Author Topic: Why I Like Anime  (Read 4741 times)

.com person

Why I Like Anime
« on: October 01, 2004, 11:40:12 pm »
READ ANIME HATERS!!!!
If you actually read this then it'll be a bit better to understand you when you say you hate anime.

Inuyasha
Based on the manga by Rumiko Takahashi, the creator of Ranma 1/2 and Urusei Yatsura, the Inu-Yasha TV series (2000) has been eagerly awaited in the U.S. Kagome Higurashi, a normal 15-year-old girl, falls down a dry well--and finds herself in the feudal past, 50 years after her ancestress Kikyo imprisoned the half-human/half-demon Inu-Yasha. As the reincarnation of Kikyo, Kagome possesses a magic jewel that greatly increases the power of demons. (Inu-Yasha needs it to make himself all demon.) Kagome fetters Inu-Yasha with the help of her priestess-ancestor Kaede, and when the jewel is shattered Kagome and Inu-Yasha must ally to recapture the fragments. If a demon or evil human were to obtain a single shard, the consequences would be terrible.

Cardcaptor Sakura
Curiosity is a part of any 10-year-old's life, but Sakura just broke the seal on a magical book and released all of the mischievous spirits imprisoned on the cards inside! Kero, the Guardian of the Clow Cards is horrified to find all of the cards gone and tells Sakura she must become the Cardcaptor and retrieve the spirits before they work their mischief in the world... Contains episodes 1-4. ( Note: This series was so highly edited it's hard to believe but it happened) ( the american verison was highly edited even though it is hard to believe, countless scences were cut)

Sakura Wars
When klutzy swordswoman Sakura Shinguji arrives in Tokyo in the mid-1920s, she inadvertently alienates the other members of the Troupe. As she works to make amends, she learns that these young women fight in Koubus, special mecha that run on spiritual energy. They battle the Wakiji, mecha that wreak destruction whenever they appear.

Fancy Lala
Miho Shinohara is an ordinary third grader who dreams of becoming a famous cartoonist--until she meets a mysterious man from the future and two cute dinosaur-fairies, Pigu and Mogu. The fairies give Miho the magic to transform into a lovely 15-year-old version of herself: Fancy Lala. On her first outing in her new form, Miho fills in for an absent fashion model and becomes the darling of the agency. But she has to keep this glamorous new existence hidden from her family, her best friend Akiru, and Taro, the obnoxious boy next door; and she has to schedule her appearances around school and chores.

Hand Maid May
When a virus zaps his system, he inadvertently orders a Hyperdoll--a girl one-sixth normal size. May tries to perform a maid's duties despite her diminutive stature, and the inevitable mismatched attraction arises. When Kazuya can't pay the $1.45 million bill, May is repossessed by the Cyberdyne Corp. But a kindly robot offers to provide him with a replacement--free of charge. A full-sized version of May appears and they pick up where they left off. But Kazuya's kindness attracts other beautiful Hyperdolls. The predictable contretemps include the jealousy of Nanbara, Kazuya's self-proclaimed best friend and worst enemy. Things take a weird turn when Kazuya's and Nanbara's descendants arrive from the future and begin messing with the story line.

Angelic Layer
Twelve-year-old Misaka Suzuhara arrives in Tokyo from the country to attend middle school, and is immediately drawn to "Angelic Layer," a battle game played with animated dolls. Under the skewed tutelage of "Mr. Icchan," Misaka assembles her doll Hiraku, begins playing, and immediately wins. Although she never does any school work, Misaka befriends kindergartener Hatoko, her older brother Kotaro, and his rambunctious friend Tamayo. Not surprisingly, all their socializing revolves around the "Angelic Layer" game.

Azumanga Daioh
Based on a comic by Kiyohiko Azuma, Azumanga Daioh is the anime equivalent of a '50s girls' novel. Ten-year-old prodigy Chiyo and transfer student Osaka join the crowd at a Tokyo high school, adding to the comic misadventures. Their hard-drinking, potty-mouthed English teacher Yukari resents the popularity of the saner gym teacher Nyamo, even though they’re old friends and former classmates. Azumanga lacks any sort of sustained storyline or character development; it's just a series of incidents and encounters involving the kids and the two teachers. The only recurring male character is the leering Mr. Kimura, who teaches because he likes to ogle the students. Adolescent girls may enjoy sharing the featherweight daily problems of Tomo, Yomi, Sakaki, Kaorin, Chihiro, Chiyo, and Osaka, but Azumanga Daioh isn't really about anything.

.hack//sign
Based on a popular PlayStation2 game, the fantasy-adventure .hack//Sign is set in the world within an online game. Tsukasa, a powerful Wave Master, finds himself lost in the cyberworld, with little memory of how he got there. More significantly, he's unable to log out of the game and is apparently immune to many of its restrictions. He may be the focus of an impending crisis linked to the mysterious Key of the Twilight. As he wanders through different realms, Tsukasa meets spunky girl warrior Mimiru; earnest soldier Bear; the Crimson Knights, who maintain order in the game-world; and genially heroic Crim, a Heavy Spear wielder. Tsukasa also encounters a potent but unseen entity who promises to protect him--and does.

Voices of a distant star
Voices of a Distant Star is a personal film, made almost entirely by a single artist, Makoto Shinkai. Mikako and Noboru are separated at the beginning of high school in 2046. She's accepted into the training program for mecha pilots to fight the aliens who attacked human settlements on Mars. As she moves across the miles and, ultimately, light years, she sends messages that the forlorn Noboru patiently awaits. The animation is largely restricted to camera moves over still artwork and CG objects, but Shinkai is a skillful enough director to tell this melancholy sci-fi romance through the strong music and vocal tracks.

Mao chan
When 8-year-old Mao Onigawara presses her smiling clover pin, she acquires a uniform and a baton, and assumes her role in the Special Ground Defense Forces, protecting Japan from "cute little aliens." Mao is a typically klutzy "magical girl," and she gets needed reinforcement from Misora Tsukishima (air defense) and Sylvia Maruyama (sea defense). It's not clear how aliens who look like plush toys could harm Japan, or why only second-graders can fight them.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Why I Like Anime
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 11:47:24 pm »
Whoa. You spent a lot of time typing that. At least 5 mnutes.

.com person

Why I Like Anime
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 11:51:48 pm »
Well actually I didn't type it. It's from Amazon.com  :cool:  

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
Why I Like Anime
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2004, 12:02:45 am »
That's not a very good force to change anime haters' minds, but good for you... <<

.com person

Why I Like Anime
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2004, 12:34:19 am »
Thanks I guess  :original:  

Offline Squiddy

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Cybernations
Why I Like Anime
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2004, 12:33:45 pm »
I still hate anime..it didn't make any difference to me!

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Why I Like Anime
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2004, 01:42:15 pm »
I'll say it again...some anime shows are good. Others are just poopy

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Why I Like Anime
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2004, 01:43:21 pm »
i read and i still dont like it much. its just me though. if you like it then good for you

GodzSon

Why I Like Anime
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2004, 01:53:49 pm »
Yeah, I don't really like it..but when I'm watching Adult Swim and Inuyasha and the other show with the kid detective comes on..I watch 'em a little. I guess its just one of those things where its not for everyone..I don't hold it against you if you like it. When I was in school Dragonball Z was popular and kids got so serious about that show..just didn't understand it, still don't. I don't think what you just posted really says WHY you like it, it more just said what the show was about.  

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Why I Like Anime
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2004, 07:15:04 pm »
READ ANIME HATERS!!!!
If you actually read this then it'll be a bit better to understand you when you say you hate anime.

Inuyasha
Based on the manga by Rumiko Takahashi, the creator of Ranma 1/2 and Urusei Yatsura, the Inu-Yasha TV series (2000) has been eagerly awaited in the U.S. Kagome Higurashi, a normal 15-year-old girl, falls down a dry well--and finds herself in the feudal past, 50 years after her ancestress Kikyo imprisoned the half-human/half-demon Inu-Yasha. As the reincarnation of Kikyo, Kagome possesses a magic jewel that greatly increases the power of demons. (Inu-Yasha needs it to make himself all demon.) Kagome fetters Inu-Yasha with the help of her priestess-ancestor Kaede, and when the jewel is shattered Kagome and Inu-Yasha must ally to recapture the fragments. If a demon or evil human were to obtain a single shard, the consequences would be terrible.

Cardcaptor Sakura
Curiosity is a part of any 10-year-old's life, but Sakura just broke the seal on a magical book and released all of the mischievous spirits imprisoned on the cards inside! Kero, the Guardian of the Clow Cards is horrified to find all of the cards gone and tells Sakura she must become the Cardcaptor and retrieve the spirits before they work their mischief in the world... Contains episodes 1-4. ( Note: This series was so highly edited it's hard to believe but it happened) ( the american verison was highly edited even though it is hard to believe, countless scences were cut)

Sakura Wars
When klutzy swordswoman Sakura Shinguji arrives in Tokyo in the mid-1920s, she inadvertently alienates the other members of the Troupe. As she works to make amends, she learns that these young women fight in Koubus, special mecha that run on spiritual energy. They battle the Wakiji, mecha that wreak destruction whenever they appear.

Fancy Lala
Miho Shinohara is an ordinary third grader who dreams of becoming a famous cartoonist--until she meets a mysterious man from the future and two cute dinosaur-fairies, Pigu and Mogu. The fairies give Miho the magic to transform into a lovely 15-year-old version of herself: Fancy Lala. On her first outing in her new form, Miho fills in for an absent fashion model and becomes the darling of the agency. But she has to keep this glamorous new existence hidden from her family, her best friend Akiru, and Taro, the obnoxious boy next door; and she has to schedule her appearances around school and chores.

Hand Maid May
When a virus zaps his system, he inadvertently orders a Hyperdoll--a girl one-sixth normal size. May tries to perform a maid's duties despite her diminutive stature, and the inevitable mismatched attraction arises. When Kazuya can't pay the $1.45 million bill, May is repossessed by the Cyberdyne Corp. But a kindly robot offers to provide him with a replacement--free of charge. A full-sized version of May appears and they pick up where they left off. But Kazuya's kindness attracts other beautiful Hyperdolls. The predictable contretemps include the jealousy of Nanbara, Kazuya's self-proclaimed best friend and worst enemy. Things take a weird turn when Kazuya's and Nanbara's descendants arrive from the future and begin messing with the story line.

Angelic Layer
Twelve-year-old Misaka Suzuhara arrives in Tokyo from the country to attend middle school, and is immediately drawn to "Angelic Layer," a battle game played with animated dolls. Under the skewed tutelage of "Mr. Icchan," Misaka assembles her doll Hiraku, begins playing, and immediately wins. Although she never does any school work, Misaka befriends kindergartener Hatoko, her older brother Kotaro, and his rambunctious friend Tamayo. Not surprisingly, all their socializing revolves around the "Angelic Layer" game.

Azumanga Daioh
Based on a comic by Kiyohiko Azuma, Azumanga Daioh is the anime equivalent of a '50s girls' novel. Ten-year-old prodigy Chiyo and transfer student Osaka join the crowd at a Tokyo high school, adding to the comic misadventures. Their hard-drinking, potty-mouthed English teacher Yukari resents the popularity of the saner gym teacher Nyamo, even though they’re old friends and former classmates. Azumanga lacks any sort of sustained storyline or character development; it's just a series of incidents and encounters involving the kids and the two teachers. The only recurring male character is the leering Mr. Kimura, who teaches because he likes to ogle the students. Adolescent girls may enjoy sharing the featherweight daily problems of Tomo, Yomi, Sakaki, Kaorin, Chihiro, Chiyo, and Osaka, but Azumanga Daioh isn't really about anything.

.hack//sign
Based on a popular PlayStation2 game, the fantasy-adventure .hack//Sign is set in the world within an online game. Tsukasa, a powerful Wave Master, finds himself lost in the cyberworld, with little memory of how he got there. More significantly, he's unable to log out of the game and is apparently immune to many of its restrictions. He may be the focus of an impending crisis linked to the mysterious Key of the Twilight. As he wanders through different realms, Tsukasa meets spunky girl warrior Mimiru; earnest soldier Bear; the Crimson Knights, who maintain order in the game-world; and genially heroic Crim, a Heavy Spear wielder. Tsukasa also encounters a potent but unseen entity who promises to protect him--and does.

Voices of a distant star
Voices of a Distant Star is a personal film, made almost entirely by a single artist, Makoto Shinkai. Mikako and Noboru are separated at the beginning of high school in 2046. She's accepted into the training program for mecha pilots to fight the aliens who attacked human settlements on Mars. As she moves across the miles and, ultimately, light years, she sends messages that the forlorn Noboru patiently awaits. The animation is largely restricted to camera moves over still artwork and CG objects, but Shinkai is a skillful enough director to tell this melancholy sci-fi romance through the strong music and vocal tracks.

Mao chan
When 8-year-old Mao Onigawara presses her smiling clover pin, she acquires a uniform and a baton, and assumes her role in the Special Ground Defense Forces, protecting Japan from "cute little aliens." Mao is a typically klutzy "magical girl," and she gets needed reinforcement from Misora Tsukishima (air defense) and Sylvia Maruyama (sea defense). It's not clear how aliens who look like plush toys could harm Japan, or why only second-graders can fight them.
Have you ever heard of a show called "the blue1" Or, something? Its about humans that go into the future to save the world from its insect leaders...  

spongey675

Why I Like Anime
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2004, 05:50:42 am »
i watch yu-gi-oh sometimes and used to watch pokemon

Patrick_Star's_Girlfriend

Why I Like Anime
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2004, 08:12:10 am »
If you like anime, That's cool but you don't have to get all mad because no one on this board likes it.

Sakura Wars looks intresting.

.com person

Why I Like Anime
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2004, 12:20:58 pm »
Have you ever heard of a show called "the blue1" Or, something? Its about humans that go into the future to save the world from its insect leaders...

Ya I have, its called Blue Gender I'd be far warned about this one  :mellow:

I'm sorry I just wanted to say this one more time and then be done with it kind of thing.

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Why I Like Anime
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2004, 01:34:18 pm »
blue gender? are they smurfs? that would be smurfity

Offline Squiddy

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Cybernations
Why I Like Anime
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2004, 01:48:21 pm »