Author Topic: The Oldie Rugrats  (Read 2946 times)

PattyKeeper

The Oldie Rugrats
« on: February 20, 2005, 09:39:09 am »
I seemed to like them better.  They went way to far with the new ones.  

Why do people hate the old ones?  Sure they arent that good in animation!  But the stories make sense!

Kenny Blankenship

The Oldie Rugrats
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 11:08:17 am »
Who hates the old ones?  Those are what made the show as popular as it was...

I hate the new ones, as well.  They just seemed to run out of ideas once Dil rolled around... and now with All Grown Up, those old episodes are becoming quite the distant memory.  They should have quit around when the first movie came out...

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
The Oldie Rugrats
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 11:28:20 am »
I like the old ones, but they get boring....I've seen them 10000000x times over. All Grown Up is like the rest of nick, the way America likes its teens, good and clean. Too bad the real world isnt like TEENnick. Some of the old rugrats are ok...

The show is the longest running Nick Toon. The first ones I remember where Doug, Rugrats and Ren & Stimpy. That was 14 years ago. The stories for all the new shows suck compared to 10-14 years ago. The animation is better, but the shows/stories/characters have gone WAY down hill.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
The Oldie Rugrats
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 12:39:43 pm »
I enjoy them both but old ones are still better...before Dil and some with Dil

Sponge-Bob

The Oldie Rugrats
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 05:41:51 pm »
Spongebob wasn't very good in Season 1, Spongebob rised up in Season 2, Spongebob went a little bit down the hill in Season 3 but Survived from Patrick and The Movie, Season 4 will be amazing....

Rugrats dosen't have that pattern but FOP was simalar to Spongebob's pattern though......
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 05:42:18 pm by Sponge-Bob »

Fan of Spongebob

The Oldie Rugrats
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 07:23:57 am »
I loved the old animation of Rugrats especially the first season.  Second, third, and short forth season was very excellent too with the writing.  The fifth season was fine and so was the sixth, but after the seventh the show just went downhill.  Rugrats helped start a new era in animation that was not contolled by Hanana-Barbara or any of the big networks today.  It also helped Nick in starting some oringinal programming instead of the imported ones.

Sb129

The Oldie Rugrats
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2005, 07:13:29 pm »
I like the oldies alot esept season 1(the one when the babies hardly ever talked)some Dil & further episodes are ok thoe.

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
The Oldie Rugrats
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2005, 07:25:11 am »
i hate the new ones. after being the biggest fan ever since they came out, i just started absolutely hating the new dil episodes. i still watch the old episodes when they are on tv

PattyKeeper

The Oldie Rugrats
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2005, 09:45:21 pm »
they arent on that much though.  the last oldie one I saw was Tommys First Birthday back in November e_e

timstapels

The Oldie Rugrats
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2005, 12:18:59 am »
The old ones were so much better, I loved how they always started with something really close up...hang on they still do that don't they?