Author Topic: Mac Vs. Pc  (Read 328849 times)

carterhawk

Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #1110 on: March 04, 2006, 05:28:50 pm »
Just out of curiosity, but, are you in the microsoft beta program? if your not you should reserve judgement.

You have to remember that XP is an extention of the old NT kernel. Vista is built with a brand new kernel that will seriously reduce the exploits found in the XP kernel.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 05:38:07 pm by carterhawk »

Barnacle Head

Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #1111 on: March 11, 2006, 05:34:40 am »
At my work we have a Mac lab attached to a Server 2003 Active Directory enviornment and needless to say they don't play nice.  The students use Quark for art projects and thats about it.  Otherwise it's a big waste of money.  Just my opinion.

carterhawk

Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #1112 on: March 13, 2006, 08:33:32 pm »
as an abstract thought, why not isolate the macs from the rest of the network? at my HS the windows labs and hte mac labs had seperate user lists.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #1113 on: April 21, 2006, 06:53:09 pm »
Just out of curiosity, but, are you in the microsoft beta program? if your not you should reserve judgement.

You have to remember that XP is an extention of the old NT kernel. Vista is built with a brand new kernel that will seriously reduce the exploits found in the XP kernel.
[snapback]275902[/snapback]
Until MS, builds Windows with a Unix Kernal at it's core, it's still going to have many exploits. Remember Bill Gates challeneged hackers to hack into 2000 and they did, in under a day.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

aduckie

Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #1114 on: May 03, 2006, 09:02:49 pm »
PC! Linux! GRUB! WINE!

Those are the words, or acronyms, that pop up when I read the title of this thread.

Offline Ealcon

• Sandy
  • Ealcon Return To Flight NASA
    • View Profile
    • Don't Click Here
Re: Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #1115 on: September 28, 2006, 10:47:15 am »
I don't like Macs at all, and when we were at primary school, they were the ones we had to use.Our teachers kept saying:"Now, if you've listened properly, there will be no error signs or any problems.But even me, a BoffGoth, kept getting all the errors that you expect of a Mac.All the kids started laughing when the error sign came up, and a funny robot woman's voice went:"Droo srhoo, shrrooo droo droo srhddooo drshshooo."
And Macs have that annoying apple thing everywhere.
"Do you mock me?"

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #1116 on: September 28, 2006, 12:18:30 pm »
I don't like Macs at all, and when we were at primary school, they were the ones we had to use.Our teachers kept saying:"Now, if you've listened properly, there will be no error signs or any problems.But even me, a BoffGoth, kept getting all the errors that you expect of a Mac.All the kids started laughing when the error sign came up, and a funny robot woman's voice went:"Droo srhoo, shrrooo droo droo srhddooo drshshooo."
Primary schools always use seriosly outdated mac operating systems. Use an OSX and then see.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: September 29, 2006, 06:51:38 pm »
Primary schools always use seriosly outdated mac operating systems. Use an OSX and then see.
werd

My moms elementary school still uses Like OS6 or something...something before 2000. =\

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #1118 on: September 29, 2006, 08:12:08 pm »
werd

My moms elementary school still uses Like OS6 or something...something before 2000. =\
Yeah the elementary school I went to used OS 5.9 or some crap like that, and teachers/staff were all on Windows 98.

bub1028

« Reply #1119 on: October 01, 2006, 09:27:13 am »
LOL, that's called a logo.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: October 01, 2006, 09:59:00 am »
werd

Yeah the elementary school I went to used OS 5.9 or some crap like that, and teachers/staff were all on Windows 98.

At our middle school, we had Windows NT in 8th grade. In 9th grade, at the high school, we had the latest mac OS and windows XP :D

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: October 01, 2006, 07:27:10 pm »
werd

At our middle school, we had Windows NT in 8th grade. In 9th grade, at the high school, we had the latest mac OS and windows XP :D
I can top that, at my middle school, we still had computers with Windows 95! This was in 2002-2004.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: March 10, 2007, 11:17:54 pm »
werd

I can top that, at my middle school, we still had computers with Windows 95! This was in 2002-2004.
Windows 95 ftmfw!!

Microsoft Bob > you

btw, BUMP!

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: March 15, 2007, 10:35:00 pm »
werd

Windows 95 ftmfw!!

Microsoft Bob > you

btw, BUMP!

It was pinned anyway. Didn't this die when Apple switched to Intel?

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
My updated opinion on this whole Mac vs. Pc debate
« Reply #1124 on: April 24, 2007, 08:00:23 pm »
Heres my opinion I was ranting about on "You Tube"

All I have to say is, a Mac is an overpriced piece of hardware as far as I'm concerned.  Back when I built my machine in 2003 it didn't cost over $1000 and it owned all of the macs I saw on apples webpage, and yet windows only crashed from APPLE! products.  With the exception of better,cheaper hardware, I can still run Mac OS on my computer and not pay over $1000 for hardware...

Whats extremely odd, I thought my machine would be easily owned by a mac. I visited apples webpage and my machine still owns the Macs I saw on their webpage...Interesting... 
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others