Author Topic: Sammy Sosa To Orioles?  (Read 2356 times)

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Sammy Sosa To Orioles?
« on: January 29, 2005, 06:18:28 pm »
sammy sosa got traded to baltimore.hm this could be pretty good for the orioles.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 06:19:33 pm by spongemonkey13 »

Kenny Blankenship

Sammy Sosa To Orioles?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 06:40:28 pm »
I would say it's better for the Cubs.  Sorry, but he hasn't been aging all that gracefully, and he only hit something like .240 last season.  I don't think this will benefit the Orioles all that much....

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Sammy Sosa To Orioles?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 07:50:31 pm »
I would say it's better for the Cubs.  Sorry, but he hasn't been aging all that gracefully, and he only hit something like .240 last season.  I don't think this will benefit the Orioles all that much....
[snapback]148720[/snapback]
It'll benefit them a little. He's still capable of hitting 40 homers and 100 RBI's - and though it isn't likely, it's always a possibility. The Orioles got the better end of the deal because they didnt give up much (Jerry Hairston Jr, couple of Minor Leaguers) and the Cubs agreed to pay for some of Sosa's salary next year. Corked bat or not, you still have to remember that this is the same guy that hit 66 homeruns in a year and has over 500 to his credit.

Offline MEEP!

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Sammy Sosa To Orioles?
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 01:05:31 pm »
I was just in Baltimore for 3 days and didn't hear a thing about this. It will take some getting used to.
Mr. Krabs: Do you smell it..that smell...a kind of smelly smell...a smelly smell that smells smelly. Anchovies.
Squidward: What?
Mr. Krabs: ANCHOVIES!
Anchovies: MEEP, MEEP, MEEP.

I probably won't be on here too much being in college and all. I will try to pop on every once in a while though to share my thoughts.

SS4Gohan

Sammy Sosa To Orioles?
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 03:13:50 pm »
Sammy's gettin' kinda rusty, but it'll still be good for Baltimore.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Sammy Sosa To Orioles?
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2005, 04:43:32 pm »
Orioles deserve him. Cubs need to understand that their time will come...just not in the next 10 years

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Sammy Sosa To Orioles?
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2005, 05:49:52 pm »
Orioles deserve him. Cubs need to understand that their time will come...just not in the next 10 years
[snapback]148942[/snapback]
They'll still be a very good ball club, even though they've had the by-far worst offseason. They've lost Matt Clement, Moises Alou, and now Sammy; but they still have Nomar and a great pitching staff.

Starr2k3

Sammy Sosa To Orioles?
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 01:14:54 pm »
Oh great...

Sammy was my favorite player and was the reason I loved the Cubs but now he, Clement, and Alou are gone there is no reason to cheer. Oh well.