Author Topic: Camping Episode / Krabby Land  (Read 9129 times)

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Camping Episode / Krabby Land
« on: April 03, 2004, 05:21:38 pm »
Ok, the new episode just ended.  It was average season 3 material, so it was nothing special.  I personally didn't like either episode, but Krabby Land was not as bad as The Camping Episode.  It might not have been so bad if a great episode like No Free Rides wasn't shown right before it. My reviews:

The Camping Episode:  I really didn't like the episode.  The thing that was most noticable to me was repetition.  While it was funny the first time Squidward got mauled by a seabear, it got old after 6 or 7 times.  This has been happening a lot in Season 3 episodes.  A joke is only funny for so long, and then it gets annoying.  The song seemed sort of out of place.  It didn't add anything to episode.  It just took up time.  The song itself was decent, but its not as good as Sweet Victory or as catchy as F.U.N.  Another thing that I didn't like was that Squidward didn't act as he normally would.  The character of Squidward that I "know" would not have bothered to spend a moment of time with SpongeBob or Patrick without having to.  Anyway, maybe theres something I'm missing completely, but the episode wasn't funny.

Krabby Land:  This episode had some funny moments, like when SpongeBob was getting beaten up by those two tough fish.  The episode contained a little interesting satire; that kids enjoy violence instead of watching SpongeBob blow bubbles.  The problem of repetition occured again in this episode.  Mr. Krabs saying money instead of children got old fast, but it continued throughout the episode.  In all, it was a decent episode.

I put up a new poll, so you can vote for which episode you think is better.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2004, 05:22:19 pm by cmonkey »
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Offline Spider-Boogie

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://allyour.basearebelongto.us/setting-up/bombs.html
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2004, 05:25:11 pm »
I think The Camping Episode was far better than Krabby Land. Krabby Land was boring.
April Fool: I'm the April Fool. What's up with that?
Timmy: It's official, this guy sucks. I wish he was somewhere else!
*Poof!*
Timmy: Where'd you guys poof him to?
*Both fairies give evil smiles*
April Fool: I never asked for this!
Jorgen: Shut up, or I'll have Chuck Norris roundhouse kick you in the face again!

Rachel is my USB wife <3
Vicky is also my USB wife <3

Squarepants

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2004, 06:03:31 pm »
I diddn't get to see it yet... :angry:  

Alain2k5

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2004, 06:07:45 pm »
Both were good  :happy:  

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2004, 06:46:21 pm »
I wasn't fond of Krabby Land. It just didn't seem to have the same pizazz a normal SBSP episode would have. Plus it was way too predictable. I could almost for see what Krabby Land looked like under the tarp.

Camping Episode was better in my opinion. I wished they hadn't of played as much on the Sea Bear attacks as they had. It kind of took away from the episode. I could see Squidward being "Forced" to camp with them. But I didn't feel they did it right. It was almost like Squidward was desperate to play.

But it was a nice site to see some new episodes. I just wished they had of been a little better.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2004, 07:44:14 pm »
I didn't get to see any of them...no cable at this house...does anyone know if they'll be aired again tomorrow?

Spongey34

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2004, 08:51:38 pm »
They were both good episodes.  I liked The Camping Episode more than Krabby Land.  I really liked The Campfire Song Song.
And I think they'll be shown again tomorrow morning at 9:30.

Starr2k3

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2004, 09:47:32 pm »
They Will Be Shown Everyday For The Next Week Most Likely....

tiger-moon

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2004, 03:44:15 am »
if i had to choose i wood choose the camping episode.  

spongehead 32

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2004, 05:00:37 am »
glad to see you liked them

and I agree, I prefer "the camping episode" myself

Banana

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2004, 05:07:04 am »
Smifighdaghsmidghffh...I forgot to tape it while I was at my Grandpa's birthday.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2004, 06:52:29 am »
I prefered Camping Episode over Krabby Land. They were both good episodes though. I liked when the seabear attacked squidward, and Squidward was like "What did I do now?" and SpongeBob said "I don't know. I guess it just doesn't like  you."

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2004, 10:28:19 am »
The Camping Episode was pretty good. I liked the song. The Seabear attacks were pretty funny, but there were too many of them. As for Krabby Land, I didn't like it. It was way too boring and expected. I liked The Camping Episode a lot better.
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2004, 11:24:26 am »
krabby land was pretty boring but i liked the camping episode because it was more fun. i like the C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E SONG song. haha.

Sea Bear

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2004, 12:02:04 pm »
Cmonkey, I like you, but I'll have to disagree with your well thought out and wise review.  I thought the Camping episode was very humerous, and when Squidward kept getting attcked was funny because he kept doing normal things like limping and just trying to get away, but in doing so, he kept getting attcked more.  The song was cool, funny, one of the best so far.  Overall good, funny episode. 85/100

Krabby Land:  Ha ha the show at it's best.  I loved this one.  Season 3 is best.  From Mr. Krabs' normal halarious attitude, what people don't see in Krabs is that he loves many things, but his love for money can get the best in him.  All around good. 90/100.
There that is from the eyes of people who truly love the show.  My review. Me.