Author Topic: Florida Woman's Feeding Tube Removed  (Read 26737 times)

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Florida Woman's Feeding Tube Removed
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2005, 05:15:41 pm »
Are you to tell me God would punish her because people felt sorry for her, and didn't want her to suffer?

DennisLuvr

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2005, 05:20:50 pm »
*raises eyebrow* I never said a word about God, did I? But there will be a lot of people missing her, people who actually cared about her...won't they harbor that burden for the rest of their lives?

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2005, 05:28:27 pm »
It is better to let her live than make an eternal mistake by killing her.
[snapback]161865[/snapback]

I thought you had meant hell by eternal mistake.

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2005, 07:17:32 pm »
No Kevi, God does not find it okay.  God created our souls. That harm done.  You'resupposed to keep someone laive as long as possible--you can't just brand them undesireable and kill them.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2005, 07:19:04 pm »
Yes, but you seem to believe Terry Schiavo would go to hell, which is completely illogical.

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2005, 07:20:38 pm »
Into the debate den it goes.

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2005, 07:26:00 pm »
now that is some good moderating.  i never woulda thought to do that.

Eva:Gina

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2005, 12:52:10 am »
GOOD ON THEM!!!
There was a guy in the paper who starved himself to death like that cos he was suffering from motor neuron. If a person can't reserve the right to end their own suffering, or if incapable to make that choice, have the people who LOVE them to do it for them, then what right do we have to take painkillers?? (big comparison, i know but.........)

and as for religious beliefs.......
Jehovas witnesses dont believe in blood transfers. but the rest of us still have them.
If you dont believe in it, dont do it.

Pu tit this way. Our dog was in a bad way, for a long time. and when we got her put down, all i could think was that we could have ended her suffering alot sonner, but we kept her alive because we couldnt handle the responsibility. now that is selfish!!
Putting this woman out of her misery was an amazingly brave thing to do. dont make the mistake of thinking it was easy.
it would be alot less traumatic if it was somting less drawn out. like morphine overdose or a nice clam injection or somthing. but people dont allow that.

super_sayian_spongebob

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2005, 06:47:26 am »
She had no life. She was a vegetable. She would've had to live like that for many more years. She was in that state for over 7 years. Would you want to be living off of a feeding tube for 7 years? I'm sure she wanted to go. It was more of a political thing after a while.
[snapback]161846[/snapback]
Actually she's been in that state for 15 Years.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2005, 10:17:48 am »
EXACTLY! 15 years. Would you like to be in the condition for 15 years,, suffering, and then, later,  be in that condition more. I'd rather die and go to heaven.

Sponge Pat

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2005, 12:33:53 pm »
How can you say she had no life? She's still a human being.

Yes, but only barely alive.  I would not even call it a life anymore, sitting there everyday for the past 15 years like a vegetable.  

Put yourself in her position, not her parents, not her husbands, and think,
would you want to keep living for another who know's how long?
We take for granted our ability to talk, walk, and do stuff on our own.
She can only breathe. She needs a machine to keep her alive!! What kind of life is that!??! Torture I say.

Even if she did want to stay alive in the beggining, after 15 years, I bet she gave up hope. I would have at least.

GIR

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2005, 02:46:22 pm »
we do it to animals all the time why not to humans?

she would have killed herself if given the chance.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 02:48:43 pm by megapat0099 »

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2005, 04:51:38 pm »
She can't even follow something with her eyes. If you were like that, would you want to live like that for another 50 years?

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2005, 07:50:57 pm »
Euthenesia is murder, not mercy.  Why is it all conservatives want her to live and all liberals want her to die?  Easy, because liberals are part of the culture of death!  Murdering the handicap is the samething the Nazis did. Several family members want this HUMAN BEING kept alive, but that God I wish I could swear on here "husband" of hers wants her dead...I can not believe this.  These people who wanna kill her...you've read about these sort of people in science fiction for the past 50 years---never could one ever imagine people could get that messed up...it's sickning!  I condem the culture if death that so many have fallen victum too!  A handicapped man is not something you can throw out like a broken toaster!  What is this world coming too?????!!!!!!!!  Could Christ have sent this person to show how crazy the world is becoming?  Why doesn't he do something?  He knows that liberalism is a mental disorder.  Why why doesn't He act?  Oh...He's got something planned.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2005, 08:30:37 pm »
Euthenesia is murder, not mercy. Why is it all conservatives want her to live and all liberals want her to die? Easy, because liberals are part of the culture of death! Murdering the handicap is the samething the Nazis did. Several family members want this HUMAN BEING kept alive, but that God I wish I could swear on here "husband" of hers wants her dead...I can not believe this. These people who wanna kill her...you've read about these sort of people in science fiction for the past 50 years---never could one ever imagine people could get that messed up...it's sickning! I condem the culture if death that so many have fallen victum too! A handicapped man is not something you can throw out like a broken toaster! What is this world coming too?????!!!!!!!! Could Christ have sent this person to show how crazy the world is becoming? Why doesn't he do something? He knows that liberalism is a mental disorder. Why why doesn't He act? Oh...He's got something planned.

Oh yes, you are perfectly following the bible. Such a great catholic. </Sarcasm>

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I'd like it if she was kept alive, although I seriously doubt that's happening. So I try to look on the bright side of these particular conditions.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 08:32:50 pm by AppleNick »