Author Topic: Console Wars  (Read 236791 times)

Offline DoomBringer316

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://Meh, Removed.
Console Wars
« on: June 30, 2003, 09:35:11 pm »
Now, I know this hasn't really happened yet, but usually on a general game board it can happen. The inevitable Console Wars. Fanboys will claim that one system is superior to another, and then a fanboy of a different console disagrees, and what usually ensues is a flame war. I don't have a problem about you guys just arguing over which one you think is better as long as flames don't start flying. If you do want to argue about consoles, please do it in a nicer, friendlier way. With this in mind, we can make the board a HAPPY PLACE! Yay.

Offline falco

• Honorable
  • Gary
    • View Profile
    • http://
Console Wars
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 09:42:15 pm »
OK imagine this...i use to be the biggest fanboy fer nintendo...cmonkey knows fo sho...i use to love my little buddy i called gamcube...well...christmas...XBOX...how the tides have changed.  i dont really wanna name a favorite...but im gonna hafta go with my xbox.  I really have become disapointed with my cube now, it just doesnt have the title power...like i got zelda...ok...now what haha...but i think more that im not a fanboy at all any more...its all gravy...yep thats right gravy
-falco (liberated fanboy) :tongue:  
...the best time to wear a striped sweater...
is alll the tiiiime...

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Console Wars
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2003, 09:56:30 pm »
True Dat, Falco!  I'm waiting until someone posts something that angers me to start yelling. :wink:
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Patrick

Console Wars
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2003, 07:54:38 am »
some reasins gamecube is better than all the rest
(dont worry, theres an exbox section to)

More Comfortable controller

BASICALLY PORTABLE

games with awsome characters! (mario, donkey kong, samus etc.)

Cheaper (sure it doens't include a dvd player, but my family got one FREE from this contest!)

Better 2003(q4)-2004 launch lineup

Extra features including gameboy cables!

gameboy player

Recieve a FREE game and FREE demo disc when bought

Cordless controller!

Some reasons x-box is better than all the rest:

built in hard drive

halo

good graphics (not that gamecube doens't have them)

FINALLY a smaller controler

x-box live

dvd player

music player

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Console Wars
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2003, 08:41:16 am »
Reasons that Patrick is wrong.

1.  Its not portable, because you still have to plaug it into a wall.  Any of the consoles can be unplugged and relocated easily, so GameCube doesn't have anything special there.
2.  Every system has it's awesome characters.  PS2 has Solid Snake, Xbox has Master Chief.
3.  Gamecube costs $150, Xbox and PS2 cost $180.  The added hard drive and built in networking are worth the extra $30 for an Xbox.
4.  GameCube barely even has a lineup for 2003-2004.  Now that Zelda and Metroid are out, theres basically nothing left.  Xbox on hte other hand, has Halo 2, Fable, Splinter Cell 2, Half Life 2, Counter-Strike, etc.
5.  Why would anyone want to play Gameboy on thier TV.  The idea of it is portability.  There are much better games to be played on consoles instead if your at a TV.
6.  The free game and demo disc deals were during the last holiday season.  They aren't around anymore.
7.  The cordless controller part is true.  I'm still wating for Microsoft to make one.

Compbrain

Console Wars
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2003, 08:51:11 am »
I'm just anti-microsoft. My only reason for getting an X-Box would be doing something i'm not supposed to with it.. :mf_type:
~Compbrain
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 06:13:45 pm by Red Hat »

Patrick

Console Wars
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2003, 08:52:49 am »
oh, Cmonkey, u r wrong about some parts and I, am wrong about some parts.

a) Actually, it's small, so if ur bringing it over to a friends house if ur walking or biking or something, just store it in a backpack.

b)there is a metal gear solid game for gamecubr coming out thats called metal gear solid:twin snakes

c)u were right, but if u save it on the hard drive, it slows the load times, and gamecube still has the fastest load times, actually, it doesn't have one

d) U r wrong, first of all, gamecube has splinter cell, with extra features 2)Gamecube has an awesome lineup: Final fantasy:crystal chronicles, F-zero, Kirbys air ride, Mario kart:Double dash, mario golf:toadstoal tour, viewtiful joe, metal gear solid:the twin snakes, Wario world, bily hatcher and the giant egg, soul caliber 2, metroid prime 2 (tentative title), wario world, Sonic adventure dx, Phantasy star online episode 3, pikmin 2, animal crossing 2 and way, way more!

e)Gameboy player has the same features as gba sp, IT"S WAY BRIGHTER, bigger, and better

f)it is going on for a while on now because a friend of mine bought a gamecube a couple days ago and they got a free game

Shall i say more? :closedeyes:

Patrick

Offline falco

• Honorable
  • Gary
    • View Profile
Console Wars
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2003, 09:01:49 am »
kids kids...patrick...w/e u do...dont mess with cmonkey...lol...hes a ticking time bomb...well maybe not, but he knows all about xbox...u dont got nutin on him haha
i tried...i could never win against him

:bangin:

oh and all those games ur talking  bout coming out fer gamecube...definately are not coming out for quite a few months...its kinda disappointing...i havent played my cube at all since i beat zelda...cuz they're just arent nuff games
« Last Edit: July 01, 2003, 09:06:14 am by falco »
is alll the tiiiime...

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Console Wars
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2003, 09:09:00 am »
1.  I've brought my xbox over to friend's houses dozens of times.  I can easily fit an Xbox, 4 controllers, and all my games in one small backpack.
2.  There's also a Metal Gear Solid game for Xbox, MGS2: Substance.
3.  I don't know where you thought up this one, but its insanely wrong.  A hard drive speeds up load times by far.  Have you ever played Halo?  It loads the entire level onto the hard drive at the beginning.  You can then play through a huge 2 hour long level without having to load again.  It's only possible on Xbox... and PC.  Last time I checked, Gamecube load times were slower, because the optical disks are slower than DVDs.
4.  Every Title you mentioned there is either on Xbox or is not even close to as good as the games that I mentioned.
5.  The idea of SP is portability, not being "bigger"  In fact, it is smaller because of the clamshell design.
6.  It must have been a special at that store then, because the official Nintendo offer ended a few months ago.
Go ahead and say more, Falco is right, it's useless.

Patrick

Console Wars
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2003, 09:32:05 am »
ok, i just have to say, that,first, u said that solid snake was a "special character", thats y i said, and i forgot about the otherstarfox game that's coming, well, i have to go, i might no be here fo the rest of the day. Look in the june issue of nintendo power fo more stuff. bout gamecube

Offline falco

• Honorable
  • Gary
    • View Profile
Console Wars
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2003, 09:43:40 am »
its no lie...gamecube does have a pretty descent looking lineup...as do all of the systems...how bout i ask you this patrick...WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING NOW?...take it uve beaten zelda...(and u should have...it was way ez)...im betting you probably arent playing anything new...sure its cool to dust off super smash bros...but still...cube just doenst have anything NOW...i really dont care if all these great games are coming out in 6 months...what about NOW
is alll the tiiiime...

Patrick

Console Wars
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2003, 09:58:02 am »
Well, lets see, Zelda IS really easy. But Skies of arcadia legends, GREAT GAME very long. Also Nba street 2 is very good as well. Also, my main goal is to get 100%in metroid prime (very difficult). And Cmonkey, what ru playing now?
Im also playing my gba, very good system!

blink

Console Wars
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2003, 01:13:45 pm »
I'm still playing Super NES...is that bad? :sad:
I play playstation2 every once in awhile. :blushing:

~blink~

Patrick

Console Wars
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2003, 02:53:34 pm »
Super-nes is NOT bad, it's awsome, it's the best system EVER. What games do u have?

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Console Wars
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2003, 03:32:25 pm »
Patrick, right now I'm playing Halo and Morrowind.  I've also been playing a lot of PC stuff lately.