Poll

Should America allow Gay marrige

Yes
6 (42.9%)
No(And if not say why besides "It's not right" etc)
6 (42.9%)
Mixed Feelings
0 (0%)
I'm not American but I think they should
2 (14.3%)
I'm not American but I think shouldn't
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Gay Marriage  (Read 7397 times)

Patrick_Star's_Girlfriend

Gay Marriage
« on: October 06, 2004, 07:07:51 pm »
Well, Most of you know my opinon but today I thought of a new reason that Gay Mariage shoudn't. For those who think that Gay Marriage should end because you're thinking America should only allow chistianity. According to the bible, It says " Gay marriage isn't right". And I thought America allowed all Religons. I guess I was wrong.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
Gay Marriage
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 08:06:11 pm »
There's nothing wrong with gay marriage in the real thought. MSP is gonna make up with a reason according to religion if he posts in here. And guess what? He doesn't want to admit, or just realize the fact that he's basically piling against an amendment that he uses alot and that if the FREEDOM OF WORSHIP. I have mentioned that fact many times before. And the other people that are against it for other than biblical reasons is that they can't reproduce, they're annoying, the lifestyle doesn't change if they get married, or generally a moronic excuse. Well, YOU ARE YOU and they are them. If gay marriage is banned anyways, the only thing that will change is that they can't get a marriage license. Nothing else.

Gideon Brown

Gay Marriage
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 08:34:20 pm »
with the, they shouldnt get married because they cant have kids, it's a faulty argument. What about sterile people? For instance, any male with Cystic Fibrosis can NOT have children. He's sterile...can never had kids even if he tried. So does that mean he can't marry? Or, a couple marries and they DON'T want children. Now...let me guess....they can't marry either....

GodzSon

Gay Marriage
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 02:16:26 pm »
I see nothing wrong with it. We are all suppose to be treated equaly, we can't discriminate against race, sex, creed, ect.  For some reason people are forgetting that Church and State are suppose to be seperate, so whatever the president believes in religion isn't suppose to interfere with the peoples rights. Even the Vice President thinks gay marrige is ok, cause his daughter is lesbian..but he said hes going to go along with what Bush says..I'm not going to cuss here..but I will say, sounds like hes just being a female dog  :tongue: . Yeah, but I say Yes to it.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Gay Marriage
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2004, 05:49:44 pm »
I think they should be able to marry. I would list reasons why, but it seems as if the people who posted above me have already given them.

MiraclrPlz

Gay Marriage
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2004, 07:51:54 pm »
Don't go quoting the founding fathers.  Their opinion was that all white men were created equal.  They were racist and supported slavery.  So you can only imagine what they must have thought about this.  Marriage is between a man and a woman. THEY are supposed to be togehter.  Don't blaspheme God.  This has nothing really to do with God, but the founding fathers were racist fools, so don't go quoting them.  I vote NO.

Gideon Brown

Gay Marriage
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2004, 08:18:39 pm »
This isnt religious....this is political..
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 08:19:11 pm by Charliez Fallen Angel »

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Gay Marriage
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2004, 08:19:51 pm »
No, I don't think it should be allowed. As a firm believer in the Bible I just can't go against it and say Gays should be allowed to marry. Besides this I have no reasons, I just cant go against the good book :)

ESP

Gay Marriage
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2004, 03:03:08 am »
So who would take who's last name, and a little expansion of that brings us to...

A Marriage:(not an all inclusive breakdown)

I. In the eyes of the couple, a union in front of their friends and family to declare their devotion and love for each other.
..A. Gay couples - same
..B. Straight couples - same
II. In the eyes of the state, an agreement of unity to legally bind two people such to maintain a measurable geneology.
..A. Gay couples will produce no measurable geneology
....1. Don't need to be recognized by the state, No future dependancy or inheritance to be determined.
....2. Should only require the recognition of friends and family.
..B. Straight couples more regularly propogate their geneology.
....1. Need to be recognized by the state for inheritance and dependancy reasons.
....2. Requires more than the recognition of friends and family.

conclusion: The government doesn't need to be involved in a gay marriage ceremony. They want to be married, then dress somebody up and have your own wedding at the park it doesn't have to be recognized by anybody but the two marryees.

and to the:
with the, they shouldnt get married because they cant have kids, it's a faulty argument. What about sterile people? For instance, any male with Cystic Fibrosis can NOT have children. He's sterile...can never had kids even if he tried. So does that mean he can't marry? Or, a couple marries and they DON'T want children. Now...let me guess....they can't marry either....

They may need that ceremony in front of family and friends, but there is no reason to involve the state and besides that if I were sterile for some reason, I would have a hard time subjecting anyone else to a lifetime devotion to my doomed fate. In time any person who does not want kids might find out that they do, and to never be able to provide the one thing that the person I love with all my heart wants the most would be devestating. It would be selfish to endure that upon someone, one of those if you love them you'll let them go kind of things.

if this doesn't make sense, which I have a sneaking suspicion that it won't, please forgive me it's very late!

MiraclrPlz

Gay Marriage
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2004, 05:56:00 am »
It is just as politically wrong as religiously wrong.  This can not happen.  The Liberals are trying to destroy my country!

Gideon Brown

Gay Marriage
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2004, 10:46:49 am »
MSP. Don't call it YOUR country. It's like Canada is MY country. Riiiiight. It's the people's country. Not the PERSON's country.

And also, some people don't know their sterile. *shrugs* then they get married and can't have kids. So....that marriage is futile. Because even if they adopt, they still can't procreate. Which is not what God wants...he wants us to reproduce...that's what marriage is for. A single parent can adopt a child and still take care of it. So right.  

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Gay Marriage
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2004, 10:49:11 am »
Don't go quoting the founding fathers.  Their opinion was that all white men were created equal.  They were racist and supported slavery.  So you can only imagine what they must have thought about this.  Marriage is between a man and a woman. THEY are supposed to be togehter.  Don't blaspheme God.  This has nothing really to do with God, but the founding fathers were racist fools, so don't go quoting them.  I vote NO.
100% Agreed.

Offline Squiddy

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Cybernations
Gay Marriage
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2004, 06:18:45 am »
I just agree with anybody who says that there is nothing wrong with it.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Gay Marriage
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2004, 06:21:46 am »
Yeah, I really don't care if someones gay or not. MSP, everyone is created equally. Or are just some people more equal than others?