Author Topic: Nothing After Death  (Read 16404 times)

Offline partiallynothing

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://stripslashes.net/
Nothing After Death
« on: May 31, 2005, 09:36:46 pm »
After science class, and learning about the composition of living things, I have lost most religious beliefs.

I have always had a fear of the moment I die.  I do not believe in any religion; so I have no real thoughts on what happens after death.  When I was younger I would dream about the absolute nothingness that consumes everything after death.  Does anyone else have similar thoughts?

Also, what do people believe to be outside our solar system, and what is outside that, and what is outside that, and what is outside that, etc.  I find it terribly mind-numbing.

Please note: No flaming, trolling, or other forms of spamming the SZ boards.  This is meant to be an intelligent display of your thoughts.  If you disagree, explain why; if you agree, explain why.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 09:37:54 pm by partiallynothing »

Offline Fink

• SpongeBob
  • get high like planes
    • View Profile
Nothing After Death
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 09:46:13 pm »
Not really. My religious beliefs are with me. I used to have thoughts about that, but I've made my mind up.

I understand about the infinite universe, but don't you think it has to stop somewhere? I don't think it can go on forever. There's still a possibility though.

Offline partiallynothing

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://stripslashes.net/
Nothing After Death
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 09:47:59 pm »
About the universe, doesn't it have to be in something?  I mean...  Well, I just cannot grasp the idea of it ending or it continuing forever.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 09:48:22 pm by partiallynothing »

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Nothing After Death
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 10:23:11 pm »
When I die, I will go to Heaven. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. I believe there is a h3ll but that is for the people who disrespect God & Jesus

Offline Fink

• SpongeBob
  • get high like planes
    • View Profile
Nothing After Death
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 10:31:39 pm »
About the universe, doesn't it have to be in something?  I mean...  Well, I just cannot grasp the idea of it ending or it continuing forever.
[snapback]185154[/snapback]

I get what you mean, and the thought of either freaks me out. It's just the fact of it being impossible to really know. It gets to me.

Eva:Gina

Nothing After Death
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 12:55:36 am »
i think that whatever happens, we have no idea, have never even come CLOSE to what it would be.

if it was going to be somthing as amazing as afterlife, then we would not have hte capacity to just dream it up and write a book about it.

timstapels

Nothing After Death
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 01:41:47 am »
i think that whatever happens, we have no idea, have never even come CLOSE to what it would be.

if it was going to be somthing as amazing as afterlife, then we would not have hte capacity to just dream it up and write a book about it.
[snapback]185174[/snapback]
Are you sure you're not me?

williambob286

Nothing After Death
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 01:45:16 am »
in christanity, they say you may go to ::Dolphin Noise:: if you're a bad guy and heaven if you are a good guy.

so, not even people who revived told the tale of death

sorry about dolphin noise but the name may be a bad word.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 01:46:45 am by williambob286 »

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
Nothing After Death
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2005, 04:00:32 am »
Life ends with death, that is all. lol.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Nothing After Death
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2005, 07:21:14 am »
I'm open to the possibility of a God/afterlife, but I don't believe in Christianity.

edso

Nothing After Death
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2005, 07:35:51 am »
...Heaven or h3ll...no doubt about it.

Gideon Brown

Nothing After Death
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2005, 07:36:25 am »
I believe in complete nothingness. It calms my mind. I also believe that our energy is dispersed to go back to the Earth, our Mother. But...that's just me.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Nothing After Death
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2005, 09:35:58 am »
I believe that we, as humans, aren't meant to know what happens after we die, or what else is out there. There's just some things that are obviously kept hidden from us and that we will never crack. So I'm not going to waste my time thinking about it if I'll never know the answer.

Sheldon J. Plankton

Nothing After Death
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2005, 02:07:52 pm »
I have NO idea, I hope there is an afterlife and I am open to the idea, but it sounds a little unrealistic to me.

SpongeBass GuitarPants

Nothing After Death
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2005, 09:37:55 am »
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and I am going to Heaven, those who don't believe in Christ are going to h3ll. It says so in the Bible.

I think this topic should be closed, it causes way to much conflict of religious beleifs.

H3ll is not a swear, it is a place.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 09:39:00 am by SpongeBass GuitarPants »