Author Topic: Can someone please tell me what is going on?  (Read 1665 times)

twixta

Can someone please tell me what is going on?
« on: April 23, 2005, 03:39:47 pm »
Ok I used to be a huge sponge bob fan.  I was instantley hooked the first time i saw it.  This show was in a league of its own compaired to other cartoons on tv.

So then the spongebob movie comes out.  I never had a chance to see it in the theatre but recently saw it on DVD.  THIS MOVIE IS NOTHING LIKE THE SHOWS.  Spongebob's voice sounds different.  Its annoying.  The movie had no wit, no charm, and very few laughs.  So i figured ok, the movie was bad, but at least the shows are great.  UNTIL TODAY!  

I was flipping through the channels and Spongebob was on.  Yes, i thought to myself, i havent seen a new spongebob episode in a while.  But much to my dismay the show was just as horrible as the movie, if not it worse.  I tuned it on when spongebob was picking up some litter, and avoiding this character called "the strangler".  I couldnt even watch the rest of the episode it was so bad.

Anyways here are some of my questions:  "why has this lost all its quality?  Are the same writers still writting the show?  Why does spongebob's voice sound different?  Has spongebob sold out????

EDIT - OOPS posted in the wrong section, sorry.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 03:43:15 pm by twixta »

Chrono

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 04:17:36 pm »
.....That was the worst post I have ever seen here.....
The movie was freaking amazing. I loved it and so did everybody else that saw it.
The episode of The Strangler was hilarious. Lots of funny moments. I cant believe you hated it.
If you're now deciding on hating Spongebob, then don't watch it.

Rabble

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 04:38:31 pm »
Everyone has differnt...Charateristics. They have the right to hate the movie as much as you do, without making flames. The show was much better than the movie.

I think the new episodes(Imo) will be better than the movie, and I think the show will always be better than the movie, plus the movie was more of a...Lesson to me, showing that it doesn't matter how old you are, you can do anything. Except get a job or something.

timstapels

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2005, 04:58:51 pm »
I think you just have outgrown it or something along those lines.

Kenny Blankenship

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2005, 09:39:34 pm »
Double topic...