Poll

What was the worst decision that Nick ever made?

Adding Jamie Spears to All-That
6 (9.1%)
Cancelling Invader Zim
11 (16.7%)
Putting SpongeBob in a hiatus
6 (9.1%)
Having Nick Jr.
9 (13.6%)
Airing The Butt Ugly Martians
12 (18.2%)
Airing U-Pick live and Slime Time Live
5 (7.6%)
Making dumb movies (well, most of them)
4 (6.1%)
Taking CatDog, Rocko, and Angry Beavers away
5 (7.6%)
Other
5 (7.6%)
None
3 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Worst Decision That Nick Ever Made  (Read 53143 times)

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Worst Decision That Nick Ever Made
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2004, 07:33:45 pm »
If you know of Sponge Bob how could you not know of Nickelodeon?  I mean, isn't that the channel it's played on even in England?
Yes. This guy is just another MSP clone. He isn't from England, he lives in Kansas. God, he's an idiot.

super_sayian_spongebob

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2004, 08:09:44 pm »
If you know of Sponge Bob how could you not know of Nickelodeon?  I mean, isn't that the channel it's played on even in England?
Yes. This guy is just another MSP clone. He isn't from England, he lives in Kansas. God, he's an idiot.
MSP will DIE trying.... :biggrin:

anyway back to the topic,

Hiatus = not making anymore episdoes for SB.

Planet Schmanet

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2004, 03:46:19 am »
If you know of Sponge Bob how could you not know of Nickelodeon?  I mean, isn't that the channel it's played on even in England?
Well I think the Baron was one of MSP's more annoying clones.

spongehead 32

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2004, 08:07:23 am »
makes sence

I was rather suspicious when he started saying that nick was USA only

super_sayian_spongebob

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2004, 03:05:22 pm »
Nick USA is really bad. The real reason why they cancel really good high-rating shows is because of money. Idiots.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 06:57:22 pm by super_sayian_spongebob »

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2004, 03:06:38 pm »
Mick USA is really bad. The real reason why they cancel really good high-rating shows is because of money. Idiots.
If you were running Nickelodeon you wouldn't think they made bad decisions. It's all about money these days.

super_sayian_spongebob

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2004, 03:08:23 pm »
Nah. that's too greedy.  

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2004, 03:10:24 pm »
Nah. that's too greedy.
Not if you're running a TV Network.

super_sayian_spongebob

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2004, 03:15:20 pm »
Well maybe...

But TV networks should start thinking of the people rather than themselves. TV Networks are more un-trustworthy than politicians.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2004, 03:15:38 pm by super_sayian_spongebob »

Offline Spider-Boogie

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://allyour.basearebelongto.us/setting-up/bombs.html
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2004, 04:11:53 pm »
Well maybe...

But TV networks should start thinking of the people rather than themselves. TV Networks are more un-trustworthy than politicians.
I'm not sure SSS.
April Fool: I'm the April Fool. What's up with that?
Timmy: It's official, this guy sucks. I wish he was somewhere else!
*Poof!*
Timmy: Where'd you guys poof him to?
*Both fairies give evil smiles*
April Fool: I never asked for this!
Jorgen: Shut up, or I'll have Chuck Norris roundhouse kick you in the face again!

Rachel is my USB wife <3
Vicky is also my USB wife <3

Planet Schmanet

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2004, 05:17:59 pm »
Well maybe...

If they think of people, then they will go bankrupt and cease to be.  They need to think about the money, even if that means putting out dozens of crappy shows but still having one or two great shows.

dorkage

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2004, 08:49:09 pm »
Well maybe...

Actually they probably do think of the people. Just because a few handfull here don't like nick shows or the decisions nick has made doesn't mean that a large majority of nick watchers agree.

They also have a budget ... something you will one day discover and grow to hate. If they went over budget and tried to make every person on earth happy then well ... they'd go bankrupt and that'd be bad.

And for shows being canceled - they usually have a set amount of episodes a show can have ... and only some times do they allow more than that set amount.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2004, 02:47:00 pm »
Having Nick Junior was a good Idea for Nick. You're not teh only person watching it. Alot of little kids love it. They'd lose a lot of money if they cut it.

Yellowbird

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2004, 11:12:26 am »
Nick did not want to put production of Spongebob on hiatus. It was the choice of the show's creator to not make any more new episodes and to concentrate on the movie's production. From a creative standpoint, I'd rather have Hillenburg laboring over the movie than spreading himself thin between new episodes and the movie. All of his creative energy goes into the movie that way. Nick has to space out the airing of the remaining episodes in order to maintain a high degree of interest in the show until the movie. If Nick had their way, they would be running Spongebob episodes all day long with new episodes airing frequently. Nick really wants to continue production of Spongebob after the movie, but that isn't a certain course of action as we all know.

Nick Jr is a brillant idea. Smartest thing Nick has done in a long time. Dora is the number one preschool show. Nick is taking away the market that used to be dominated by Elmo. They have even made Disney start to swarm in their pants. Spongebob is the new Mickey Mouse--brand recognition-wise. From a business standpoint, Nick owns the children's market and has even made a big dent in the adult market with their cartoons. Just because you are too old for Nick Jr and the shows don't appeal to you does not make it dumb. Nick is a company and therefore has to make money. If Nick got rid of Nick Jr., they might as well go out of business.

Of the choices above, the worst decision is cancelling Invader Zim. I think Nick doesn't know who to properly maintain shows that aren't as comfy kiddie-fit as Fairly Odd Parents or Rugrats. Invader Zim might have flourished had it been a Cartoon Network property. To me, that cartoon didn't mesh well with Nick to begin with. So I guess the worst decision they made was buying a property like Invader Zim when they didn't really know how to market it.  
« Last Edit: February 17, 2004, 11:23:57 am by Yellowbird »

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2004, 11:56:04 am »
EVERYTHING!!!
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others