Author Topic: News As Usual.  (Read 10559 times)

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
News As Usual.
« on: April 29, 2004, 05:08:02 pm »
Some random news for today.

Happy 1st Birthday to SpongeBob Area! (sorry, I'm a few days late).

SpongeBob dropped out of the top ten viewed shows on cable for the first time in a while last week.  It managed to capture the #11 spot, while Fairly OddParents got #3 and #7 and an episode of Danny Phantom got #4.  Is SpongeBob fading away already?  I don't think so.  It was just a bad week in my opinion.  While FOP may be Nick's new flagship show, SpongeBob isn't going to disappear until years from now.

I've started working on another website; one that is completely different from this one.    When it eventually launches, it will be a Linux/Open Source Software/Technology help/news/review site.  So, basically anything dealing with computers. :wink:  I'm working on it with a friend of mine, PartiallyNothing.  We managed to get the domain OpenHelp.org.  Don't worry, I'm not going to stop working on the Sponge Zone.  This is still my main site.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Starr2k3

News As Usual.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 05:22:15 pm »
Now, I Will HAVE To Come To That!

super_sayian_spongebob

News As Usual.
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 06:09:19 pm »
Number 11!?! Dang that hurts. One time it was #1. Now Danny Phantom and FOP took certain spots. GET RID OF DANNY PHANTOM!!!!

TV is getting suckier every year. If this gets any worse I'll move out of this country when I'm 18.

foulpattie

News As Usual.
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 06:33:42 pm »
Danny Phantom got the rating because it's heavily advertised and it's new. In a few weeks it'll drop way down.  

Alain2k5

News As Usual.
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2004, 06:54:50 pm »
Heh, Cool! Another website! My favorite category, Computers.  :original:  

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
News As Usual.
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2004, 07:01:27 pm »
j00 like Macs alain?

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
News As Usual.
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2004, 07:24:09 pm »
Awesome. Good luck on your site.

Alain2k5

News As Usual.
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2004, 07:39:54 pm »
j00 like Macs alain?
I don't like Macs. I prefer Windows and Linux

Spongey34

News As Usual.
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2004, 09:24:28 pm »
Macs are the best. :cool:  

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
News As Usual.
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2004, 06:56:34 am »
Some random news for today.

Happy 1st Birthday to SpongeBob Area! (sorry, I'm a few days late).

SpongeBob dropped out of the top ten viewed shows on cable for the first time in a while last week.  It managed to capture the #11 spot, while Fairly OddParents got #3 and #7 and an episode of Danny Phantom got #4.  Is SpongeBob fading away already?  I don't think so.  It was just a bad week in my opinion.  While FOP may be Nick's new flagship show, SpongeBob isn't going to disappear until years from now.
Wow. I guess these other shows are trying to take over SpongeBob's time on Nick. It will be a sad day when they take SpongeBob off of TV. Thank goodness for DVDs

I've started working on another website; one that is completely different from this one.    When it eventually launches, it will be a Linux/Open Source Software/Technology help/news/review site.  So, basically anything dealing with computers. :wink:  I'm working on it with a friend of mine, PartiallyNothing.  We managed to get the domain OpenHelp.org.  Don't worry, I'm not going to stop working on the Sponge Zone.  This is still my main site.

Cool. I'm starting to understand computers a bit more. I'll have to stop by when it's finished.

Macs are the best.

Oh no. Not this argument...again!
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

Evil Institution

News As Usual.
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2004, 06:29:10 pm »
Ugh... Macs USED to be the most POWERFUL, but not necessarily the best. Now adays they're beat out by PC's in most aspects.

Heck, I'm posting this on an iMac, but just because I can't afford to buy my own computer. Honestly, I've got nothing against Macs, it's just that PC's have more varieties in many different ways.

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
News As Usual.
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2004, 06:30:59 pm »
i dont know computers so i dont know whats the best or not but dont start a flamefest.

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
News As Usual.
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2004, 08:01:00 pm »
Ugh... Macs USED to be the most POWERFUL, but not necessarily the best. Now adays they're beat out by PC's in most aspects.

Heck, I'm posting this on an iMac, but just because I can't afford to buy my own computer. Honestly, I've got nothing against Macs, it's just that PC's have more varieties in many different ways.
I take back about what i said. My comp teacher said without macs you wuoldn't have a computer today inless he is lyng
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

Spongey34

News As Usual.
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2004, 09:07:43 pm »
My comp teacher said without macs you wuoldn't have a computer today inless he is lyng
He's absoultely correct.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
News As Usual.
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2004, 10:51:53 pm »
Well, Macs are faster and more stable than my mom's POS Dell.

Dell Vs. Power Mac G4 the same price,

Dell: Boot and down times are slow and straining, and makes a horrible noise.
G4: Quiet, fast boots and downs.

Dell: Pretty lame design. Bulky. Unwelcoming tone of colors.
G4: Bulky, but got colors.

Dell: Alot more is avalible to download.
G4: The only downloads are from Apple, mainly.

Dell: Fonts and screens don't look as good as Mac OS X.
G4: Silky-smooth design of fonts and screens.

Dell: Force-quitting apps that I DON'T WANT TO ANNOY ME are always neccessary.
G4: No force-quitting stuff is neccessary in the first place, and NOTHING annoys me.

Dell: Errors, viruses and crashes often. Likely to go beserk when the Mac does fine.
G4: No one writes jack for it, and it wouldn't crash. Errors {VERY UNcommon!!!!}

Dell: Main media creation system is... meh.
G4: iLife '04 is Teh r0x0rs!!!

Dell: 4.5 out of 10.
G4: 9.0 out of 10.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2004, 10:52:26 pm by patrick101 »