Author Topic: Mac Vs. Pc  (Read 328745 times)

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2004, 03:12:18 pm »
i think i have a pc. haha. that shows how little i know about computers.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2004, 03:15:51 pm »
PCs are anything except Macintosh computers. So unless you own an apple, you have a PC. Everything with Windows is PC.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2004, 03:36:07 pm »
You're forgetting about Linux.  Computers running Linux are generally not referred to as PCs.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2004, 03:59:49 pm »
You're forgetting about Linux.  Computers running Linux are generally not referred to as PCs.
They aren't? Wow. You learn something new each day. Still, I bet a vast majority of members here are Windows users. I'm not saying there aren't Linux users.

spongestacey-whezers

Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2004, 04:01:49 am »
For PCs:

You can run the vast majority of games on these babies!
You get Solitaire!  
You can PrintScreen
You can right click things!

Against PCs:

- They're more vulnerable to viruses
- Crashes (ie. blue screen of death) look creepier

For Macs:

- The skins on applications look much more fancier
- The keyboards feel nicer
- iTunes!

Against Macs:

- There's no print screen
- There's no right-click button :(
- Some things on the Internet don't display properly

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2004, 08:58:03 am »
Their are Thousands of virus on PCs, but only  about 50 or so for Macs. Here's a plus for the Mac: Eaiser to set-up. TO set up an iMac you just connect the keyboard, mouse, and speakkers, plug you modem in, plug the computer in, and start it up. And then you enter your name and email. Thats it! And Macs dominate the "creative feilds". Most magiznes are made on P.C.'s even P.C. Magiznes are. Alot of music  editing is done on the Mac, and video editing too.
As for Right click butten, you can simply buy a 2 butten mouse. I have one for my Mac, and it's nice. Even if you have a 1 boutten mouse you can still control click, and get the same funciton as a right click.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2004, 09:00:12 am by Rocko »

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2004, 09:49:40 am »
Their are Thousands of virus on PCs, but only  about 50 or so for Macs. Here's a plus for the Mac: Eaiser to set-up. TO set up an iMac you just connect the keyboard, mouse, and speakkers, plug you modem in, plug the computer in, and start it up. And then you enter your name and email. Thats it! And Macs dominate the "creative feilds". Most magiznes are made on P.C.'s even P.C. Magiznes are. Alot of music  editing is done on the Mac, and video editing too.
As for Right click butten, you can simply buy a 2 butten mouse. I have one for my Mac, and it's nice. Even if you have a 1 boutten mouse you can still control click, and get the same funciton as a right click.
Um, new PCs have a video editing system. My computer has an anti-virus system on it. Oh, and Macs makeup for not having many viruses, with have a ton of errors, closing programs, freezing.
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2004, 03:07:37 pm »
For PCs:

You can run the vast majority of games on these babies!
You get Solitaire!  
You can PrintScreen
You can right click things!

Against PCs:

- They're more vulnerable to viruses
- Crashes (ie. blue screen of death) look creepier

For Macs:

- The skins on applications look much more fancier
- The keyboards feel nicer
- iTunes!

Against Macs:

- There's no print screen
- There's no right-click button :(
- Some things on the Internet don't display properly
On a G5 you can right click and I havent had a problem with my Dad's ridicously tricked out G5. About the internet, it always works for me. The only problems are on my mom's Dell Dimension 4500. I'm writing this message on the Dell and the keyboard is loud and hurts my fingers. My dad uses a Macally keyboard its quiet and comfortable. One thing good about my mom's Dell is that the YIM rocks at version 5.6 and my dad's YIM is 2.5.3 and its no good. No IMViroments, no cool fonts and no color customizing blows.
On crashes, i've had some crashes on this Dell here and I couldn't sleep the night I had the virus. It was all like, all of a sudden,74365678123674267164328578936517 or something and I started to run. And with the Mac, it has no 74365678123674267164328578936517. Of course, I never had a problem with G5 down at my Dad's so I wouldn't know.

Overall, Mac gets a 5 out of 5.

Overall, Posessed Dell gets 2.5 out of 5.

This is my longest post ever. 1036 characters!

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2004, 03:25:00 pm »
Ok, let me do MY comparison.

PC: Games come standard.
Mac: The only games I can play are on the internet.

PC: Mine has a 68.0 GB hard drive
Mac: The Mac has a puny 6.44 GB hard drive

PC: The internet's fine, except for when the provider is having problems.
Mac: It really does slow down the internet. I've compared for the two computers and the Macs internet is MUCH slower.

PC: The only error that's ever happend on the PC was because of a website I was visiting.
Mac: Has multiple errors in a day.

PC: My PC has a DVD drive, CD drive and Floppy disk drive. It also has 6 USB ports.
Mac: My Mac has a CD drive. It also has 2 USB ports. One's already taken by the keyboard.

PC: A bit complicated to setup, but once it's up, it runs fine.
Mac: Easy to setup, but once it's setup, it's slow.

PC: When you make a paint file, it can be put into Jpg format, Gif format, Tiff format, PNG format and 4 different forms of Bitmap. Some of which can be put on the internet.
Mac: When you make a paint file, it can only be put in Apple Works format, which cannot be put on the internet.

I think that's about all I need to say.  :mellow:  
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2004, 03:41:31 pm »
Ok, none of you are being unbiased.  OS for OS, Mac OS X appears to be more stable than Windows XP Pro.  As far as security, Windows is most exploited because so many people use it.  If OS X was used that much, more people would find exploits for it.  Speed really depends on the individual computer.  You can't compare a dual G5 to a PIII 900, and you can't compare a dual FX-53 to an iMac.  The real comparison would be price for price.  Linux defeats all in that competition because, well, its free.  Custom built Windows computers have a better price/performance ratio than Apples do though.  If you have the cash for either, its just personal preference. If you're a gamer, you'll obviously want Windows XP Pro.  If you're a video/graphics guru, an Apple might be a good choice, altough there are many good programs for Windows.  If you are using it for only web browsing, etc, then either works.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2004, 05:33:49 pm »
Ok, let me do MY comparison.

PC: Games come standard.
Mac: The only games I can play are on the internet.

PC: Mine has a 68.0 GB hard drive
Mac: The Mac has a puny 6.44 GB hard drive

PC: The internet's fine, except for when the provider is having problems.
Mac: It really does slow down the internet. I've compared for the two computers and the Macs internet is MUCH slower.

PC: The only error that's ever happend on the PC was because of a website I was visiting.
Mac: Has multiple errors in a day.

PC: My PC has a DVD drive, CD drive and Floppy disk drive. It also has 6 USB ports.
Mac: My Mac has a CD drive. It also has 2 USB ports. One's already taken by the keyboard.

PC: A bit complicated to setup, but once it's up, it runs fine.
Mac: Easy to setup, but once it's setup, it's slow.

PC: When you make a paint file, it can be put into Jpg format, Gif format, Tiff format, PNG format and 4 different forms of Bitmap. Some of which can be put on the internet.
Mac: When you make a paint file, it can only be put in Apple Works format, which cannot be put on the internet.

I think that's about all I need to say.  :mellow:
UNfair comparison, you are comapirng a 4 year old iMac to a new PC. That's infair, and in Apple Works you can change the format to a GIF or JPEG. Mac OS X is much faster anyway, if your computer can handle it. XP can be really slow too. Try running XP on a 900mhz PIII sometime.  

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

sponge2704

Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2004, 08:06:57 pm »
PC.the PCs are just better and have a much better system for the internet. And someone said iTunes,but Dell Music Match is alot better

Spongey34

Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2004, 07:45:21 pm »
PCs:
-Give me nightmares.

Macs:
-Nothing rivals it's superiority.
-I've used Macs for 8 years.  Not once has it "crashed."
-No system pop-ups.
-The fastest internet browser out there.
-Movie editing and DVD burning apps bundled in.
-Mac OS X has been acclaimed as the safest OS in the world.
-Mac users never give viruses a thought. They don't bother us.
-All of Apple's computers are so much better than any Dell or HP crap.
-If it weren't for the Macintosh, there wouldn't be any "Windows."  Microsoft got all its GUI (Graphical User Interface) ideas from Apple.
-Anyone who is not using a Mac is seriously missing out.

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2004, 08:11:09 pm »
Dude. Don't post on ancient topics.

Starr2k3

Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2004, 08:26:11 pm »
Dude. Don't post on ancient topics.