Do you believe in God?

yes
24 (70.6%)
no
7 (20.6%)
i'm not sure
3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Do You believe In God?  (Read 60000 times)

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Do You believe In God?
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2005, 07:29:12 pm »
I believe in god.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Do You believe In God?
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2005, 08:11:48 pm »
And if you read the bible at all there was a story about a poor begger and a wealthy man. The poor begger went to heaven when he died!
That, and Shephards, who were on the bottom of the social and economic class, were often made into prophets or chosen in the Bible by God to bring messages to people

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Do You believe In God?
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2005, 09:14:03 pm »
Well, in my opinion, Homer wrote the Odessey and the Iliad as interesting books of historical fiction.  I don't think he intended for people to believe in cyclopses and hydras.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 09:14:16 pm by cmonkey »
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
Do You believe In God?
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2005, 04:21:25 am »
No, because science has more material proof and more people are beginning to understand it more.
Those who still beleive in God are living in the past, and the past is not good.
Im amazed at how so much suffering is around today...because of an event that happened in the past...that may not even be true.
The bible could have easily been written by someone on drugs.
*points at a hippy (even if they where not around at that time, they are a very good example of this)*
And religion seems to have a major grudge against poor people, women and snakes.
The planet is our only god, unless you want to fit science into a slot close to it.
[snapback]141766[/snapback]
Written by hippies?!?! That was a very stupid thing to say. But what about the things your precious science hasn't been able to prove?!?! And Lucifer posed as a snake in the garden of eden. It never said snakes were evil! And perhaps I don't believe in Science? And if you read the bible at all there was a story about a poor begger and a wealthy man. The poor begger went to heaven when he died! Yeah, the bible really hates poor people alright. Next time think before you say something so stupid. Mmk :rolleyes:
[snapback]141831[/snapback]

You don't get my point: Hippies are a GOOD EXAMPLE of what happens when you TAKE DRUGS.
They hear things that you don't normally hear, see abnormalities and they beleive everything they hear and see.
Science HAS proven more than the bible: The age of the planet, how the planet works, how we're killing the planet, evolution, anchient animals such as the dinosaurs (they NEVER mentioned them in the bible) and great beasts such as mammoths (they're cloning them in Russia now), medicine, electronics and almost everything you take for granted is thanks to science.
The bible has done nothing but made people feel like they have a meaning to live.
When the real meaning of life, is just to live it up and be free.
And what about poor WOMEN?
When does a women appear and gain something we lack today...RESPECT!?
Males rule now, yes...but in the future females will show you all the truth.
The bible has many flaws in it, but so does science....only science has made up for those little flaws to come back with better ideas.
The computer your sitting infront of was thanks to science.
Science is a gift to humanity, we exploited it...just as we did intelligence.
We thought we were the smartest and most powerful beings on the planet....when we are infact the dummest and weakest creatures in existance.
Just a punch to the nose can kill you, a hit to the neck can paralyze you and just pulling a muscle in your leg can stop you walking for afew hours.
The planet has been here ALOT longer than humans have, fossil records and rocks prove this.
I've studied paloentology and know that the age of the planet is really 4.55 billion years old.
There is evidence that energy from the Earth's accumulation caused the surface to be molten. Further, the processes of erosion and crustal recycling have apparently destroyed all of the earliest surface.
The oldest rocks which have been found so far (on the Earth) date to about 3.8 to 3.9 billion years ago (by several radiometric dating methods). Some of these rocks are sedimentary, and include minerals which are themselves as old as 4.1 to 4.2 billion years. Rocks of this age are relatively rare, however rocks that are at least 3.5 billion years in age have been found on North America, Greenland, Australia, Africa, and Asia.
I can say more, but...well...it would be hard for you all to understand.
I can't beleive I know so much when Im only 15! O_O
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
Do You believe In God?
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2005, 09:29:03 am »
Yes, but the god I believe in isn't some big eternal dude.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
Do You believe In God?
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2005, 09:56:23 am »
i don't beleive in god's....just the planet and the galactic space continum.
The planet is our home, our friend and it has given us a NICE place to see.
But we've ruined it, scarred it....plagued it.
We are a virus to the Earth now, hard to wipe out, but once the planet destroys us all it won't have to face us making it sick anymore.
These debates on religion VS science wind up nowhere, no matter how much solid facts we throw at religion it still stands stubbornly with it's strange unproven beleifs.
Beleive what you want, I don't mind.
But don't say science is rubbish, otherwise your computer wouldn't be very happy.

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
Do You believe In God?
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2005, 03:19:53 pm »
There has to be. How come when i prayed i was helped?
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

Gideon Brown

Do You believe In God?
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2005, 07:01:19 pm »
While you may have been helped, others haven't. When I became atheist, I gave God his chance to prove me wrong, and he didn't. So whatever.

Dragon Of Grief

Do You believe In God?
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2005, 07:38:33 pm »
No, because science has more material proof and more people are beginning to understand it more.
Those who still beleive in God are living in the past, and the past is not good.
Im amazed at how so much suffering is around today...because of an event that happened in the past...that may not even be true.
*points at a hippy (even if they where not around at that time, they are a very good example of this)*
And religion seems to have a major grudge against poor people, women and snakes.
The planet is our only god, unless you want to fit science into a slot close to it.
Written by hippies?!?! That was a very stupid thing to say. But what about the things your precious science hasn't been able to prove?!?! And Lucifer posed as a snake in the garden of eden. It never said snakes were evil! And perhaps I don't believe in Science? And if you read the bible at all there was a story about a poor begger and a wealthy man. The poor begger went to heaven when he died! Yeah, the bible really hates poor people alright. Next time think before you say something so stupid. Mmk :rolleyes:

You don't get my point: Hippies are a GOOD EXAMPLE of what happens when you TAKE DRUGS.
They hear things that you don't normally hear, see abnormalities and they beleive everything they hear and see.
Science HAS proven more than the bible: The age of the planet, how the planet works, how we're killing the planet, evolution, anchient animals such as the dinosaurs (they NEVER mentioned them in the bible) and great beasts such as mammoths (they're cloning them in Russia now), medicine, electronics and almost everything you take for granted is thanks to science.
The bible has done nothing but made people feel like they have a meaning to live.
The bible has many flaws in it, but so does science....only science has made up for those little flaws to come back with better ideas.
We thought we were the smartest and most powerful beings on the planet....when we are infact the dummest and weakest creatures in existance.
Just a punch to the nose can kill you, a hit to the neck can paralyze you and just pulling a muscle in your leg can stop you walking for afew hours.
The planet has been here ALOT longer than humans have, fossil records and rocks prove this.
I've studied paloentology and know that the age of the planet is really 4.55 billion years old.
There is evidence that energy from the Earth's accumulation caused the surface to be molten. Further, the processes of erosion and crustal recycling have apparently destroyed all of the earliest surface.
The oldest rocks which have been found so far (on the Earth) date to about 3.8 to 3.9 billion years ago (by several radiometric dating methods). Some of these rocks are sedimentary, and include minerals which are themselves as old as 4.1 to 4.2 billion years. Rocks of this age are relatively rare, however rocks that are at least 3.5 billion years in age have been found on North America, Greenland, Australia, Africa, and Asia.
[snapback]141865[/snapback]
Please don't even start with women's rights. Women control so much today. My mom controls my family. My stepdad doesn't do a THING without consulting her first. And so many women are in high powered executive careers. And if humans are so stupid how do we have all the things we have today? So I will say it again... Think before you say something so stupid!!

And I didn't ask for a history lesson. I asked for your knowledge on the Christian bible but it is becoming increasingly obvious to me YOU DON'T KNOW A THING! You didn't even stay on topic. Actually I didn't bother reading that mindless drivel. If I want to learn about planets and the solar system I will go to the library :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2005, 07:41:33 pm by Dragon Of Grief »

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
Do You believe In God?
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2005, 07:52:09 pm »
Genesis.  The first book of the Old Testament.  It's the Tower of Babel.

No, literally and seriously are not synonyms.  The Bible was never meant to be taken literally.
[snapback]141732[/snapback]

Hey tower of babel was in doom!!!

Heres proof

There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
Do You believe In God?
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2005, 04:08:37 am »

[snapback]141865[/snapback]
Please don't even start with women's rights. Women control so much today. My mom controls my family. My stepdad doesn't do a THING without consulting her first. And so many women are in high powered executive careers. And if humans are so stupid how do we have all the things we have today? So I will say it again... Think before you say something so stupid!!

And I didn't ask for a history lesson. I asked for your knowledge on the Christian bible but it is becoming increasingly obvious to me YOU DON'T KNOW A THING! You didn't even stay on topic. Actually I didn't bother reading that mindless drivel. If I want to learn about planets and the solar system I will go to the library :rolleyes:
[snapback]142007[/snapback]

Like I would want to read that peice of rubbish anyway, I burnt all my bibles to save myself from becommin g a total fool.  :sleep:
People ARE stupid to think we are so smart.
I admit it, we are dumb.
There is no point in me continuing to add any more factual proof when total morons and people who just don't like to read THE TRUTH won't pay attention.
Beleive what you want, it's all a lie anyway....this site was made to prove that:

http://www.epsilonprogram.com/

Yay for people who take the mick out of foolish stories.
If you want to know the TRUTH, here are some very good sites:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-age-of-earth.html
http://www.nineplanets.org/

If you refuse to read these because you don't beleive in them, then I confirm you to be a blind fool.
I don't care if I get banned for telling the truth, that will confirm this site is for liars.
Ho-hum.
Im leaving this conversation now and will not return to it, these religion debates are pointless, they always end up in arguments that confuse normal people.

copycat136

Do You believe In God?
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2005, 04:52:04 pm »
I believe

spongehead 32

Do You believe In God?
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2005, 02:36:54 pm »
when it comes to the faith of a creator of some sort I try to keep an open mind

I beleave that there is some sort of creator unless there isnt though I dont spesify who that is

which means that I cant realy vote

ooo, and I want to add to sarahs conversation

its a nice little thing about "religion Vs science"

heres my thoughts

religion exsists to answer the un answerable

science exsists to find truth in the un answerable

so realy they are as important as eachother if u think of it

I would say more but I dont have much to go on without chooseing a side (I hate choosing sides) but thats what I think

u may say what I think is wrong, as long as u understand what I am saying
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 02:52:36 pm by spongehead 32 »

jojobird

Do You believe In God?
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2005, 03:28:01 pm »
I believe in God 100%. Isn't this something that belongs in the debate den?

Gideon Brown

Do You believe In God?
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2005, 03:31:34 pm »
I believe in God 100%. Isn't this something that belongs in the debate den?
[snapback]143861[/snapback]

Uhm...it IS in the debate den...it's been here all along... :wacko: