Author Topic: Why The Era Of Big Government Is Not Over  (Read 3899 times)

Fan of Spongebob

Why The Era Of Big Government Is Not Over
« on: March 17, 2005, 07:14:13 pm »
Well every president has usually said this the era of big government is over, well it's not.  Sure Ronald Regan cut alot of programs in order to get the government back on its feet, but now more bills are going through Congress and being pass.  Like the Persricpition Drug Reform, taxes, Social Security, etc.  The era of big government began with the founding the Keyes Theory which makes the government has to regulate the peaks and balances of the economy.  Big government will stay around for a long time like the Adam Simith theory and Lazzie-Faire which went out of theory when the Great Depression came.  Theories help change and shape the world sometimes they don't work and people with great minds think of something even better and will work.

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 07:26:24 pm »
This is true.  While the administration will never admit it, we live under a Social Democracy, which is impossible without a large government.  Soon enough, we will have nationalized health care and insurance, and the government will be even larger.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Fan of Spongebob

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 07:29:37 pm »
Yeah I mean who takes cares of the roads, government.  Who placed that fifty mile bike trail in the woods, government.  Who order the tanks for thousands of people to work and get a pay check, government.  I mean it would be nice, but I hope they don't try to raise too many taxes on the rich.

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 07:40:59 pm »
This is not a Communist Nation--Reagan said "We must not look to the Government to solve out problems.  Government is the problem."  And he could never have been more right.

Fan of Spongebob

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 04:24:32 pm »
Well there isn't a secret police, we have the right of freedom of speech,  the government doesn't do collective farming, and I don't see a control over religion.  Plus we have divide between rich and poor.  Big government back then was tormenting many of us by making wrong decisions like forced busing and price controls.  These days inflation is very low plus there's three to four news networks that can deliver the news and sometimes make lies from time to time.