Author Topic: Baseball Season  (Read 2270 times)

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Baseball Season
« on: March 14, 2005, 04:17:14 pm »
Is everybody ready for this years baseball season? I know I am, this year the Cincinnati Reds should finish 1st or 2nd in their divison.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Baseball Season
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 04:19:31 pm »
i am expecting the yankees to get first in the division and hopefully win the world series

Kenny Blankenship

Baseball Season
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 05:21:03 pm »
I hate to say it, but I think this is the Yankees' year.  They've at least tried to solve their pitching problems, and since I believe the Red Sox nation made a deal with the devil to give them the World Series last year, I think we'll be subjected to Yankee dominance for the next 100 or so years.

As for America's team (i.e. the Twins), if we can keep Mauer and Mays healthy and productive, and everyone plays to expectations, we might be able to hang with the Yankees this year.

Starr2k3

Baseball Season
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 06:55:12 pm »
Is everybody ready for this years baseball season? I know I am, this year the Cincinnati Reds should finish 1st or 2nd in their divison.
[snapback]159667[/snapback]

Your joking, right? The Cubs, the Astros, and the Cards. There is not a chance of that...

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Baseball Season
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 07:06:46 pm »
I think the Cubs wont have a chance but Astros will get 2nd

Kenny Blankenship

Baseball Season
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005, 07:15:58 pm »

Your joking, right? The Cubs, the Astros, and the Cards. There is not a chance of that...
[snapback]159701[/snapback]

There's a small chance... remember, the Astros were nothing until Beltran got on board, and he's gone now.  Plus, the Cubs really, REALLY impressed me down the stretch (sarcasm) last year.  The Reds won't get 1st (that's reserved for the Brewers, of course), but 2nd is a definitely possibility.  Especially if Griffey stays healthy.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Baseball Season
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 07:17:58 pm »

[snapback]159701[/snapback]

There's a small chance... remember, the Astros were nothing until Beltran got on board, and he's gone now.  Plus, the Cubs really, REALLY impressed me down the stretch (sarcasm) last year.  The Reds won't get 1st (that's reserved for the Brewers, of course), but 2nd is a definitely possibility.  Especially if Griffey stays healthy.
[snapback]159720[/snapback]
Basicly if the Reds can keep healthy they have chance to finish in 2nd. They also have to avoid their June-July Slump that they can never get out of. It's happened for a number of years now.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

rtsap

Baseball Season
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2005, 07:39:34 pm »
The Dodgers traded away their entire team last year, so their not going to be as good.

DennisLuvr

Baseball Season
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2005, 01:03:15 pm »
I'm not that into baseball, but I hear we have an awesome team this year. Time to throw my heart and soul into that, even though they are quite broken from our recent state loss...*twitch*

Chucky and Derek are excellent pitchers for us. As for Major League, I don't get into that, period.