Author Topic: Are humans parasites?  (Read 7518 times)

Dragon Of Grief

Are humans parasites?
« on: April 27, 2005, 06:35:19 pm »
I have been thinking about this... you know how we feed off of our mothers before we are born. Does that make us parasites? As we grow, and mature inside the womb. We suck nutrients from them and stuff. Also we kill animals for food, and we chop down trees to build our houses. What is your opinion?

Elizabeth Rose

Are humans parasites?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 06:44:03 pm »
Um... maybe? That is an icky sort of thought, but it is a good point. I'd like to believe I am not a animal of any sort though. Eww, tapeworms.

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Are humans parasites?
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 06:48:55 pm »
yeah my mom compares me to that all the time. not a happy comparisson

Eva:Gina

Are humans parasites?
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 07:15:15 pm »
humans are the biggest parasite ever.
i know what im trying to say, but sarah would put it better, so ill jsut leave it to her, untill i get the words right :biggrin:

Gideon Brown

Are humans parasites?
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 07:32:22 pm »
Parasite: An organism that grows, feeds, and is sheltered on or in a different organism while contributing nothing to the survival of its host.

This sounds awfully familiar. In fact, it sounds just like what humans do to all other animals. We live off of the Earth, but rarely contribute to making her better. Watch as we slowly, but surely, rid the Earth of her beautiful creatures, and plants. Watch as she tries to produce more, but can not because we humans are consuming everything Nature is trying to bring forth. A handful of people try to give back to the Earth, but most of these people are not Christian, and therefore do not constitute as a majority. The majority drinks back what Earth has to offer, and does not respect her. We are much like a louse. We suck the blood from our host, and just cause a general grievance to her.

Are humans parasites?
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 07:35:06 pm »
Parasite: An organism that grows, feeds, and is sheltered on or in a different organism while contributing nothing to the survival of its host.

This sounds awfully familiar. In fact, it sounds just like what humans do to all other animals. We live off of the Earth, but rarely contribute to making her better. Watch as we slowly, but surely, rid the Earth of her beautiful creatures, and plants. Watch as she tries to produce more, but can not because we humans are consuming everything Nature is trying to bring forth. A handful of people try to give back to the Earth, but most of these people are not Christian, and therefore do not constitute as a majority. The majority drinks back what Earth has to offer, and does not respect her. We are much like a louse. We suck the blood from our host, and just cause a general grievance to her.
[snapback]174110[/snapback]
exacty. well said ms brown :biggrin:

Gideon Brown

Are humans parasites?
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 07:38:52 pm »
Ms. Brown, heh

Why thank you, Ms Gina ^_^

I think I missed the full moon...kak.

As for Elizabeth Rose's comment about hating to think of humans as animals...*sighs* I have no problem with that thought myself. We are not better than the whales in the sea, or the elephants of Africa. Okay, so we have opposable thumbs. The Sperm Whale still has a bigger brain to body ratio than a human!!

*mumbles why she hates religions and wanders back to her hole in the ground*

Elizabeth Rose

Are humans parasites?
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 07:50:49 pm »

[snapback]174110[/snapback]

You have a good point. I wish more people would take care of the Earth, I can't do it all on my own.

By the way, I love the whales and elephants, (although dolphins own them), but I still don't view myself on their level. My personal opinion is that the soul makes all the difference.

But, I have to say, I might put some people on the level of an animal, if you catch my drift. :tongue:

Gideon Brown

Are humans parasites?
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 08:02:38 pm »
I'm a bit off-topic here, but I just thought I'd clarify, as most 'dolphin-lovers' do not actually know this. Dolphins ARE whales. They are a subspecies of whale, just like the Humpback, and are grouped with the Orca, and the Sperm Whale, as well as porpoises. Teethed Whales. :]
I almost wrote Whaled Teeth there.

Okay...so back to the topic at hand...

MiraclrPlz

Are humans parasites?
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 08:04:03 pm »
God says we are not parasites.  We are not some unloved spawn of evolution.  There is no evolution.  Each man was created by God and each man has value.  Peace to God's men of good will.

Gideon Brown

Are humans parasites?
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2005, 08:08:31 pm »
God may be telling this to you, but God sure is silent when I try and talk to him.
You must remember MSP, not everyone is Christian. Which means that your religion can not be 100% accurate. Otherwise, everyone would be running to be baptized.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Are humans parasites?
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2005, 08:09:13 pm »
God may be telling this to you, but God sure is silent when I try and talk to him.
You must remember MSP, not everyone is Christian. Which means that your religion can not be 100% accurate. Otherwise, everyone would be running to be baptized.
[snapback]174144[/snapback]
No. No. You have it all wrong. :P

Not everyone is CATHOLIC. Catholic and Christian is different in his mind.

:D

MiraclrPlz

Are humans parasites?
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2005, 08:12:17 pm »
Gideon Brown  Today, 09:08 PM Post #11  

Sir Bors de Gannis

Group: Members
Member No.: 887

-------------------------------------------
uh, not everyone is going to join the faith.  we all have free will.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Are humans parasites?
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2005, 08:14:43 pm »
Gideon Brown  Today, 09:08 PM Post #11 

Sir Bors de Gannis

Group: Members
Member No.: 887

-------------------------------------------
uh, not everyone is going to join the faith.  we all have free will.
[snapback]174147[/snapback]
Yes, so everyone does not have to join your catholic views. If we all have free will, you cannot be right all the time about your views. You must admit this.

Are humans parasites?
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2005, 08:17:47 pm »
my old dog was smarter than plenty of people i have met.

i dont htink we can say that we are "smarter" than animals when we are the ony species who activly destroys the very things htat keep us alive.

even before machines humans were killing off land. take new zealand, the whole south island was forest before it was burnt off by the moari to flush out prey. and i mean, yeah, we gotta eat, but at everything elses expense??