Author Topic: Why Is Spongebob A Controversy Magnet?  (Read 10532 times)

Fifth Dynasty

Why Is Spongebob A Controversy Magnet?
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2005, 12:46:24 pm »
I don't think it's just pointing fingers at Spongebob. And, even if he was gay, I don't see why the press would care. 'All Men Should Be Treated Equally'. Ever heard that? Yeah. Even though he's a sponge.

I don't see why it's such a big deal, though. It's just a cartoon. Does it matter what the press thinks? Freedom of the Press is to thank for that, but it doesn't mean you have to follow it. Just because they say he is, "Gay", why does that affect you, Cmonkey? If you like the show, the press shouldn't effect anything. Why do you care about what other people think?

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2005, 01:54:39 pm »
The press doesn't think he's gay.  And in fact, the press doesn't think anything.  They simply report, as is thier job.  What I have a problem with is that they are taking an issue that barely has anything to do with SpongeBob, and are using "SpongeBob Gay?" in headlines to try to steal attention.  This, because of the lack of intellengence in... humans, starts rumors.  People keep emailing me, telling me that, or asking me if, SpongeBob is being taken off the air because of this.  Rumors... I hate them.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 01:56:18 pm by cmonkey »
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

super_sayian_spongebob

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2005, 02:51:46 pm »
I think most of the press thinks he's gay. If you don't believe me, start reading some of the articles. You'll eventually see a bias.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2005, 03:08:50 pm »
No, most of the press is trying to suggest that the AFA thinks that SpongeBob is gay.

DennisLuvr

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2005, 04:41:27 pm »
It's because he's so popular with so many people, different age groups, all over the world. You don't see them pointing fingers at like, The Fairly Oddparents, even though most of us would agree it's pretty good. Invader Zim...still not as controversial as SB.

Peeps are just jealous so just don't listen to them!

TheScout

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2005, 04:52:17 pm »
It's because he's so popular with so many people, different age groups, all over the world. You don't see them pointing fingers at like, The Fairly Oddparents, even though most of us would agree it's pretty good. Invader Zim...still not as controversial as SB.

Peeps are just jealous so just don't listen to them!
[snapback]147419[/snapback]

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2005, 06:10:16 pm »
We'll get through this.  There's no easy way out.

Fifth Dynasty

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2005, 06:32:14 pm »
I realized something. My mother knows the head of the AFA, James Dopson. I was named after his son. James Dopson has written many, many, very good books. Cmonkey, one question, do you have something against Christians? You're acting like the Christians are horrible. If so, you're stupid. Sorry, but you are (IF you think that). Maybe the AFA is really stupid, but that doesn't mean that every Christian is stupid. Just making a point in case you hold a grudge against Christians, because you were acting like it.

spongedude

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2005, 06:40:43 pm »
Cmonkey, one question, do you have something against Christians? You're acting like the Christians are horrible. If so, you're stupid. Sorry, but you are (IF you think that). Maybe the AFA is really stupid, but that doesn't mean that every Christian is stupid. Just making a point in case you hold a grudge against Christians, because you were acting like it.
[snapback]147469[/snapback]

Excuse me, where were you? :huh: Cmonkey said he had a problem with the press, because of the headlines they used in their articles. And I can agree. He wasn't denouncing Christians - pay attention. :wacko:

Fifth Dynasty

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2005, 06:45:40 pm »
Almost everytime he mentioned AFA, he mentioned Christian group. Does Ethnicy matter in this issue? Not really. He overused the word Christian. It was getting annoying. A lot of people have problems with Christians. Quite funny. Though, I don't study the bible. Anyways-

SS4Gohan

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2005, 08:29:19 pm »
Don't insult the all-powerful cmonkey. And anyway, he was just stating the facts.

The whole gay SpongeBob thing is, well.. gay. It's come up before, and it's really stupid. People who believe it are idiots.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2005, 02:40:19 pm »
Cmonkey, one question, do you have something against Christians? You're acting like the Christians are horrible. If so, you're stupid. Sorry, but you are (IF you think that). Maybe the AFA is really stupid, but that doesn't mean that every Christian is stupid. Just making a point in case you hold a grudge against Christians, because you were acting like it.
[snapback]147469[/snapback]

Excuse me, where were you? :huh: Cmonkey said he had a problem with the press, because of the headlines they used in their articles. And I can agree. He wasn't denouncing Christians - pay attention. :wacko:
[snapback]147476[/snapback]
Thanks.

Fifth, I stated that they were a Christian group because thats what they are... If I listed AFA, about 1% of the people who saw it would know what it was.  Anyway, I don't have a problem with Christians.  I have a problem with any fundamentalist or anyone who is overly religious.

super_sayian_spongebob

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2005, 05:08:32 pm »
Well Ireland has already hysterically taken SB off the air because of this. How do I know? Someone from another SpongeBob forum is from there, and he's now angry they're off because of this.

SpongeBobKiwiPants

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2005, 06:55:48 pm »
Someone just wants money... it's simple as that. Fame and money for being the ones to take spongebob off the air.
[snapback]147025[/snapback]

Or a death wish.