Author Topic: Rap  (Read 28814 times)

Offline Squiddy

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Cybernations
Rap
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2004, 01:42:49 pm »
When I mean black i mean everything but white!

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Rap
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2004, 01:46:13 pm »
look man maybe in canada everythings all white like a polar bear but here in america we have a cultural blending pot and the whole country does not look the same

Offline Scilla

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Rap
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2004, 01:46:34 pm »
cough...Eminem.....cough..

Gideon Brown

Rap
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2004, 01:47:39 pm »
look man maybe in canada everythings all white like a polar bear but here in america we have a cultural blending pot and the whole country does not look the same
You're FUUUUUUUUUUUUNNY! Let me tell you that my friend, who is WHITE, lives in a section of Toronto where SHE is a minority. Don't assume all Canadians are the same. That'd be like me assuming that all Americans are like MSP.  :blink:

Canada is the country who is most diverse in cultures. Canada is also the country that uses the internet the most.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2004, 01:48:47 pm by Charliez Fallen Angel »

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Rap
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2004, 01:49:53 pm »
i was just making a point. i didnt assume anything

Gideon Brown

Rap
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2004, 01:51:11 pm »
i was just making a point. i didnt assume anything
You're point insulted me. I was offended by what he said too, but I didn't single out his freaking nationality. So maybe he's racist, wow. I'm not.  

Offline Squiddy

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Cybernations
Rap
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2004, 01:56:00 pm »
Shes right...if you go to Canada's Wonderland in Toronto. If you are   like..non musslem or non white,there...you stand like Squidward on a happy people land!

We got 13.5 percent of the country non white! And yes...all rappers are all non white except two people in the history of rap..so yes, all rappers are non white! black spanish whatever!

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Rap
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2004, 01:58:49 pm »
no there are more than 2 you know. some arent as famous but theres not only 2 white rappers in the world

Offline Squiddy

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Cybernations
Rap
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2004, 02:01:16 pm »
2 that are accually known...

Gideon Brown

Rap
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2004, 02:21:03 pm »
No!! The Beasties Boys are more than two!! And EVERYONE knows who Vanilla Ice is...Pfft...cuz it's just...him...not to mention Eminem.

Offline Squiddy

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Cybernations
Rap
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2004, 02:25:01 pm »
The Beasty Boys aren't rap?...They are like pop hip hop

Gideon Brown

Rap
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2004, 02:30:24 pm »
Nope. They're rap. Go to a music store, that's the section where you find them. Theyre rap of the way back when...way..back...when...holy geez, I was a baby when they were first around.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2004, 02:30:59 pm by Charliez Fallen Angel »

SS4Gohan

Rap
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2004, 02:59:50 pm »
Some rap is good. Like the Christian rap and everything.

But MOST rap is not good. MOST rap is talking about drugs, people getting murdered/commiting suicide, having sex or wanting to, and then it's filled with cussing. This is the majority of most rap and what most rappers rap.

Some people are trying to make rap "good", but it seems impossible. And it probably is.

And squidward400, I KNOW you don't just listen to "good" rap. I know you listen to the real kind of rap, which is bad.

And the lyrics aren't the worst part.

Why is rap considered music anyway? Where's the music? Okay so maybe there might be a couple of musical notes in the chorus, but most of it's just a beat. And they talk the whole thing. Rap is slang for talk or say. So rap is basically... talking. With a beat. "Talking" about sex, drugs, murder, and suicide.

So what happens when Snoop Dogg runs out of rhyming words? He makes a new language. It was already slang enough before, but now you see an "izzle" thrown in random places. And if Lil' Jon's in the song, you might here a couple of "YEEAAH!!"s and "WHHAAT?!"s. Don't forget the cussing.

You call it poetry? I don't see poets saying "Yo !@#$% mah !@#$%^ YEEAAH!! !@#$% What? !@#$ fo' !@# shizzle !@#$izzle dizzle !@#$% with !@#$% the !@#$$%^^ for %^&***" (Don't worry, I put in the symbols)

So is rap advanced poetry? Poetry with a new language and cuss words? Poetry about sex, drugs, murder, and suicide? Poetry by ghetto people with a beat in the background? Seriously, that doesn't sound like music.

I don't care about Kanye West, R. Kelly, Mase, and any other rappers you say rap about "good" stuff. It doesn't matter even if they do. They still cuss, and they're still rapping, which makes them look bad. Since the majority of rap is bad, all rappers look bad.

And don't start with the "If rap is bad, they can make good rap to attract bad people and make them good". That won't happen. Like I've said before, the majority is bad, so the good ones'll just get buried.

And again, I know you listen to bad rap. Most people that listen to rap listen to the majority of rap, the bad kind. Which is basically the real kind, and only kind, no matter what you say.

All I can say is, most of today's generation like rap. It's becoming the new fad, or it already has. I dunno when this'll die, it seems it'll only get worse. I don't care what you say about "good" rap. Believe me, it won't happen, sorry.

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Rap
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2004, 03:03:40 pm »
good point sammy

Offline Squiddy

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Cybernations
Rap
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2004, 03:26:30 pm »
Some rap is good. Like the Christian rap and everything.

But MOST rap is not good. MOST rap is talking about drugs, people getting murdered/commiting suicide, having sex or wanting to, and then it's filled with cussing. This is the majority of most rap and what most rappers rap.

Some people are trying to make rap "good", but it seems impossible. And it probably is.

And squidward400, I KNOW you don't just listen to "good" rap. I know you listen to the real kind of rap, which is bad.

And the lyrics aren't the worst part.

Why is rap considered music anyway? Where's the music? Okay so maybe there might be a couple of musical notes in the chorus, but most of it's just a beat. And they talk the whole thing. Rap is slang for talk or say. So rap is basically... talking. With a beat. "Talking" about sex, drugs, murder, and suicide.

So what happens when Snoop Dogg runs out of rhyming words? He makes a new language. It was already slang enough before, but now you see an "izzle" thrown in random places. And if Lil' Jon's in the song, you might here a couple of "YEEAAH!!"s and "WHHAAT?!"s. Don't forget the cussing.

You call it poetry? I don't see poets saying "Yo !@#$% mah !@#$%^ YEEAAH!! !@#$% What? !@#$ fo' !@# shizzle !@#$izzle dizzle !@#$% with !@#$% the !@#$$%^^ for %^&***" (Don't worry, I put in the symbols)

So is rap advanced poetry? Poetry with a new language and cuss words? Poetry about sex, drugs, murder, and suicide? Poetry by ghetto people with a beat in the background? Seriously, that doesn't sound like music.

I don't care about Kanye West, R. Kelly, Mase, and any other rappers you say rap about "good" stuff. It doesn't matter even if they do. They still cuss, and they're still rapping, which makes them look bad. Since the majority of rap is bad, all rappers look bad.

And don't start with the "If rap is bad, they can make good rap to attract bad people and make them good". That won't happen. Like I've said before, the majority is bad, so the good ones'll just get buried.

And again, I know you listen to bad rap. Most people that listen to rap listen to the majority of rap, the bad kind. Which is basically the real kind, and only kind, no matter what you say.

All I can say is, most of today's generation like rap. It's becoming the new fad, or it already has. I dunno when this'll die, it seems it'll only get worse. I don't care what you say about "good" rap. Believe me, it won't happen, sorry.
Ditto for me...that is what I am trying to say!