Author Topic: Find The Best Post Of The Person Above You  (Read 67833 times)

Kenny Blankenship

Find The Best Post Of The Person Above You
« on: May 02, 2005, 07:52:18 pm »
Yeah... so I was browsing the online list, and some guest was looking at a topic with the same name as this one, and I thought it looked interesting, so I guess this is the "reborn" topic...

Good luck finding one for me...

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 08:04:49 pm »
I've never used it.
[snapback]91510[/snapback]
So many ways to think about that XD

Kenny Blankenship

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 08:08:21 pm »
Well gee, you just had to post some INSANELY obscure quote to start this topic off, didn't you?

As for you... I would post it, but it could be interpreted as mean, so I won't.  Hint: took place in a thread I closed recently...

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 08:12:25 pm »
(this is the 3rd in the series “Why Are You Screwing Up A Perfectly Good Thing?” 1st one was the Loonatics topic, and the most recent was the Kids Bop Beatles topic.)

Click here for the story, or read below...

NEW YORK - Something must be wrong in the land of Muppets.

First PBS announced that “Sesame Street” would kick off its 35th season this week with a multiyear story arc about healthy habits. No problem there; childhood obesity rates are soaring. Then I learned of changes that turned my “Sesame Street” world upside-down.

My beloved blue, furry monster — who sang “C is for cookie, that’s good enough for me” — is now advocating eating healthy. There’s even a new song — “A Cookie Is a Sometimes Food,” where Cookie Monster learns there are “anytime” foods and “sometimes” foods.

“Sacrilege!” I cried. “That’s akin to Oscar the Grouch being nice and clean.” (Co-workers gave me strange looks. But I didn’t care.)

Health makeover
Being a journalist, I did the only thing I knew how to do. I investigated why “Sesame Street” gave Cookie Monster a health makeover.

The answer would lead me into a world where television producers worked with health experts and politicians, a place where Cookie Monster does care about his health, and by association, the health of children.

The first place I headed was the Internet. On the Sesame Street Web site, little had changed. There was Cookie Monster, in all his blue furriness. He was holding a plate of cookies. He was chomping on a cookie. He still looked the same. But as we all know, looks can be deceiving.

So I searched the site for news on Cookie Monster and up popped a press release about the show’s “Healthy Habits for Life” emphasis. Buried near the bottom was a one-sentence mention about Cookie Monster eating fewer cookies.

But what did that mean? Scarfing one plateful instead of two?

I picked up the telephone. “What’s going on with Cookie Monster?” I asked the “Sesame Street” press office. “Why are you doing this?”

They sent me to Dr. Rosemarie T. Truglio, the show’s vice president of research and education.

She said the show changes every year, focusing not just on teaching numbers and letters but also emotional and physical health. With the rise in childhood obesity, Truglio said “Sesame Street” is concentrating on the need to teach children about healthy foods and physical activity.

Talking eggplants and carrots
This season, each episode opens with a “health tip” about nutrition, exercise, hygiene and rest.

Truglio said “Sesame Street” also will introduce new characters, such as talking eggplants and carrots, and offer parodies, such as “American Fruit Stand.” Even guest stars will address healthy activities, such as Alicia Keys talking and singing about the importance of physical activity.

Even politicians have gotten into the act, filming public service announcements with “Sesame Street” residents. In one taping, Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist taught Elmo to exercise — jumping up and down. In another, Sen. Hillary Clinton and the small red monster discuss the various textures and tastes of foods.

But what about their position on Cookiegate?

“Even Cookie Monster is learning to control his cookie cravings,” Frist told me by e-mail. “His sage advice opened our eyes to the simple joys of a tasty cookie and now reminds us that moderation is the key to healthy living.”

Cookie Monster was not available for comment. (I’m hoping he hasn’t gone too Hollywood.)

No diet for the furry one
“We are not putting him on a diet,” said his spokesman, Truglio. “And we would never take the position of no sugar. We’re teaching him moderation.”

The furry one also plans to try different kinds of cookies (read: healthier cookies) rather than his just staple, chocolate chip.

But will he still scarf his food? Yes, plus the occasional object, Truglio said.

But isn’t that unhealthy? Her reply: He’s still Cookie Monster.

Cookie Monster appears to be happy with the new “sometimes food” song, because at the end he warbles: “Is sometimes now?”

“Yes,” he’s told.

So there it is. Cookie Monster still gobbles cookies, he’s just a healthier version of his old self. His eyes are still googly, his fur is still scruffy and he’s still messy.

Even “Sesame Street” recognizes that we all need guilty pleasures.

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Good gravy. Now I don't know about you guys, but I don't think the reason why there are so many obese children running around is because the Cookie Monster is eating a few too many cookies... you know the old saying, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Applies perfectly here...

Awesome thread.

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 08:22:27 pm »
The Mummy. Absolute CRAP!!
[snapback]82906[/snapback]
Heh. Heh. He speaks the truth.

Chrono

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 04:59:44 am »
IT'S A CARTOON!!!
[/b][/size]
I find that one a lot...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2005, 05:00:06 am by Chrono »

Kenny Blankenship

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 08:47:54 am »
I think The Pineapple is a great name for a welcoming place. Very spongy, very squary, very bobby, and very panty...

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 01:44:43 pm »
Kerry already lost, so why even pile on the guy now? It just seems extremely petty. I know I don't care for politics, but it annoys me whenever something like this is posted....

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Squirrel Goddess

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 01:26:55 pm »
I'm yet anohter losser on this board, 15 years old and no girlfreind ever.

I thought I was the only person here that didn't have a life. ( Kidding!)

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 01:41:44 pm »
Hey! We're not little annoying brats! We're redneck hicks from Southwest Virginia! And we're darn proud of it too!
[snapback]173438[/snapback]

Offline RandomDude18

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2005, 01:59:20 pm »
party at chris's house

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2005, 02:08:58 pm »
It's also not our loss, it's his.

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2005, 02:48:31 pm »
No, if you want to post this get a blog.

Seriously

Offline spongemonkey13

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2005, 02:50:28 pm »
I don't mind Catholics. Some of them are fruity (Seriously, don't all faiths have some nuts?)
[snapback]110372[/snapback]
haha i love the mentioning of fruits and nuts

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2005, 07:40:39 am »
my sister listens to top 40 and country...yuck! she had maroon 5, tim mcgraw, avril, jesse mccartney, and that 1,2 step song all on one cd. thats too much for me.