Author Topic: Why Rising Gas Prices Is Good For Us.  (Read 11229 times)

Fan of Spongebob

Why Rising Gas Prices Is Good For Us.
« on: March 04, 2005, 05:04:59 pm »
Well once again oil prices have hit the 50 dollar mark and the media is trying to make people become cautious about their needs.  Well if oil prices continue to rise towards the 1970's levels people will cut back and conserve.  Which is good I mean that's the first step to tell the nation that we need alternatives.  It is already happening the Toyota hybrids are selling like hotcakes and others too.  Our technology is also improving.  I mean a few years ago after 9-11 we are start to develop the Manhattan Project of the 21st century cars that can go 500 miles per gallon.  It will take alot of time and man power to covert our service stations and c-stores to get to a lesser dependence on oil in troubling countries.  However, it is only a couple of years away, but for those who are scared I got some tips from an old road in the 70's that will help you save on gas.

1. Avoid High Speeds.
Slower speeds usually yield more miles per gallon.

2. Get Regular Tune-Ups.
A properly tuned engine not only makes your car more enjoyable to drive but can also result in significant gasoline savings.

3. Replace Filters.
Check pollution-control devices regularly.  A dirty carboretor air filter alone can cost you as much as 80 gallons of gasoline a year.

4. Plan Your Trips.
Refer to a road map regularly to plan all of your necessary car travel.  Direct routes save time and gasoline.

5. Car pool.
A good way to save gasoline and reduce operating costs.  Note: In some major cities there High Occupanicy Vehicles or HOV in short.  They can help get to your destination shorter during rush hours and you could play joke with the police by ducking your heads expect for the driver, but don't get into too much trouble.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 05:31:57 pm by Fan of Spongebob »

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 05:28:19 pm »
I'm sorry high gas prices are bad for us, good for the middle east. Our economy always becomes bad during high gas prices. Food, and goods always become more expensive, meaning poor people can't afford to buy things like food or heat.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 05:50:21 pm »
The high prices are good, if your name is George W Bush.

Raising the gas prices with the unemployment we're at now isn't good.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 06:20:17 pm »
Raising gas prices and good don't fit together. I mean, what is Bush trying to prove by charging us $2.50 a gallon. Isn't he doing it to keep his friends rich or something?

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 07:12:46 pm »
1. Avoid High Speeds.
Slower speeds usually yield more miles per gallon.

2. Get Regular Tune-Ups.
A properly tuned engine not only makes your car more enjoyable to drive but can also result in significant gasoline savings.

3. Replace Filters.
Check pollution-control devices regularly.  A dirty carboretor air filter alone can cost you as much as 80 gallons of gasoline a year.

4. Plan Your Trips.
Refer to a road map regularly to plan all of your necessary car travel.  Direct routes save time and gasoline.

5. Car pool.
A good way to save gasoline and reduce operating costs.  Note: In some major cities there High Occupanicy Vehicles or HOV in short.  They can help get to your destination shorter during rush hours and you could play joke with the police by ducking your heads expect for the driver, but don't get into too much trouble.
[snapback]156991[/snapback]

#1 & #5 are wrong :P

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2005, 04:19:06 am »
Raising the price on ANYTHING sucks.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2005, 06:49:45 am »
Raising the price on ANYTHING sucks.
[snapback]157077[/snapback]
Except cigarettes and alcohol

Fan of Spongebob

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2005, 07:06:16 am »
What's wrong about number five, ssj? :huh:   Carpooling is great way to get to work I mean it saves gas and you get to meet some of the workers working at the same place you are.

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2005, 08:00:37 am »
We should stop using gas period its hard on the enviroment. We should use something else like electric cars or steam powered cars or even air but i dunno of air would work. BUT i would recomend electric cars. You could use solar power to power the motor and have a battery to power it durring the night
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2005, 08:14:22 am »
We should use something else like electric cars or steam powered cars o
<sarcasm>Yeah, that wouldnt be expensive...</sarcasm>
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 08:14:41 am by GrEeNdAyFrEaK »

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2005, 08:25:03 am »
What's wrong about number five, ssj? :huh:   Carpooling is great way to get to work I mean it saves gas and you get to meet some of the workers working at the same place you are.
[snapback]157103[/snapback]

Carpooling means more waste of gas because you would have to drop each person off at their destination before actually going home.

Fan of Spongebob

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2005, 08:28:55 am »
Well carpool needs to be planned.  You need to live nearby each other of it to work or they could stop at a park and ride before entering the city.  Thank you for noticing that ssj4.

super_sayian_spongebob

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2005, 08:37:13 am »
Maybe we should start riding out bikes, riding our skateboards or something. Things like this want me to go back to riding carriges with horses.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2005, 08:50:00 am »
Well carpool needs to be planned.  You need to live nearby each other of it to work or they could stop at a park and ride before entering the city.  Thank you for noticing that ssj4.
[snapback]157121[/snapback]

Everyone has friends that live far away from each other so that makes the gas use worse

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2005, 09:41:39 am »
Maybe we should start riding out bikes, riding our skateboards or something. Things like this want me to go back to riding carriges with horses.
[snapback]157127[/snapback]
That's not always possable, alot of Subburbs inclouding where I live have no sidewalks. It's hard to get around by foot, skateboard, or bike without sidewalks.
We should use something else like electric cars or steam powered cars o
Electric cars take too long to charge, to be useful. And we tried steam cars 100 years ago they took a long time to start, because you had to build a fire up 1st.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 09:43:16 am by Rocko »

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.