Author Topic: How Would You Improve Nick?  (Read 24326 times)

Kenny Blankenship

How Would You Improve Nick?
« on: August 20, 2004, 08:08:43 am »
OK, I think we're all in agreement that Nickelodeon has problems.  But instead of complaining about Nick's issues, let's be proactive and try to solve their problems for them.

So, how would you improve Nickelodeon?

My list:
1.  Make a requirement that says all  cartoons must only concentrate on providing entertainment, and any shows that only concentrate on teaching morals will be labeled "boring" and consequently taken of the air.
2. Eradicate all  Klasky-Csupo cartoons.  They have gone way downhill from 7-10 years ago.
3. Create new  cartoons that are in the mold of "Ren & Stimpy", "Rocko's Modern Life", and "SpongeBob".
4. As for the non-cartoon shows on Nick, either completely start from scratch, hire better writers, or both.
5. Give Nick Jr. its own separate channel.

That's all I can think of for now, but I think the above 5 ideas would be a great start to the renovation of Nickelodeon.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2004, 10:56:32 am by Kenny Blankenship »

livestoSURF

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 09:22:53 am »
Put Invader Zim back on, take Jimmy Neurtron off. Bring back Rocko's Modern Life!

.com person

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 09:39:11 am »
Well I think they should take Jimmy neutron off and just make a movie series of it in the least not make shows last 10 ten years or something, reruns can occur for like many years but please don't make it last long, make nick Jr a seperate channel thats a ditto, bring back some of the shows I think are good like IZ like alot of people say, and well maybe try something new like do such an interesting idea for a cartoon that would be like wow.  

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 10:08:23 am »
OK, I think we're all in agreement that Nickelodeon has problems.  But instead of complaining about Nick's issues, let's be proactive and try to solve their problems for them.

So, how would you improve Nickelodeon?

My list:
1.  Make a requirement that says all  cartoons must only concentrate on being funny, and any shows that concentrate on teaching morals will be labeled "boring" and consequently taken of the air.
2. Eradicate all  Klasky-Csupo cartoons.  They have gone way downhill from 7-10 years ago.
3. Create new  cartoons that are in the mold of "Ren & Stimpy", "Rocko's Modern Life", and "SpongeBob".
4. As for the non-cartoon shows on Nick, either completely start from scratch, hire better writers, or both.
5. Give Nick Jr. its own separate channel.

That's all I can think of for now, but I think the above 5 ideas would be a great start to the renovation of Nickelodeon.
1.All new shows are funny...they dont necessarily HAVE to be funny to be good
2.Rugrats are still going strong...
3.Going to do that soon...probably wont turn out so good
4.They had better ones in the 90s...
5.Parents would probably have to pay for it...

Kenny Blankenship

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2004, 10:52:06 am »
1. That's true......... I kinda said that wrong.  What I meant was that the cartoons should just concentrate on providing entertainment, and quit focusing on giving children the "lesson-of-the-day".  I'll edit that.
2. If you mean Rugrats as "All Grown Up", you might have a point (although I don't think it's any good).  If you mean Rugrats as the regular "Rugrats", then no.  That show jumped the shark a LONG time ago.
3. How would it not turn out good?  Do you not like "Ren & Stimpy" and "Rocko's Modern Life"?
4. Correct.
5. Not necessarily.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2004, 12:23:28 pm »
1. That's true......... I kinda said that wrong.  What I meant was that the cartoons should just concentrate on providing entertainment, and quit focusing on giving children the "lesson-of-the-day".  I'll edit that.
2. If you mean Rugrats as "All Grown Up", you might have a point (although I don't think it's any good).  If you mean Rugrats as the regular "Rugrats", then no.  That show jumped the shark a LONG time ago.
3. How would it not turn out good?  Do you not like "Ren & Stimpy" and "Rocko's Modern Life"?
4. Correct.
5. Not necessarily.
AGU or Rugrats...both are still going strong...they did make a couple new episodes where we met Harold in preschool...

I meant...the people who made FOP also got the idea for Danny Phantom...and then Crash Nebula...those werent good ideas...

Parents hhave to pay for NickToons TV...they made have to pay for Nick Jr because I dont think there is any room on another channel for cable tv...for it

livestoSURF

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2004, 12:33:44 pm »
I think they could improve it more by replacing bad shows with Spongebob  :tongue:  

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2004, 12:35:52 pm »
Too much of Spongebob could be a bad thing...people would get tired of it...but not me :unsure:

.com person

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2004, 02:38:10 pm »
I wouldn't since I don't watch nickeledon much.  

Kenny Blankenship

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2004, 03:43:07 pm »
AGU or Rugrats...both are still going strong...they did make a couple new episodes where we met Harold in preschool...

I meant...the people who made FOP also got the idea for Danny Phantom...and then Crash Nebula...those werent good ideas...

Parents hhave to pay for NickToons TV...they made have to pay for Nick Jr because I dont think there is any room on another channel for cable tv...for it
Well,we'll have to agree to disagree on Rugrats and AGU.

And I said create new cartoons in the mold  of "Ren & Stimpy" and "Rocko", cartoons that could be compared to "R & S" & "Rocko".  I didn't say create spin-offs of "R & S" & "Rocko".

As for the Nick Jr. channel, I'm sure something could get worked out.  These are just ideas on how to make Nick better, we don't have to worry about the little intricacies.

So, ssj4gogita4, what would you do to improve Nick?  

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2004, 04:33:35 pm »
Bring all the classics back so the ratings would improve...

Patricksquare Pants

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2004, 04:39:44 pm »
Take out Lets Just Play it Freaking Sucks.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2004, 04:40:16 pm »
That's coming soon...I think it's just one day

foulpattie

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2004, 07:34:58 pm »
Foulpattie's master plan

1. Cancel TEEN nick.
2. Bring more life back into Snick.
3. No more game shows. (EX- Slimetime, Splat)
4. Get shows Scheduled instead of showing them whenever they feel like it
5. Create new shows that have

*Creative character
*Well written stories.
*Bright well drawn animation
* keep it kid friendly.

...more soon to come

super_sayian_spongebob

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2004, 07:40:35 pm »
I think it should get off the air, that's how I'll improve it, and transfer SpongeBob, and FOP to the FOXBOX or Cartoon Network.