Author Topic: Presidential Debates  (Read 22533 times)

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
Presidential Debates
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2004, 11:10:11 am »
I didn't watch it, but WOW I've been hearing about the greatness of Kerry's speech.

I like Nader more, but if I had the chance, I would vote for Kerry. I'd just wanna vote for someone who could use my vote more.

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Presidential Debates
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2004, 11:45:27 am »
Kerry won the first round of the debate. He came out strong, though he did stumble a bit. He got his point across very nicely. Bush on the other hand seemed a bit nervous. Almost every question they asked him he stood and gave a blank stare. I got bored with hearing the same things over and over. "wrong war, wrong place, wrong time." got very boring.

I think Bush won cause he had the last word
It doesn't matter who spoke last. Kerry dominated most of the time.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2004, 11:46:39 am by MEEP! »
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Presidential Debates
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2004, 02:42:22 pm »
It was obvious that Kerry won the debate. Bush kept telling me what I already knew, and also kept repeating everything through the whole debate. Kerry's points weren't exactly that strong, but it made me a little more of a believer in him, and it also told me some things that I didn't already know..

Haha, plus, Bush seemed really really mad...I was just sitting there cracking up because of his facial expressions.

Starr2k3

Presidential Debates
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2004, 02:52:35 pm »
Wow! MSP actually said something good about Kerry.

Yes, I watched it and Kerry beat Bush by a long shot.

Offline Squiddy

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Cybernations
Presidential Debates
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2004, 02:59:00 pm »
I never saw it here in Canada...but I still hope Kerry wins!

GodzSon

Presidential Debates
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2004, 03:29:37 pm »
I like Nader more, but if I had the chance, I would vote for Kerry. I'd just wanna vote for someone who could use my vote more.
Nader would PWN them both if he was allowed to debate, but them doing all they can to keep him out of the debate and off ballods just shows that they have some type of fear towards him..but of course they use the "he stole votes from Gore" argument.

Yeah, Bush looked very frustrated. But hey, give him a break, "the job is hard" ya know? I was hoping someone was counting how many times he repeated himself like that.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Presidential Debates
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2004, 03:30:34 pm »
Haha...no. I liked how he was talking about "mixed messages" and couldn't get those words out right, though....

GodzSon

Presidential Debates
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2004, 03:32:39 pm »
Lauging at him just never gets old.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Presidential Debates
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2004, 07:34:59 pm »
Nader would PWN them both if he was allowed to debate, but them doing all they can to keep him out of the debate and off ballods just shows that they have some type of fear towards him..but of course they use the "he stole votes from Gore" argument.

Yeah, Bush looked very frustrated. But hey, give him a break, "the job is hard" ya know? I was hoping someone was counting how many times he repeated himself like that.
Screw nader, dude. He ran for president on that independent party like 10 times and never came close. If you're going to vote, vote for someone who might actually win. 2% of votes in every election go for the indie party and for what? They never win. You might as well vote for someone who actually has a shot at being the president. People who vote independent are just voting to do it, or just hate both candidates, might as well not vote....

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Presidential Debates
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2004, 07:37:21 pm »
i could care less about politics and watching this. i think its only funny when they humiliate themselves trying to put down the other guy

GodzSon

Presidential Debates
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2004, 12:38:52 am »

Screw nader, dude. He ran for president on that independent party like 10 times and never came close. If you're going to vote, vote for someone who might actually win. 2% of votes in every election go for the indie party and for what? They never win. You might as well vote for someone who actually has a shot at being the president. People who vote independent are just voting to do it, or just hate both candidates, might as well not vote....
True, but Nader is really the best choice..its just sad he can't show the people that because these two people are scared he'll actually get people to see how wrong they are..just trying to silence the truth and hide it from the public. I'm not voting for him, although that would be nice..but even he said hed rather have Kerry over Bush cause "Kerry is bad but Bush is worse". Hes stubborn though, he doesn't want to take any office other than president..which shows he cares, even though he knows he has no chance he still goes out and tries hard..but at the same time you wish he'd just take a lower office and he'd still be very effective.

MiraclrPlz

Presidential Debates
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2004, 08:28:02 pm »
Nader is a left-wing nut who won't get 2 votes!  He and John Scary on Nov. 3rd will crawl back into the mudhole from whence they came!

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Presidential Debates
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2004, 09:34:37 am »
Kerry owned W in that debate.

Offline Squiddy

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Cybernations
Presidential Debates
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2004, 06:03:41 pm »
Kerry owns Bush period.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Presidential Debates
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2004, 06:15:29 pm »
Two Party rule is just rediculous.  I think it's necessary for there to be other platforms to support.  Although in recent history (Perot in 92, Nader in 2000), third parties have mainly been spoilers in Presidential elections, they represent ideas beyond what Democrats and Republicans are limited to.  The two middle parties (Dem and Rep) have to shift thier positions to close match far left and far right parties, so other parties do matter.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone