Poll

AIDS
3 (12%)
Cancer
18 (72%)
Neither (Evil laugh)
4 (16%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Question  (Read 28173 times)

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
Question
« on: March 29, 2005, 01:42:49 pm »
I have a good one for the debate den. Which should be focused on more: Curing AIDS or cancer? I haven't made up my mind yet, I will answer when I find out which one is more abundant.

Starr2k3

Question
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 01:56:51 pm »
Cancer. As much as I would like to say AIDS but lets face it, more people have cancer. We should be finding a cure for something that more people have instead of finding a cure for something only a littler minoritie has.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Question
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 02:02:28 pm »
AIDS.

Andrew, you don't understand how many people are suffering from AIDS in African countries.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Question
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 03:38:51 pm »
Cancer.

Too many people have cancer and AIDS just really isnt talked about much anymore.

Gideon Brown

Question
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 04:38:00 pm »
I'd have to say AIDS. There are too many types of cancer to count, whereas there is only one AIDS and one HIV. You only need one and a half cures really. Cancer needs different cures, for each type of cancer. It'd be a lot easier to cure AIDS faster.
Although, personally, I think cancer is a much worse disease in the end.

Dragon Of Grief

Question
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 05:55:20 pm »
Probably cancer, because AIDS isn't the epidemic it once was back in the 70s and 80s.

AIDS.

Andrew, you don't understand how many people are suffering from AIDS in African countries.
[snapback]165022[/snapback]
And that is our problem... how exactly?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 05:58:43 pm by Dragon Of Grief »

Megan

Question
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 06:23:25 pm »
Cancer, because there is a way to prevent AIDS, but you can not prevent cancerous cells from forming.

Yes, I know that some people are born with AIDS of some people get it even when they aren't doing the things that can be changed to prevent it, but it's a lower number.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Question
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 06:47:03 pm »
I'd have to say AIDS. There are too many types of cancer to count, whereas there is only one AIDS and one HIV. You only need one and a half cures really. Cancer needs different cures, for each type of cancer. It'd be a lot easier to cure AIDS faster.
Although, personally, I think cancer is a much worse disease in the end.
[snapback]165116[/snapback]

There may a bunch of different types of Cancer we would have to get a cure for, but the AIDs virus changes every 30 days. It would be nearly impossible to find a cure for that. So, I say Cancer.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Question
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005, 07:00:10 pm »
Probably cancer, because AIDS isn't the epidemic it once was back in the 70s and 80s.

AIDS.

[snapback]165022[/snapback]
And that is our problem... how exactly?
[snapback]165192[/snapback]

Wow, how egotistical of you.

How is it our problem that Saddam had an oppressive regime? How is it our fault the tsunami hit India? Borders and countries are made up, people are real.

Dragon Of Grief

Question
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2005, 07:04:07 pm »
You still haven't answered my question... how does the fact that Africa has widespreed AIDS effect us? The United States of America? How does that effect us? Yes, it is unfortunate but we need to worry about our OWN AIDS problem and not some third world countries AIDS problem. We need to focus on our own needs and stop waisting money on the likes of "Africa".

Gideon Brown

Question
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2005, 07:06:15 pm »
Wow, that was the most "MeMeMe" thing I've heard!! Picture yourself in the situation Africa is in. Would you not want help from a country who has more technology and money?

MiraclrPlz

Question
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2005, 07:07:05 pm »
CANCER.  Please don't make me go further into it.

Starr2k3

Question
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2005, 07:08:43 pm »
CANCER.  Please don't make me go further into it.
[snapback]165225[/snapback]

Please go further.

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
Question
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2005, 07:09:31 pm »
Cancer!!! AIDS can be prevented from spreading. Cancer cannot!!! there ya go!!!
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Question
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2005, 07:10:45 pm »
You still haven't answered my question... how does the fact that Africa has widespreed AIDS effect us? The United States of America? How does that effect us? Yes, it is unfortunate but we need to worry about our OWN AIDS problem and not some third world countries AIDS problem. We need to focus on our own needs and stop waisting money on the likes of "Africa".
[snapback]165221[/snapback]

You disgust me, you arrogant prick.

We're all people. You want to know what seperates you from the African children? A few differences in DNA, that's all. We have the technology, we shouldn't be nationalistic idiots and not use that technology to help people who need it.