Author Topic: In God We Trust  (Read 15558 times)

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
In God We Trust
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2004, 06:29:45 pm »
Christians really are mainly the only ones that think that it shouldn't be removed. Before reading this thread, I had no idea that Under God was added in the 1950s. Therefore, I think it should be removed, because we really aren't a country based on Christianity. Sure, it was founded with mainly those beliefs, but it sure wasn't added when they wrote the pledge of allegiance. Really though, I wouldn't care either way, because I don't say the pledge of allegiance. So they can do whatever they want to it. If it makes the Christians happy, then I guess it's fine, although I don't think that it's necessarily just.

MiraclrPlz

In God We Trust
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2004, 07:28:04 pm »
Christians really are mainly the only ones that think that it shouldn't be removed. Before reading this thread, I had no idea that Under God was added in the 1950s. Therefore, I think it should be removed, because we really aren't a country based on Christianity. Sure, it was founded with mainly those beliefs, but it sure wasn't added when they wrote the pledge of allegiance. Really though, I wouldn't care either way, because I don't say the pledge of allegiance. So they can do whatever they want to it. If it makes the Christians happy, then I guess it's fine, although I don't think that it's necessarily just.
Yes it is necessary.  Liberals want to say the pledge of allegance excluding He who gave us this right?  Sickning.  Hannahbal, I was kinda suspecting you to say this.  Even though but I thought you were religious.  

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
In God We Trust
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2004, 07:31:26 pm »
Even though but I thought you were religious.
I'm not anymore.

Gideon Brown

In God We Trust
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2004, 07:32:23 pm »
MSP. Religion should not have anything to do with politics. It discriminates all other religions. Which is unfair. Which makes NO ONE equal.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
In God We Trust
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2004, 08:12:06 pm »
Only Christians believe that the world was build on christianity.  I believe it was built on greed and pride.

By the way, the Pledge was originally made without "under god" in it, which is why it sounds fine without it.  "Under God" was officially added in 1954 by Congress in order to  distance the US from the Soviet Union, which was officially an athiest country.  I do not consider it tradition to have "under god" in it, because the pledge was without that phrase for a longer time than it was with it.  Therefore, I believe it should be removed, buth because "Under god" is only a relic from cold war era fears, and because this nation is becoming increasingly athiest.
Yes and no. Yes about the pledge history. America was based on Christianity when it was founded. The first things children learned how to read back in the founding days was The Bible. Its written in history books. At the time it was a Christian nation. I'm not too sure about an athiest nation, but definitely an agnostic nation. At least 95% of Americans believe in some kind-of higher being or creator. Mabye not Jesus Christ, but something.

As for the pledge "under god". Some athiest loser made a big deal about it because he didnt want his kid reciting "under God" because he didnt believe in God. Doesnt that seem as silly as the idea of taking it out because we dont want to "offend" anyone? America is getting silly with all this junk. We accept all religions, but when we say "Christianity" the tune changes with people. Everythings ok until you mention "Christianity" or, "Chirst". No, I dont think it should be taken out because its just silly. We cant please everyone in America. It's there, deal with it. Peopl need to learn how to pick their battles, this isnt one of them.

MiraclrPlz

In God We Trust
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2004, 06:18:38 am »
MSP. Religion should not have anything to do with politics. It discriminates all other religions. Which is unfair. Which makes NO ONE equal.
How does it discriminate it doesn't say what God but peoplel ike me know who they mean.

Gideon Brown

In God We Trust
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2004, 06:58:32 am »
How does it discriminate?
Well, first off, people who act like "Well it's this God and ths God only" are part of the problem, MSP. It gets other people angry. Also, in some religions, God is not called God, but another name. Or many names, with one overall name. There are so many religions in the world, that Under God can not have every religion falling under it.