Author Topic: The College Basketball Topic  (Read 1510 times)

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

The College Basketball Topic
« on: October 16, 2004, 08:41:52 am »
College Basketball kicked off early this morning with Midnight Madness so it's time to start talking College Basketball :D

If you haven't already figured it out, im a big Kentucky fan :) They should do very well this year because they had the best recruiting class over the summer - picking up 3 McDonalds All-Americans, including one, Randolph Morris, who was projected to go late in the first round of the NBA draft if he had entered. Kentucky should be really deep this year, even though 3 newcomers are expected to start (Freshmen Randolph Morris and Joe Crawford, and transfer Patrick Sparks). Should be exciting :)

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 02:18:33 pm »
kentucky is all right but i am a bigger duke fan. being right next to nc i follow more with their basketball

Kenny Blankenship

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2004, 03:21:47 pm »
It's still a bit early for me to be thinking college basketball, as the World Series hasn't wrapped up yet, and I'm still pretty involved with football right now.  Plus, I don't think the rankings have even come out yet.  But maybe with a few more doses of Dickie V (I strangely like the guy), I'll be in the college hoops frame of mind.  Should be a good year, too.  More players opted to stay in school rather than enter the draft than usual.

Too bad the Gophers will suck this year.  Ever since the Jan Ganglehoff scandal in 99, the mens team has been perennial underachievers.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 03:28:35 pm »
My picks for the final four:

Duke
Kansas
Connecticut
Pittsburgh

Spongey34