Author Topic: Rant about Stand and Truth  (Read 7271 times)

Fan of Spongebob

Rant about Stand and Truth
« on: June 14, 2005, 07:50:28 am »
I'm getting really made to see these kids trying to pressure restaurants and bars to have all areas be a smoke free zone. :angry:   Why can't the smokers try to sue the places because they can't allow smoking in there?  I really find that girl saying its just stupid offensive.  Somkers have their rights they get you back no matter what sooner or later.  You know there are places that count on smokers to come or they would be out of business like bars and taverns.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 08:41:07 am »
Smoking's being banned in public places because it's hazardous to people's health. Just because some people want to slowly kill themselves doesnt mean other people want to share that with them.

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 09:42:09 am »
I honestly can't see the health hazard of smelling somebody's already smoked... smoke. I've known so many smokers that have lived in their 90+ years, without a single health ailment. My parents smoke, and I don't have asthma, or anything of the sort. The way I see it, if you don't like to smell smoke, then go into the non-smoking area of the resturant. I see no problem with seperating the people. If the government is doing this to force people to quit, I can almost guarantee that it won't work. Not only will it not work, resturants will just lose money as a result.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 09:43:44 am by SizzlinSean »

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 10:22:36 am »
I don't think smoking should be allowed in restaurants. The staff shouldn't put up with it, and neither should anyone else. If you need a smoke that bad, take it outside.

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 10:31:10 am »
You are more likely to get lung cancer from taking a deep breath of city air then you are from smoking.

SpongeBass GuitarPants

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 01:47:42 pm »
You are more likely to get lung cancer from taking a deep breath of city air then you are from smoking.
[snapback]191759[/snapback]
I have to agree with you, with all the crud we have floating around in the environment. :ohmy:

Gideon Brown

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 07:56:57 pm »
We have a smoking bylaw in SD&G so that anywhere around here you can't smoke in restaurants. I personally don't agree with it. It used to be that some fancy restaurants had special rooms for the smokers, but now they can't use them anymore. I think that was the perfect solution. Let the smokers sit in their smoke, while the rest breathe the clean recycled air that's been through the system dozens of times that day anyway! Banning smoking is just taking away free will. 1984!

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 08:09:29 pm »
We have a smoking bylaw in SD&G so that anywhere around here you can't smoke in restaurants. I personally don't agree with it. It used to be that some fancy restaurants had special rooms for the smokers, but now they can't use them anymore. I think that was the perfect solution. Let the smokers sit in their smoke, while the rest breathe the clean recycled air that's been through the system dozens of times that day anyway! Banning smoking is just taking away free will. 1984!
[snapback]191962[/snapback]
That's what I think too. Smokers can smoke in a special room in there own smoke. And it should be in a seperate room, or atleast set up in a way where smoke stays away from the non smoking section

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2005, 09:54:33 pm »
[snapback]191962[/snapback]
That's what I think too. Smokers can smoke in a special room in there own smoke. And it should be in a seperate room, or atleast set up in a way where smoke stays away from the non smoking section
[snapback]191968[/snapback]
That would work. I don't aim to ::Dolphin Noise:: smokers off, I just don't want to be around their smoke.

Eva:Gina

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 01:49:09 am »
I'm getting really made to see these kids trying to pressure restaurants and bars to have all areas be a smoke free zone. :angry:   Why can't the smokers try to sue the places because they can't allow smoking in there?  I really find that girl saying its just stupid offensive.  Somkers have their rights they get you back no matter what sooner or later.  You know there are places that count on smokers to come or they would be out of business like bars and taverns.
[snapback]191648[/snapback]
they banned smoking from pubs and bars and clubs here, business has gone up and smokers dont really care.
think about hte people who work there, who have to work there cos of uni hours and stuff.
there is no place that counts on smokers, just have a shelter outside they can smoke under. smokers will still go out, non smokers stay home if theyre gonna come back smelling like sewerage.  even the smokers say its way nicer to go out now that its not all smokey.
its not 1984, its just health.
if you wanna compare stuff to big brother, check out this whole thing with girls having to have parental consent if htey want an abortion, thats 1984.

Gideon Brown

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 03:33:08 am »
You are being denied freedom. What about the workers? Do you expect that none of them are smokers? I do not smoke. In fact, I'm allergic to cigarette smoke, as well as being asthmatic. But I still think that this goes too far. Another bylaw just like it in SD&G is only being allowed to own three dogs. Why? Because apparently a person can not properly handle more than three dogs if they live in the city. That sounds pretty dumb.
If the smokers have their own room in a restaurant, the waiters only have to go in there for five minutes to get their order, then come back and give it to them. You think cigarette smoke is bad? The air in the system is always recycled air. So no matter if someone is smoking, germs are still being circulated throughout the building 24/7.
Let's not forget other places of work. I work in a factory. The only reason no smoking is allowed is because it IS a risk to health. Things could be set on fire. Before worrying about second hand smoke, I think governments should look into how factories treat their employees. I am lucky enough to be in a factory where we are treated properly, but I know a factory just down the road where they do not properly contain chemicals, and do not properly make sure all dangerous gases are taken care of.

And taking away your freedom of smoking is just the beginning of 1984. Yay for there being worse scenarios. But the government won't just stop at smoking bylaws, oh no. If they can manage one single stupid thing like that, they'll continue to make our freedoms less and less. As for girls getting parental consent. All children under the age of sixteen...there parents have to sign forms, etc, when they get an operation, for they are the guardians. Otherwise the parents will be able to sue the hospital's head off if something happens to the child. Therefore, the parent has a right to know if their child is going in for an  operation, which is exactly what an abortion is. People have died from having abortions. While I personally don't agree with having to get parental consent, I do see reasons why they should have it. Mmmkay?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 03:34:39 am by Gideon Brown »

Eva:Gina

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 03:40:03 am »
are you against drugs???
jsut wondering

well, it works here, no one has any problems with it.
Its nice to come home and not feel like being sick from the smell of your own hair.
if nothing else, its a quality of life issue, like the whole double the amount of womens than mens toilet thing, its disgusting, if you wouldnt want your local strip clubs with big naked pics on the roadside, same type of thing, but with visuals, instead of somthing thats actually detrimantal to your health.

i was smoking when i worked in places where smoking was allowed inside, and i still hated it, its gross.
no one is stopping anyone from smoking, just inside.

and about stupid laws, law students are legally obliged to have two pints of ale at their exams and carry their swords on them at all times.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 03:42:42 am by Eva:Gina »

Gideon Brown

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2005, 03:56:31 am »
I am passive about drugs. While I agree some should be gotten rid of, most are not all that risky. Mairjuana is better for you than alcohol. ^_^
But then....this is me...I've done drugs....and I know I'll probably do them again. I'm also from Canada, where it once was legal to smoke marijuana. For about a month. *grumbles*

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2005, 08:11:30 am »
You are being denied freedom.
Then businesses are being denied freedom by not being able to ban smoking in their property.

Offline SizzlinSean

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2005, 08:34:27 am »
Then businesses are being denied freedom by not being able to ban smoking in their property.
[snapback]192084[/snapback]

But they're operating for the people. They need to have the people somewhat happy if they want people to eat at their establishment. I honestly don't see a problem with sequestering(sp?) the smokers in another section of a resturant. It makes everyone happy.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2005, 08:51:53 am »

But they're operating for the people. They need to have the people somewhat happy if they want people to eat at their establishment. I honestly don't see a problem with sequestering(sp?) the smokers in another section of a resturant. It makes everyone happy.
[snapback]192097[/snapback]

The only way I would accept that is if they have proper ventilation, and it's a decent amount away from nonsmokers.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2005, 09:01:19 am »

[snapback]192097[/snapback]

The only way I would accept that is if they have proper ventilation, and it's a decent amount away from nonsmokers.
[snapback]192104[/snapback]
Ventilation is the most important thing, because I've sat right next to the smoking section, and couldn't smell any smoke.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2005, 09:04:34 am »
I don't agree with banning smoking compleatly, but in many pubs here in the UK we don't have 'non-smoking' sections.
We do in resteraunts and the like, but not in pubs.
We should have a 'non-smoking' area in the pub, I myself have been having difficulty breathing as a result of passive smoking, you gotta remember the slogan: Smoking doesn't just efect your helth, it effects those around you.
And young children are at a higher risk of death from passive smoking (ages new born and up to about 8 or 9), many however survive but still need special treatment in hospitals.
I don't know if Americaa, Australia, New Zealand or Canada have these problems where children at very young ages die because of some stupid person needing a smoke around them.
If you gotta smoke, smoke outside or in a 'smoking zone'.
You wouldn't beleive it though, some people still think its OK to smoke in non-smoking areas anyway...but then again they are normally stupid kids.
I don't understand either how some children about age 9 can smoke! There are many kids down my street who aren't even 10 yet and they smoke.
Something needs to be done.

If you couldn't be bothered to read all that, here's a shorter version:

Let smokers smoke, stay clear of them if you don't want to passive smoke.
The UK needs to get some bloomin' non-smoking areas in pubs.
Younger children are at higher risk of death from passive smoking.
The younger generation is stupid.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.