Author Topic: Women Priests  (Read 43432 times)

MiraclrPlz

Women Priests
« on: February 13, 2005, 08:04:44 pm »
For the past 20 centuries, there has never been a woman priest, or "priestess".  His Holiness, Pope John Paul II has already decided apon this.  It will never ever happen EVER.  Jesus was a man, not a woman, therefore it would be very strage to have a woman represent Christ.  Pope Pius the XII said that women can not ever become priests because they do not look like Jesus.  Ok I admit that wasn't that good of an explanation.  It is hard to explain what God wants.  There will NEVER be a woman priest.  God will strike dead any Pope who even dares think of the idea.  However, that kind of Pope could never be elected, because The Holy Ghost intervenes with the election of Pope.  It has already been infailibly stated by the Holy Father(and no Catholic can question the infailibility of the Pope) that there will never be a woman priests.  Who knows how long the battles in The Church between the Conservatives and the Liberal minority prospers.

Gideon Brown

Women Priests
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 08:29:01 pm »
So basically...all those women ministers out there should be struck dead by God by now...and yet...they haven't. Ha. Haha. Ha. You know, I believed in God, and I went to a church that had a woman minister...then I met the Catholics. And now you hate my guts. :)

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Women Priests
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 09:47:41 pm »
As long as they are a good priest/priestess...I'm all for it

oscar_the_grouch

Women Priests
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 06:13:25 am »
Its no different then a male being a preist. All humans are equal.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Women Priests
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 07:48:43 am »
I'm ok with woman preist's the chatolic churhes preists are all dying.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Elizabeth Rose

Women Priests
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 12:08:44 pm »
The Bible is clearly against women priests/pastors/etc... Women are not supposed to have high places of power within the church.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Women Priests
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 01:04:56 pm »
Where in the Bible does it say about being against women priests?

Elizabeth Rose

Women Priests
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2005, 01:32:30 pm »
[snapback]152620[/snapback]

It says women aren't to have power within the church. Priesthood would be included under power I think.

And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man. 1 Timothy 2:12

There is a little more in the passage that I will type if y'all want (haha, as if), but this is the main part, the part I am am talking about.

Gideon Brown

Women Priests
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2005, 01:35:18 pm »
Yes, but, many things in the Bible aren't followed any longer. For instance, women are ACTUALLY equal. The Bible was written by HUMANS, and even if God was telling them what to write, no matter what, it is STILL filtered through a human with biased opinions.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
Women Priests
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2005, 01:36:23 pm »

It says women aren't to have power within the church. Priesthood would be included under power I think.

And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man. 1 Timothy 2:12

There is a little more in the passage that I will type if y'all want (haha, as if), but this is the main part, the part I am am talking about.
[snapback]152629[/snapback]

Agreed.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Women Priests
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2005, 02:19:08 pm »

[snapback]152629[/snapback]

I've actually seen a few on TV that are priests...but I cant figure out what place in the US
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 02:19:40 pm by ssj4gogita4 »

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Women Priests
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2005, 03:40:24 pm »
This site proves woman preists should be aloud http://www.womenpriests.org/index.asp

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Starr2k3

Women Priests
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2005, 03:48:31 pm »
I never knew god was sexist... you learn something new everyday.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
Women Priests
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2005, 02:01:40 pm »
All humans are equal.
[snapback]152575[/snapback]

exactly, that is a very mature and wise point.
Humans are all equal, it doesn't matter what gender you are or what race you are.
You're still human.
People who degrade the opposite sex should be beaten sencelessly until they can actualy think for themselves.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

BiggerSquarierSpongier

Women Priests
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2005, 07:06:18 pm »
Yes, but, many things in the Bible aren't followed any longer. For instance, women are ACTUALLY equal. The Bible was written by HUMANS, and even if God was telling them what to write, no matter what, it is STILL filtered through a human with biased opinions.
[snapback]152631[/snapback]
Just because people don't follow them doesn't automatically make it right to not follow them. The Bible says not to murder, but people still murder, and that doesn't make it right. And the human opinions weren't completely biased (I actually don't know what that word means, but I'm guessing it means twisted or changed), because the Gospel is the same thing written from different points of view, and they are very similar to each other.