Author Topic: Mac Vs. Pc  (Read 332065 times)

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #195 on: May 18, 2004, 01:01:43 pm »
I've tried "really fast" PCs, and they weren't much faster than this Dell.

Mac > PC.
Where in my post did I mention ANYTHING about CPU speeds? It might help if you use something different than the same arguement every single time.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #196 on: May 18, 2004, 01:16:43 pm »
Do you know how PCs crash?

Slow CPU speeds are a sign of crashes... PCs can't keep as stable as Macs... Which is why that Macs are faster, and Macs don't crash.

This topic is becoming really strange. Join in where the debate is taking place, and this topic won't be so hard to follow.

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #197 on: May 18, 2004, 01:42:53 pm »
I've tried "really fast" PCs, and they weren't much faster than this Dell.

Mac > PC.
How fast are "really fast" computers and what brand?
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #198 on: May 18, 2004, 02:46:50 pm »
Do you know how PCs crash?

Slow CPU speeds are a sign of crashes... PCs can't keep as stable as Macs... Which is why that Macs are faster, and Macs don't crash.

This topic is becoming really strange. Join in where the debate is taking place, and this topic won't be so hard to follow.
Once again, if people wouldn't load all the crap onto their computers, they wouldn't crash. I know many people who's PC never crashed.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #199 on: May 18, 2004, 02:59:19 pm »
That's why you don't have many games on your comp. That is another result of crashing

Spongey34

Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #200 on: May 18, 2004, 04:24:51 pm »
There's no exact speed, but again, an 800 Mhz Mac preforms much better than a 2-3 GHz PC.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #201 on: May 18, 2004, 06:30:19 pm »
Read it.  I don't even need to comment on that.

1.  Don't say something like "MACS R00L YOU!" OR "PC ARE TEH KING".  That just makes you ignorant.
2.  There is a huge difference between a fast PC and a slow PC when you are using it for stuff other than solitaire and web browsing.  When you are playing games, compiling, encoding, doing graphics work, drafting, rendering, etc, there is a noticable difference between your average Dell and a custom built workstation or gaming rig.
3.  Right now, I consider a fast PC to be an Althon XP at 2.0 ghz or more, any Athlon 64, a Pentium 4 at 2.4 ghz or more, with 512mb or more of pc2700 or faster, and at least an fx5200 or a radeon 9200.  That would be the bottom of "fast computers" for me, and it happens to be the minimum recommended specs to run FarCry.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Spongey34

Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #202 on: May 18, 2004, 09:31:27 pm »
Read it.  I don't even need to comment on that.

1.  Don't say something like "MACS R00L YOU!" OR "PC ARE TEH KING".  That just makes you ignorant.
2.  There is a huge difference between a fast PC and a slow PC when you are using it for stuff other than solitaire and web browsing.  When you are playing games, compiling, encoding, doing graphics work, drafting, rendering, etc, there is a noticable difference between your average Dell and a custom built workstation or gaming rig.
3.  Right now, I consider a fast PC to be an Althon XP at 2.0 ghz or more, any Athlon 64, a Pentium 4 at 2.4 ghz or more, with 512mb or more of pc2700 or faster, and at least an fx5200 or a radeon 9200.  That would be the bottom of "fast computers" for me, and it happens to be the minimum recommended specs to run FarCry.
I don't need to comment on that either, but for different reasons, most likely.

1.  I don't say that stuff, so... whatever.
2.  I do that sort of stuff on my Mac, so I know that.
3.  I consider a fast Mac to be around 1 GHz.  Something a little less is fine, and something more is a nice bonus.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #203 on: May 18, 2004, 09:42:25 pm »
Alienware Aurora, 2GB of RAM, and Western Digital RAID Array 10,000 RPM Hard Drives. It was very, very good in CS, although it wasn't so stable... Booting wasn't quality of Mac... Cold... Hard... BOOTING UP...Terrible. Macs can just do things like booting, and keeping stable no matter what better.

That's why you don't have many games on your comp. That is another result of crashing

I don't have ANY games on my comp. I will soon...

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #204 on: May 19, 2004, 06:51:10 am »
I got a 2.0 GHZ and it's fast. It's never crashed sinceI've gotten it in June. I had an old Emachines from 5 years ago and it never crashed

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #205 on: May 19, 2004, 08:18:39 am »
Have you ever used Mac OS X Diamond Web Dude?

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #206 on: May 19, 2004, 11:20:21 am »
My mom's school has them and I don't really like them...but thats what I use when I go over there

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #207 on: May 19, 2004, 12:53:05 pm »
Which ones are they?

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #208 on: May 20, 2004, 05:21:36 pm »
Read it.  I don't even need to comment on that.

1.  Don't say something like "MACS R00L YOU!" OR "PC ARE TEH KING".  That just makes you ignorant.
2.  There is a huge difference between a fast PC and a slow PC when you are using it for stuff other than solitaire and web browsing.  When you are playing games, compiling, encoding, doing graphics work, drafting, rendering, etc, there is a noticable difference between your average Dell and a custom built workstation or gaming rig.
3.  Right now, I consider a fast PC to be an Althon XP at 2.0 ghz or more, any Athlon 64, a Pentium 4 at 2.4 ghz or more, with 512mb or more of pc2700 or faster, and at least an fx5200 or a radeon 9200.  That would be the bottom of "fast computers" for me, and it happens to be the minimum recommended specs to run FarCry.
Here's another rule don't compare you brand new PC to your 6 yearold Mac no duh it's fasterm, it's new.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
Mac Vs. Pc
« Reply #209 on: May 20, 2004, 05:56:47 pm »
They're still going to be comparing badly.