2 (9.5%)
I have Mixed feelings
1 (4.8%)
No opinon
1 (4.8%)
Other
3 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Abortion  (Read 31390 times)

Gideon Brown

Abortion
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2004, 08:27:36 am »
Who ever said I'm glad I made it through? Like ::Dolphin Noise:: I did. Please don't tell me what I think. My life is crap and the only thing that makes it worthwhile is music, and STILL I'm being ridiculed by my family about my choice in music.
Tell me, have you EVER changed your view of a certain topic? Ever? Honestly? Because I have. And one of those points of views was indeed religion. I used to be Christian. I believed in God, Christ, all that good stuff. Then I went to a Catholic High School. Changed my whole outlook on religion. Especially, when, as a protestant, I knew more about the Bible then all the Catholics.
And don't just TELL people to change their minds.
Personally, it's the mother's choice. If she wants to get the abortion then she gets one. Sometimes it's for the better. Would you want a mother who DIDN'T want to have you? That you were an accident and she couldn't get rid of you?  

MiraclrPlz

Abortion
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2004, 09:02:32 pm »
I'd prefer to LIVE.  There is never any winnining this debate for the wrong side.  It's impossible.  You can only think you've won.  Pro-life people are 100% right and that is final!!!

spongedude

Abortion
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2004, 09:17:51 pm »
Would you want a mother who DIDN'T want to have you? That you were an accident and she couldn't get rid of you?
At least I'd be able to live, and start a new life once I was old enough. Instead of being killed. That "mother's choice" stuff is B.S. :dry:  

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
Abortion
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2004, 09:31:46 pm »
Would you want a mother who DIDN'T want to have you? That you were an accident and she couldn't get rid of you?
At least I'd be able to live, and start a new life once I was old enough. Instead of being killed. That "mother's choice" stuff is B.S. :dry:
I agree. If you don't want a kid, then don't....... take measures that have the chance of getting you pregnant.

Gideon Brown

Abortion
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2004, 10:47:41 am »
That doesn't always happen. I had a dear friend who had a horrible homelife because right from the start she was called an accident. She was very depressed, and after failing a class and getting yelled at, tried to commit suicide. Luckily, she failed at that, and now she's getting help. And she no longer lives with her family.

Starr2k3

Abortion
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2004, 11:34:30 am »
I'd prefer to LIVE.  There is never any winnining this debate for the wrong side.  It's impossible.  You can only think you've won.  Pro-life people are 100% right and that is final!!!
Very mature, MSP.

Different people have different opinions...

spongedude

Abortion
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2004, 04:55:21 pm »
That doesn't always happen. I had a dear friend who had a horrible homelife because right from the start she was called an accident. She was very depressed, and after failing a class and getting yelled at, tried to commit suicide. Luckily, she failed at that, and now she's getting help. And she no longer lives with her family.
That's what I mean. At least the kid gets a chance at life.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 04:56:01 pm by spongedude »

Gideon Brown

Abortion
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2004, 04:57:27 pm »
Yeah, well she tried to end it herself. Doesn't make much sense to me. Suffer longer and then just kill yourself? Yeah right.  

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Abortion
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2004, 05:39:48 pm »
Once again, I had a post, and it got deleted for no reason. Anyways, my post was:
What is abortion?
_
I think it is like killing babies if there are too many or something.

MiraclrPlz

Abortion
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2004, 06:54:57 pm »
Yeah, well she tried to end it herself. Doesn't make much sense to me. Suffer longer and then just kill yourself? Yeah right.
I refuse even to acknowledge SpongeTronX's post.  But I gotta ask whom I'm quoting:  what's that supposed to mean?

Starr2k3

Abortion
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2004, 08:12:02 pm »
If you do not know what an abortion is, don't post in here.

Gideon Brown

Abortion
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2004, 08:26:52 pm »
I refuse even to acknowledge SpongeTronX's post.  But I gotta ask whom I'm quoting:  what's that supposed to mean?
My friend was an accident. Her parents didn't want her, and they made sure she knew. So she tried to kill herself. Why? Because she wasn't loved by her parents. So in her case, she thinks, "Why did they make me suffer? They shoulda just got an abortion. I wouldn't be here in this craphole, and they wouldn't have a kid to weigh them down."
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 08:27:34 pm by Charliez Fallen Angel »

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Abortion
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2004, 08:57:09 pm »
Who ever said I'm glad I made it through? Like ::Dolphin Noise:: I did. Please don't tell me what I think. My life is crap and the only thing that makes it worthwhile is music, and STILL I'm being ridiculed by my family about my choice in music.
Tell me, have you EVER changed your view of a certain topic? Ever? Honestly? Because I have. And one of those points of views was indeed religion. I used to be Christian. I believed in God, Christ, all that good stuff. Then I went to a Catholic High School. Changed my whole outlook on religion. Especially, when, as a protestant, I knew more about the Bible then all the Catholics.
And don't just TELL people to change their minds.
Personally, it's the mother's choice. If she wants to get the abortion then she gets one. Sometimes it's for the better. Would you want a mother who DIDN'T want to have you? That you were an accident and she couldn't get rid of you?

I can really relate to that.

REALLY relate.

Elizabeth Rose

Abortion
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2004, 08:57:22 pm »
SSS, if a teenage mother has a baby, the baby will be unhealthy...
Wow, where are the sources for that may I ask? As far as I know women 100 or so years ago were getting married and having healthy babies so I'm curious on that one. I don't believe they have unhealthy kids.

I am for absolutely NO abortion. It's wrong no matter what. If you're 14 and get pregnant then it's your own fault. I don't mean to come off as a hateful individual (because I'm not, I promise) but it's true. Think before you act please.

In the case of rape, you really should have your kid. What did that kid do to you that deserved death? Just put it up for adoption; there are millions who will have and love that child more than willingly.

For the most part people need to learn to act responsibly. If you do not want kids do not get pregnant.

By the way, you never know what you are snuffing out. Edgar Allen Poe was illegitimate.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Abortion
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2004, 09:03:30 pm »
Abortion should be abolished except under 2 circumstances, and maybe more if i'm forgetting anything:
1. When a woman is raped
2. When the birth of the baby could threaten the health of the mother
If America got half a brain they could easily decrease the % of teens having sex. All they would have to do is abolish abortion, forcing the girls that made a stupid decision to suffer to consequences. When a couple realizes if an "accident" happens that nothing can be done to prevent it, they become less likely to let the "accident" occur