnt my favorite.

MandaFaye

Ren & Stimpy
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2004, 04:12:20 pm »
I never could stand that show. Didn't one of them eat kitty litter?  :blink: I thought it was horrible. Now Rocko's Modern Life-that was awesome.  

lemonsrock103

Ren & Stimpy
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2004, 04:15:10 pm »
I always found this show digusting but sometimes I watched it over my neighbor's house.

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
Ren & Stimpy
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2004, 06:38:36 pm »
Ren & Stimpy had aspex of an old school cartoon
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

~angelene's dreams

Ren & Stimpy
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2004, 07:03:59 am »
Pesonally, my fave episode was "Stimpy's Invention", with the Happy Happy Joy Joy song.  As much as I enjoyed the early episodes, it really was a violent, gross cartoon.  I would never let my kids watch it.  I don't think Nick knew what they were getting in to...

On another note, the first time I watched SpongeBob, I saw some similarities between the two shows.  Stimpy could have been a SpongeBob...playful, simple and loving.  And of course Ren could have been Squidward.  Angry, short-tempered and easily annoyed by Stimpy.  Ren's love for $$ echoes Mr. Krabs'.  There were even similarities in the style, like the painted extreme close-ups (R&S's gross, SB's sometimes a bit gross).  

Oh well.  I'll take the Sponge any day.

Starr2k3

Ren & Stimpy
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2004, 04:08:01 pm »
That was a great show but now they make it so nasty and it is just not Ren and Stimpy anymore.

~angelene's dreams

Ren & Stimpy
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2004, 08:51:42 pm »
I havn't seen it since it hit SpikeTV, or whatever.  But I did hear that it's more adult oriented...Not a good move.

sponge2704

Ren & Stimpy
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2004, 08:47:06 am »
SpikeTV still plays the classics! :biggrin:  

Oklahomaelephantlover

Ren & Stimpy
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2004, 09:00:48 am »
That show is gross, like IZ, (no offence Mr. IZLOVER). LOL COCB LMGMO  :tongue: