Author Topic: Peanuts Game In The Works  (Read 2629 times)

Kenny Blankenship

Peanuts Game In The Works
« on: April 26, 2005, 03:05:33 pm »
IGN.com:

Namco Nabs the Peanuts
It's interactive entertainment, Charlie Brown!
by David Adams

April 20, 2005 - Namco has gained rights to use the Peanuts in video games, the company announced today. A licensing agreement with United Media gives Namco use of Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Peppermint Patty, and other characters from the classic comic strip franchise.

"'Peanuts' is one of the most celebrated comic strips of all time, and Charlie Brown and his friends have firmly cemented their place as American icons of the highest order," said Jeff Lujan at Namco. "We relish this opportunity to continue these beloved characters' storylines through the medium of games and are honored to introduce this cherished property to an all-new generation of gamers."

Namco has yet to announce specific Peanuts games, and while we'd be strangely delighted to kick a** as Snoopy in Soulcalibur, we'll have to wait for official announcements.

Charles M. Schulz's Peanuts strip debuted in only seven newspapers in 1950. To say that the Peanuts grew since then is an understatement: Snoopy and friends are now among the most recognizable comic characters in the world.

Today's announcement comes just months after Namco announced video game rights to two other classic franchises: Gumby and The Berenstain Bears. Stay tuned for more.

Would it be extremely geeky of me to admit to considering buying this?

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 03:06:48 pm »
No. Because I know I will definetly buy this :)

Patricksquare Pants

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 03:33:25 pm »
I Might Buy This But I Wish They Made A Calvin And Hobbes
Game.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 03:42:57 pm by Patricksquare Pants »

Kenny Blankenship

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 03:40:51 pm »
I wonder what kind of game will materialize out of this.  I would hope it would be fairly laid-back, and not some "grand adventure".  I think a game in the style of Animal Crossing (done right) would be kind of cool... or maybe Peanuts Baseball, where you try to take Charlie Brown's team to the top of the league....

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 07:24:16 pm »
Kenny Blackenship, you will be geek if you buy this. BECAUSE IM A GEEK AND IM BUYING IT!!! I love Peanuts, and I have a few of the educational games from when I was little. I really am gonna get the games, but will they even maket  them? I havent seen those Berenstein Bears ones or Gumby ones yet.

Squidward_Rules!

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 12:42:20 pm »
I''l buy it.

timstapels

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 01:25:05 pm »
Hehe, I won't buy it but it sounds funny :p I love peanuts, they're so funny.

1luke12

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2005, 06:27:20 am »
I love Peanuts, definately will buy. I already have "Snoopy Tennis" on Gameboy Color.