Author Topic: Console Wars  (Read 236800 times)

Offline SpongeBrain

• SpongeBob
  • YEEAHHHHHHH
    • View Profile
Console Wars
« Reply #540 on: May 28, 2006, 06:06:35 am »
I have both a PSP and a DS. I can't decide what's better between the 2. The PSP is expensive for a handheld but it's worth it so I'm probably leaning towards PSP.
[snapback]288912[/snapback]
PSP: x100000 the features. Like movies, internet, USB plugin(So you can put stuff onto the PSP like games, applications, hacks, and roms), music, etc.

DS: Good games.
All Time

Weekly

Wormy Lives#33;

Re: Console Wars
« Reply #541 on: June 28, 2006, 11:00:09 am »
Actually, now DS is what's more popular. PSP is seriously getting old for a lot of people, while DS is just getting good. In fact, I only know one guy (in person) who has a PSP, while literally all of my friends except for one or two have a DS.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 08, 2006, 01:52:13 pm »
^^Agrees with Wormy

bub1028

« Reply #543 on: July 13, 2006, 08:04:58 am »
DS is getting more popular partly because of the new DS Lite.  If the PSP came out with a second version or something its popularity would shoot up again.  And I mean another handheld, not like the PS3.

spongey snail

« Reply #544 on: July 13, 2006, 07:59:43 pm »
I have a Ds(regular) and a psp. And as much as I like them both I end up playing the psp more.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 04, 2006, 09:56:26 pm »
DS is getting more popular partly because of the new DS Lite.  If the PSP came out with a second version or something its popularity would shoot up again.  And I mean another handheld, not like the PS3.
Nintendo knows how to milk handhelds. They make a version that's slightly different and they sell it like it's all know. Hence Gameboy Advanced, Gameboy (Advanced) SP, Gameboy (Advanced) SP Light. By the time Nintendo's done with DS they'll be "DS Light", "Super DS", "DS Special Edition", and so on.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #546 on: August 05, 2006, 04:12:30 pm »
Nintendo knows how to milk handhelds. They make a version that's slightly different and they sell it like it's all know. Hence Gameboy Advanced, Gameboy (Advanced) SP, Gameboy (Advanced) SP Light. By the time Nintendo's done with DS they'll be "DS Light", "Super DS", "DS Special Edition", and so on.
there's only 2 GameBoy Advances.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 05, 2006, 04:21:29 pm »
there's only 2 GameBoy Advances.
The GameBoy Micro was a Gameboy Advanced.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 05, 2006, 07:32:39 pm »
I have a DS. I believe they're developing Opera Web Browser for the DS, I have no idea how it would work though.

UltraSpongeyDude

« Reply #549 on: August 06, 2006, 09:04:50 am »
They are developing an Opera Web Browser. In fact, I think that you can already get it in Japan. But im not gonna get it. You cant play games, or watch video on it. Well, actually, you might be able to play some games on it, but you cant get flash for it, so you wouldnt be able to play a lot. Also, playing games on it would be kind of irritating without a mouse.

Also, does anyone know if Cooking Mama is coming out for DS, or will I have to import it? Oh, and DS is definately better then PSP. It costs less, and it has a lot of good games. The PSP only has a handful of good games. But, it does have a ton of special features.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 06, 2006, 09:38:21 am »
3 things:

1. If they're gonna make a browser for the DS, then there will SURE AS HECK be a modded file to allow Flash games. I think it's powerful enough to run em.
2. AppleNick...I love your avatar :D
3. UltraSpongeyDude, I fixed your sig...i guess it went over the old sig limit of 300, but now it's up to 500, so I just fixed it so that the zelda userbar displayed.

Offline Ealcon

• Sandy
  • Ealcon Return To Flight NASA
    • View Profile
    • Don't Click Here
« Reply #551 on: September 24, 2006, 01:12:03 pm »
I'm happy with almost anything, but PSPs are my enemies.I got my first game console when I was 7, my Gameboy Advance, and it has always been my favourite one, and always will be!I now have a DS and a PS2.(DSs are not as good as they look.)
"Do you mock me?"

carterhawk

« Reply #552 on: October 12, 2006, 06:06:42 pm »
I started with an NES and then a gameboy, the old school original game boy! not this fancy smancy color tech wizardry you kids have today!

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #553 on: October 31, 2006, 11:56:53 am »
I started with an NES and then a gameboy, the old school original game boy! not this fancy smancy color tech wizardry you kids have today!

God, I remember my friends having those in the late 90's. I always wanted one, eventually I finally bought a GBA (3 years ago...)

Wilytank

« Reply #554 on: November 10, 2006, 08:55:37 am »
1st place: PS2
2nd place: Gamecube
Last place: Xbox