Author Topic: Merger  (Read 46661 times)

spongedude

Merger
« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2004, 08:47:28 pm »
I, for one, believe that DPS is doing you all a great service by coding this merge. As ungrateful and rude as many of you may act, he is still going through. Most of us are still students with other priorities - DPS isn't some almighty figure who can do anything and everything.

And IZ, lay off on Carl. If anyone is being immature, it is you. Please remember, no matter how much you may despise it, Carl is 30, and you are 15. BIG difference there mister. Its just a wild guess, but I'd say that Carl is a lot more mature, and knowledgeable than you and many others. We still have a long way to go, as we are still teens, and it sickens me, it absolutely sickens me, to see my peers go on ego sprees thinking they know everything. Drop it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 08:48:32 pm by spongedude »

Starr2k3

Merger
« Reply #136 on: August 17, 2004, 08:58:29 pm »
Well, I sure hope Carl is smarter...

Even if Kevin is being immature, Carl is the same ammount.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Merger
« Reply #137 on: August 17, 2004, 09:00:03 pm »

Err...

I don't know whether to be complimented or insulted.

IZ and others with power...

Merger
« Reply #138 on: August 18, 2004, 12:44:22 am »
I am not a fan of Spnge Bob, but I know cmonkey, and visit the site once in a while. This merger thing seems to have many people very excited, and other very ::Dolphin Noise::ed off. One thing I have noticed, some people with power are being very rude and inconsiderate. When you should express positive feelings, those with poser are saying "if you do not like it, then leave". That is a terrible way to do things. If those with power act in such childless ways, then this forum will slowly die as people leave (and/or get banned by those with power).

Also, whoever is doing the merger is a lazy ::Dolphin Noise:: for not moving the PM's. If whoever is doing it is even slightly skilled at adaptive coding, it can be done in minutes. And that is not exaggeration. Fight for that to be done if it is important to many people, because it is not even remotely hard.

My bottom line: Both those who are mad about the merge and those who are mad about those who are mad about the merge need to calm down and remember what this forum is all about: creating an interesting community of Sponge Bob fanatics. That is what is important.

livestoSURF

Merger
« Reply #139 on: August 18, 2004, 04:58:57 am »
I am not a fan of Spnge Bob, but I know cmonkey, and visit the site once in a while. This merger thing seems to have many people very excited, and other very ::Dolphin Noise::ed off. One thing I have noticed, some people with power are being very rude and inconsiderate. When you should express positive feelings, those with poser are saying "if you do not like it, then leave". That is a terrible way to do things. If those with power act in such childless ways, then this forum will slowly die as people leave (and/or get banned by those with power).

Also, whoever is doing the merger is a lazy ::Dolphin Noise:: for not moving the PM's. If whoever is doing it is even slightly skilled at adaptive coding, it can be done in minutes. And that is not exaggeration. Fight for that to be done if it is important to many people, because it is not even remotely hard.

My bottom line: Both those who are mad about the merge and those who are mad about those who are mad about the merge need to calm down and remember what this forum is all about: creating an interesting community of Sponge Bob fanatics. That is what is important.
Very, VERY well said.

Offline DarkPatrickStar

• Honorable
  • Krabby Supreme
    • View Profile
    • http://elementalhosting.net
Merger
« Reply #140 on: August 18, 2004, 07:10:10 pm »
agreed. all this merger is going to do is help bring more of Sponge Zone and SBC out and make it better by combining communities. We aren't tarring SBC or SZ down or away from you :cool:  

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Merger
« Reply #141 on: August 18, 2004, 07:36:53 pm »
DPS...I appreciate you doing the coding..

The only reason why anyone told them to leave is because we don't want a bunch of people complaining and having bad attitudes all the time. It definitely drops the appeal if everyone is in a bad mood because of the merge.

MiraclrPlz

Merger
« Reply #142 on: August 21, 2004, 10:10:39 pm »
Will it be done by tommorow?

ShantiLuva

Merger
« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2004, 05:59:43 am »
I, for one, believe that DPS is doing you all a great service by coding this merge. As ungrateful and rude as many of you may act, he is still going through. Most of us are still students with other priorities - DPS isn't some almighty figure who can do anything and everything.

And IZ, lay off on Carl. If anyone is being immature, it is you. Please remember, no matter how much you may despise it, Carl is 30, and you are 15. BIG difference there mister. Its just a wild guess, but I'd say that Carl is a lot more mature, and knowledgeable than you and many others. We still have a long way to go, as we are still teens, and it sickens me, it absolutely sickens me, to see my peers go on ego sprees thinking they know everything. Drop it.
That is so true...... I mean really :blink:  

Starr2k3

Merger
« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2004, 08:48:18 am »
Will it be done by tommorow?
No... it is really hard to merge forums. And read my post before, I said how long.

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Merger
« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2004, 11:05:00 am »
patience people. dps is doing a lot of hard work

mermaidman97007

Merger
« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2004, 01:24:07 pm »
Ok, how is walking away being immature? Should I stay, and let you troll, harrass, and flame me even more? I will not allow it.
I will respond however to the fact that Kevin says "his" site didn't cost "him" a thing. In reality it was Me, and DPS who paid for everything. I got the domain, and IFX hosting, even though it sucked, then John talked us into changing the host to something that costs. And guess what, he is paying for it. 300 a year!
I am immature? You guys were the ones that just demoted me right to member, you didn't even ask me to step down to Mod. And after putting my heart, and soul into the boards there you expected it to go on without me, and now you are seeing that without me there it died off alot.
If anything I wouldn't be harping on how immature we have been, and just be happy the merger is happening at all. Especially after you guys went from over 300 posts a day, and over 3 pages of active topics a day to just over 50 posts a day, and not even a full page of active topics after I left. If you think you can blame it on the 4 day server outage, try again, it was that way before the outage.
Having Crow complain to IFX about the skin didn't help your cause either, I kept right on going, until the wonderful Angelene talked me into walking away. I thought about it a while, and knew she was right. You guys woudn't give up til I wasn't running a spongebob site of any kind. You would invade my boards, and harrass me no matter what. Heck, you even harrass me on my new board.
I am sick of this. I will not respond to any more trolls, I will not respond to anymore flames, or harrassment. Anymore harrassment on my boards will result in an IP ban.
I hope the merger goes well for all involved, and I hope cmonkey has fun at college, and that he doesn't end up regretting the merge.

~angelene's dreams

Merger
« Reply #147 on: August 22, 2004, 01:26:54 pm »

Andrew, you are a TROLL.  

I WILL not be a part of this Mod Team if you are chosen also to be a Mod.  End of story.

foulpattie

Merger
« Reply #148 on: August 22, 2004, 01:29:40 pm »
I just want this to be over with.  

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Merger
« Reply #149 on: August 22, 2004, 01:52:35 pm »
I will respond however to the fact that Kevin says "his" site didn't cost "him" a thing. In reality it was Me, and DPS who paid for everything. I got the domain, and IFX hosting, even though it sucked, then John talked us into changing the host to something that costs. And guess what, he is paying for it. 300 a year!

Actually, IFX was free. Anyone of us could've gotten it. Johns paying for the hosting, but we're not the only ones using it. It's his reseller account.