2 (4.4%)
Gay
1 (2.2%)
Unsure/Deciding
2 (4.4%)
Open Minded
2 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: Your Sexuality  (Read 42801 times)

timstapels

Your Sexuality
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2005, 07:37:22 pm »
I'm straight.  I think being gay is a sin, as well as totally wrong...although I don't hate someone if they are.
[snapback]183229[/snapback]
It makes me sick when people think gay is a sin. Just because a person stands in a building every week saying that gay is wrong doesn't make them right.
Honestly, get over yourself.
[snapback]183563[/snapback]
That'd be his opinion now wouldn't it? An opinion that many, many people share.
[snapback]183593[/snapback]
That is not an opinion - that is called believing what an old book says.

Just because you believe in one part of the book, people think they need to follow what the whole bible says whitch is complate :Dolphin Noise:

Chrono

Your Sexuality
« Reply #121 on: May 28, 2005, 07:39:23 pm »
If being gay is a sin, why did God create some people like that? Huh? Answer that one...

Also, there are 7 users reading and/or writing in this topic...

timstapels

Your Sexuality
« Reply #122 on: May 28, 2005, 07:40:52 pm »
If being gay is a sin, why did God create some people like that? Huh? Answer that one...
[snapback]183657[/snapback]
That's if God exists...

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Your Sexuality
« Reply #123 on: May 28, 2005, 07:42:02 pm »
God allows us to make our own choices, and some choose homosexuality. That's like asking why God created murderers - if he thinks it's so wrong, why did he create them? It's all in the individual choices he allows us to make.
And I may as well end my comments by saying that i'm not a preacher, so i'm probably not going to be able to answer many of the questions thrown at me. If that satisfies you than so be it, you win.

Jackie-Boy

Your Sexuality
« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2005, 07:43:53 pm »
I will not say this again.

IT IS NOT A CHOICE.

Elizabeth Rose

Your Sexuality
« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2005, 07:44:20 pm »
I have a gay friend, too, and he's one of the people I base my opinion on. I believe in God and what he has to say in the Bible and I believe that homosexuality is a sin, but don't take me for a homophobe - I don't hate them, I just don't agree with their choices.
[snapback]183652[/snapback]
Exactly my feelings. I too have known gay/bi people, and have not showed them any hatred, however, being a Christian myself, they know how I feel about their lifestyle. They know I love them just the same too.

Chrono

Your Sexuality
« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2005, 07:46:12 pm »
God allows us to make our own choices, and some choose homosexuality. That's like asking why God created murderers - if he thinks it's so wrong, why did he create them? It's all in the individual choices he allows us to make.
And I may as well end my comments by saying that i'm not a preacher, so i'm probably not going to be able to answer many of the questions thrown at me. If that satisfies you than so be it, you win.
[snapback]183662[/snapback]
He didn't create murderers. Drugs plus drugs plus drugs equals a messed up person who will do bad things because they're messed up. And then when mothers take them, their babies will turn out that way and they'll do that and so on and so on. Being homosexual isn't caused by drugs.

timstapels

Your Sexuality
« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2005, 07:50:17 pm »

IT IS NOT A CHOICE.
[snapback]183665[/snapback]
It is though!
Years after they've been married to the opposite sex, they might get bored and try out being gay and like it just as much as straight! Believe me, my auntie did this and said that she thought gay was bad and she would never be gay!

Exactly my feelings. I too have known gay/bi people, and have not showed them any hatred, however, being a Christian myself, they know how I feel about their lifestyle. They know I love them just the same too.
But it's totally wrong to think that their lifestyle is a sin, there really is absolutely no point as to why you think it's a sin apart from what a book says.

Dragon Of Grief

Your Sexuality
« Reply #128 on: May 28, 2005, 07:51:21 pm »
For the love of-

Okay, look. I don't give a flipping f**k what's right in the eyes of God. Sure, if he's real, he may say that homosexuality is a sin. To some of you, it's just "gross". But the point is that people do not choose to be gay. They can not change who they are. It's not like they can decide to be gay or not. And what more than half of you are saying is just as bad as racism. I mean, it doesn't change the fact that these are PEOPLE, and they deserve to be treated as people! They can not change a single thing. And don't think that they'll pretend to not be gay just so YOU can be more comfortable, idiots.

My final thoughts - if God's really that way, well then, forget the fool.

I know I went off on a tangent there, and if the mods decide I need to be warned for calling them "idiots", go right ahead, but it needed to be said. I won't read terrible comments like these without stating my mind.
[snapback]183633[/snapback]
Dude. I am bisexual. And I wasn't talking to you. So before you go flipping out on me make sure you know what you're talking about.

I am just telling you what the bible says because someone said it wasn't a sin.

timstapels

Your Sexuality
« Reply #129 on: May 28, 2005, 07:54:13 pm »
I am just telling you what the bible says because someone said it wasn't a sin.
[snapback]183672[/snapback]
Just because the bible says something doesn't mean it true, that's your opion so say that rather than "because".

Chrono

Your Sexuality
« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2005, 07:54:22 pm »

IT IS NOT A CHOICE.
It is though!
Years after they've been married to the opposite sex, they might get bored and try out being gay and like it just as much as straight! Believe me, my auntie did this and said that she thought gay was bad and she would never be gay!
Actually, it was probably only then when she realized that she was gay. She might have been all of her life and failed to realize it...could happen.
I still think that it's not a choice.

Elizabeth Rose

Your Sexuality
« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2005, 07:55:14 pm »
But it's totally wrong to think that their lifestyle is a sin, there really is absolutely no point as to why you think it's a sin apart from what a book says.
[snapback]183671[/snapback]
Some people base their life off that Book. It's a little thing called faith. It is a very important book to me, and it hasn't gotten in the way of any of my friends.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 08:00:00 pm by Elizabeth Rose »

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

Your Sexuality
« Reply #132 on: May 28, 2005, 07:56:35 pm »
Just because the bible says something doesn't mean it true, that's your opion so say that rather than "because".
[snapback]183675[/snapback]
We don't need to state our own opinions when we have faith in our source of information, God and his writings in the Bible.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 07:58:20 pm by GrEeNdAyFrEaK »

timstapels

Your Sexuality
« Reply #133 on: May 28, 2005, 07:56:47 pm »

IT IS NOT A CHOICE.
It is though!
Actually, it was probably only then when she realized that she was gay. She might have been all of her life and failed to realize it...could happen.
I still think that it's not a choice.
[snapback]183676[/snapback]
But it was the fact that she thought gay was a horrid and sinful thing.

MiraclrPlz

Your Sexuality
« Reply #134 on: May 28, 2005, 07:58:55 pm »
Those afflicted should never justify their horrendoues actions as natural for them!  Their only hope is to face the situation squarely and avoid the persons, places, and situations they know are dangerous occasions for them.  Many people afflicted manage to sublimate--to rise above this evil handicap and to make wonderful use of natural talents God has so often given to them in other fields.