Author Topic: Bush Haters.. I Have The Solution!  (Read 37407 times)

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Bush Haters.. I Have The Solution!
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2004, 05:48:31 am »
Religion has a lot to do with politics.
That's what is wrong more than anything. The fact that people are going to have to live with laws just because some stupid religion thinks they're better than everyone and has to force their believes down peoples throats.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 05:48:44 am by IZ »

Patrick

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2004, 05:59:04 am »
I don't do Christmas.  This year, I'm celebrating Festivus.  It's a completely non-denominational, non-commercial holiday.  And, it's from Seinfeld.  :biggrin:
 :O You're going to do the feats of strength and stuff? You're my hero...

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2004, 08:13:25 am »
That's what is wrong more than anything. The fact that people are going to have to live with laws just because some stupid religion thinks they're better than everyone and has to force their believes down peoples throats.
That's what happened in many countries in the mid east. They're laws are completely controlled be relgion.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

BiggerSquarierSpongier

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2004, 08:14:16 am »
I mean that whether a person is Democratic, Republican, or other usually depends on their religion.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2004, 08:22:18 am »
*sigh* If abortion is made illegal, instead of going to a clinic where the child is aborted in a sanitary area done by professionals, women will try to do their own homemade abortions. Some of those can kill the woman as well.
Maybe so, but more women have died via bleeding to death due to legal abortions than ever died from illegal ones. A woman can die no matter how they are performed.

I think there needs to be a lot more responsibility among people. If you do not want a kid don't have sex. There is a consequence for your actions. I am not saying babies are a punishment but people need to take into consideration that if they have sex they might become pregnant. It's that simple. If people would be more responsible then there would be a whole heck of a lot less abortions.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 08:22:45 am by Elizabeth Rose »

BiggerSquarierSpongier

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2004, 08:29:25 am »
Yah, that's what I was trying to say. (The bottom part)

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2004, 08:36:32 am »
Leave religion out of politics.
You can't. They go hand in hand; like icing on a cake, or peanut butter and jelly. They are one thing, that, without them being together, the USA would fall; like all the other goverments that removed religion from politics.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2004, 08:38:06 am »
You can't. They go hand in hand; like icing on a cake, or peanut butter and jelly. They are one thing, that, without them being together, the USA would fall; like all the other goverments that removed religion from politics.
I don't believe in God, so why should I have to follow laws that are there because some idiot people decided everyone should follow the same religion.

Starr2k3

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2004, 08:38:38 am »
No, the government NEEDS to get rid of religon. Let's say I am not Christan, and I am gay. Now it's ban because of Christan. And I AM NOT CHRISTAN.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2004, 08:47:39 am »
That doesn't matter. Something is either right, or it is wrong. There is no such thing as "different morals for different people". By that logic I should be able to rape my neighbor because my religion, views, whatever you want to call it, see nothing wrong with doing so. I should be able to steal from the bank because I do not see that as wrong.  
« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 08:50:29 am by Elizabeth Rose »

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2004, 08:56:19 am »
Exactly if common sense dictated laws gay marriage would be legal, so would abortion, and drinking age would be lower.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2004, 08:58:16 am »
I am a Christian Democrat. I believe that men should never even speak about abortion. It ONLY rests on a woman's concience what she does to her body and what is in it. Make it so that women can only vote on the topic. I know men have a *hand* in the creation of a child, but the woman is the one who does the rest.

SRY GOES A BIT OFF TOPIC FROM HERE ON

Laws are naturally based off of the Bible. People in the US think that not removing the 10 Commandments from a federal building denies their right to a free religion. This is somewhat true, but just like Grove City College (hopefully where i'll be going), they accept all religions but was originally based off of a Christian standpoint. When the 10 Commandments were removed, the college removed all acceptance of their federal aid.

Read their mission statement: (sry for a few typos)

Taken from http://www.gcc.edu

Since its founding in 1876, Grove City College, committed to Christian principles,has striven to be equal in academic quality to the finest four year colleges. It seeks to provide liberal and professional education of the highest quality that is within the reach of families with modest means who desire a college that will strengthen their children's spiritual and moral character.

When the College was chartered, a broad, Christian-based cultural consensus prevailed in America. By charter, the doors of the College were open to qualified students "without regard to religious test or belief." The founders of Grove City College, consciously avoiding narrow sectarianism, held a vision of Christian society transcending denomination, creeds, and confessions. They were committed to the advancement of free enterprise, civil and religious liberty, representative government, arts and letters, and science and technology. Believing that the fruits of civilization would be destroyed if religious and ethical roots were allowed to wither, the founders intended that the claims of Christ as God and Savior and of inspired Scripture be presented to all. They hoped that through its program of intellectual, moral, and spiritual education, Grove City College would produce young leaders, whatever their creed or confession, capable of pushing civilization forward on every frontier.

Grove City College remains true to the vision of its founders. Rejecting relativism and secularism, it fosters intellectual, moral, spiritual, and social development consistent with a commitment to Christian truth, morals, and freedom. Rather than political, ideological, or philosophical agendas, objective truth continues as the goal of liberal learning. The core of the curriculum, particularly in the humanities, consists of books, thinkers, and ideas proven across the ages to be of value in the quest for knowledge. Intellectual inquiry remains open to the questions religion raises and affirms the answers Christianity offers. The ethical absolutes of the Ten Commandments and Christ's moral teachings guide the effort to develop intellect and character in the classroom, chapel, and cocurricular activities. And while many points of view are examined, the College unapologetically advocates preservation of America's religious, political, and economic heritage of individual freedom and responsibility.

Religion does not go hand-in-hand like icing on a cake, but more like a cake and some ice cream: one makes the other more complete.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 08:59:27 am by +_VulturEMaN_ »

BiggerSquarierSpongier

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2004, 09:01:16 am »
I don't believe in God, so why should I have to follow laws that are there because some idiot people decided everyone should follow the same religion.
You don't believe in God?! God is 100% real and if you don't follow him there will one day be great consequences.

No, the government NEEDS to get rid of religon. Let's say I am not Christan, and I am gay. Now it's ban because of Christan. And I AM NOT CHRISTAN. 

You're crazy, the government can't get rid of religion and if it could it shouldn't.

I am a Christian Democrat. I believe that men should never even speak about abortion. It ONLY rests on a woman's concience what she does to her body and what is in it. Make it so that women can only vote on the topic. I know men have a *hand* in the creation of a child, but the woman is the one who does the rest.

It's wrong no matter which way you look at it. My brother said someone from his class said something like, "Why should it be illegal to kill eagles and not babies?" And they're exactly right. I mean, it's even illegal to destroy money. Money, which the Bible says is the root of all evil, is not allowed to be destroyed. But unborn babies, who haven't done anything wrong and are much more valuable than money, are allowed to be killed by the choice of their mother.
I don't think so.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 09:06:30 am by BiggerSquarierSpongier »

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2004, 09:27:17 am »
You don't believe in God?! God is 100% real and if you don't follow him there will one day be great consequences.

Give me scientific proof.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2004, 09:37:09 am »
I read that a blind man saw again once, and that he said that he saw again because of god.