Author Topic: Where Did God Come From?  (Read 50918 times)

Fifth Dynasty

Where Did God Come From?
« on: December 17, 2004, 01:42:28 pm »
Okay, let me start off by saying that I am indeed a Christian. I may not go to Church, but I'm INDEED a Christian. I just don't go by everythine the Bible says. Now moving onto the question:

Where exactly did our God come from? I've had this question for years and now I feel is the time I should post this. It's quite odd if you think about it. The first lifeforms were 'Adam and Eve' (If that's true...:angry:)...but where the  H E C K  did God come from...I ask many people this, and the really Christian people say, 'Ryan, you just have to believe'. The not-so-religious-but-still-are-people say, 'I dunno...good question...'. The barely even religious people say, 'I doubt there even is a God...is there proof (or something around those lines)'.

I don't know who to believe anymore...

I wanna hear what you people have to say about this.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 02:04:27 pm by Starr2k3 »

Megan

Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 01:57:05 pm »
I think that christians got the idea of 'God' from someone who looked highly upon someone and made him seem better than he really was. Then that man had a child with Mary and they thought his child was better too.

Starr2k3

Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 02:06:03 pm »
I can't wait to see MSP's post.

*Grabs popcorn, and sits back*

Fifth Dynasty

Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 02:15:31 pm »
Same thing here Mills, I was thinking the same thing. This is gonna be good.

Starr2k3

Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 02:17:46 pm »
Well I know he will come up with some nonsense...

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 02:36:23 pm »
Although I am an atheist, I enjoy the opposite of this question.  If there is no God, then how did life first originate?  If I knew the answer, I certainly would not be sitting at my computer typing this :p
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2004, 03:00:38 pm »
Christians, like myself, believe that God has no beginning and no end. He is beyond our understanding.

Cmonkey brings up a good point though; if you believe God didn't create everything, how did this world come to be? What created everything if God didn't?

Note to MSP, don't make a fool of yourself and start yelling at everything you don't agree with. If you do reply, make a decent point.
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2004, 03:09:28 pm »
Christians, like myself, believe that God has no beginning and no end. He is beyond our understanding.

Cmonkey brings up a good point though; if you believe God didn't create everything, how did this world come to be? What created everything if God didn't?

Note to MSP, don't make a fool of yourself and start yelling at everything you don't agree with. If you do reply, make a decent point.
[snapback]137431[/snapback]

Good post MEEP!  :biggrin:

Megan

Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2004, 03:14:00 pm »
Yeah, MEEP!, I wonder that also. I have absolutely how anything came to be. There's the Big Bang theory, but where is the stuff that the big bang was created from? It's all a mystery to me and it really irks me.

jojobird

Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2004, 03:15:45 pm »
[snapback]137431[/snapback]

That is what I believe too. But still, where exactly did God come from? That is a question I think no one can answer.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2004, 08:14:16 pm »
And theres certain things about God we dont need to know. We'll never be able to explain God. Not even the most "spiritual" person in the world. God was never "born" and he will never "die". It says so in the Bible. There are things we dont know and dont understand. Whwn Jesus lived he spoke in parables because we couldnt understand any other way....

Jojobird has a point. No one can answer that.

Dragon Of Grief

Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2004, 08:47:47 pm »
God always has been. God is eternal. He has no beggining or end.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2004, 09:25:05 pm »
There's the Big Bang theory, but where is the stuff that the big bang was created from?
[snapback]137440[/snapback]
I've always thought that God created the earth by causing the big big theory to occur. Scientists have admitted to not knowing the greater force that casued it

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2004, 10:05:53 pm »
Gods always been there...dont know how...but He has

MiraclrPlz

Where Did God Come From?
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2004, 10:08:15 pm »
Here is my reply, and decent point.  According to the Bible, God always was, always is, and always will be.  There is no way to explain this.  The human mind can never understand.  But we believe this because of faith.  Faith is believing something when commonsence tells you not to.