Author Topic: Weried Email  (Read 6157 times)

.com person

Weried Email
« on: November 21, 2004, 05:11:37 pm »
:blink: Maybe I shouldn't post this but here goes.

This person send me this email. And they explain a little about there family. How her father was posioned to death. Then before the death of her father he called her secretly to his bedside. used her name to deposite the money. He was posioned by this wealth by business associates. They said Sir I'd honor if you could assit me in ways: To serve as a guardian in this fund since I'm only 22 and to make an arrangement to come to your country. Please do not hesitate to contact me with my email address for further details.

PROBOLEM:

How the heck did she get my email address?
Who is she?
This has to be more then spam?
I'm only 13 so helping a 22 year old with money is out of the question.

super_sayian_spongebob

Weried Email
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 05:17:52 pm »
Don't listen to them. I know these kinds of tricks, they could be trojan horses or viruses or spyware.  

.com person

Weried Email
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2004, 05:19:32 pm »
Don't listen to them. I know these kinds of tricks, they could be trojan horses or viruses or spyware.
Ya, I guess your right. People can be soooooo stupid  :happy: + blocked her email address  
« Last Edit: November 21, 2004, 05:19:50 pm by .com person »

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Weried Email
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2004, 05:21:21 pm »
That sounds like bull. Its problably spam or, a money scheme. Ignore it and move on. Even though it sounds like a sad situation it could be a scam. Look at the email sender and see if it was a forward. If so, then you're not the only one this person has hit up for money. Unless you know who its from. It IS out of the question. Dont go giving your money to some stranger who lives somewhere you dont know. Good choice. You're being smart about it.

I'm not trying to be mean but, its spelled Weird.  

.com person

Weried Email
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2004, 05:42:18 pm »
That sounds like bull. Its problably spam or, a money scheme. Ignore it and move on. Even though it sounds like a sad situation it could be a scam. Look at the email sender and see if it was a forward. If so, then you're not the only one this person has hit up for money. Unless you know who its from. It IS out of the question. Dont go giving your money to some stranger who lives somewhere you dont know. Good choice. You're being smart about it.

I'm not trying to be mean but, its spelled Weird.
It said to ( insert her email address) from ( insert her email address) and it didn't say forward.

Sorry about the W word being spelled wrong * sweetdrop*  

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Weried Email
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2004, 05:50:50 pm »
It's a Phishing scam.  Those are relatively new, and they are far more complex than average spam.  They give insane scenarios in order to attempt to get personal information or money out of you.  I get around 2-3 a day.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2004, 05:51:07 pm by cmonkey »
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Rabble

Weried Email
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2004, 07:39:16 pm »

This person send me this email. And they explain a little about there family. How her father was posioned to death. Then before the death of her father he called her secretly to his bedside. used her name to deposite the money. He was posioned by this wealth by business associates. They said Sir I'd honor if you could assit me in ways: To serve as a guardian in this fund since I'm only 22 and to make an arrangement to come to your country. Please do not hesitate to contact me with my email address for further details.

PROBOLEM:

Who is she?
Everything that guy say was Crap, Freakin hobo.

Ethier They want money or giving virus.

foulpattie

Weried Email
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2004, 08:04:31 pm »
weoah that's kinda creepy e-mail there.  I don't think i've ever gotten a Phishing scam message before.    

.com person

Weried Email
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2004, 08:27:11 pm »
weoah that's kinda creepy e-mail there.  I don't think i've ever gotten a Phishing scam message before.
I think this is me's first time getting that kind of email to. She said she also got my email somehow and choose me out of all the others. Anyways it was stupid.  

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
Weried Email
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2004, 08:37:40 pm »
Thats a pretty strange email. They probably mass emailed it to hundreds of people. I read somewhere that if you reply to it, it tells them that you have an active email account. They'll in turn, continue to spam you. So I wouldn't advise replying.  

Rabble

Weried Email
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2004, 08:53:55 pm »
Uhg this topic is making me wanna check my email .

.com person

Weried Email
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2004, 09:03:37 pm »
Thats a pretty strange email. They probably mass emailed it to hundreds of people. I read somewhere that if you reply to it, it tells them that you have an active email account. They'll in turn, continue to spam you. So I wouldn't advise replying.
I'm not gonna I even blocked the email address  

Rabble

Weried Email
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2004, 10:21:20 pm »
How do you block email again? I'm blocking every junk mail i get I get 40 junk mail a day....  

.com person

Weried Email
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2004, 10:58:47 pm »
How do you block email again? I'm blocking every junk mail i get I get 40 junk mail a day....
For me you go to email options, then click email block list then enter in the name and click enter but my email is yahoo so ya.

Theres pratically an A-Z list on my block email address list.... is crazy... I get about way less then 10 I think a day though know but then theres bulk email... <.< ... better get to deleteing... soon

Offline Squiddy

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Cybernations
Weried Email
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2004, 12:54:17 pm »

PROBOLEM:

Who is she?
I get these all the time, like from this e-mail address that keeps sending me an e-mail that says.

I luv you.

super_sayian_spongebob

Weried Email
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2004, 02:30:17 pm »
I never get these e-mails. Yahoo! Mail inspects e-mails.