Author Topic: The media's portray of women...  (Read 8109 times)

xspongebob kinky pantsx

The media's portray of women...
« on: June 16, 2005, 05:49:14 am »
I know this is probably one rant youve probably heard before but it something that i feel so strong about, im actually fed up of how the media portray women... looking stick thin and ill... I believe that all people should stay looking natural, im not saying that you shouldnt dress up once in a while or wear a little makeup as everyone enjoys this sometimes but its when you hear about a famous actress or singer thats had a boob job... to me their all vain. Their all clones, eventually we will have a world of barbie dolls and individuality wont exist. Now tell me honestly would you want this? or should we stick up for being different because thats a policy ive always stuck with, be yourself.Theres too many anorexic teenagers out there... and thats because they look in their favourite magazine and see their favorite singer or actress, looking perfect and they look at thereself and see an obese person when really their beautiful in their own way. Some of the problem is bullying but as a previous sufferor ive learnt that theres no one better to be than yourself.  I hope anyone who reads this looks at their life and relises what sort of a world its becoming... Please post a comment if you agree or disagree as i would like to hear different sides.

thanks
x x Leanne x x

Jackie-Boy

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 05:59:26 am »
Supermodels make everyone feel bad.

x SpOnge Jesse Square Pants x

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 06:01:31 am »
I think your very right about how women look in magazines and compare themselves to actresses and singers and they shouldnt...they should just like who they are inside and out and be themselves. It is extremely difficult to not compare yourself to actresses and singers that you may see in magazines...very difficult, as there is a huge amount of media going around. You see it everywhere, televisions, magazines...everywhere. It will never stop. Most woman and teenage girls get down very easily because the media pressure famous women to being thin and pretty and everyone else thinks that they should do the exact same thing when really they shouldnt at all. Its not right...definately not right. In my opinion you should be true to yourself and be yourself...no matter what anyone says. Your beautiful in your own different way. Yes, I know this is very hard but you have to try and put 100 % in to it. Thats what I have learnt...to be honest I dont care what ppl think of me anymore because Im happy with myself...I have the most important things in my life to keep me happy, I have a loving family, loving friends, loving boyfriend...what more could I ask for. If you think about it, these famous people are not happy with there lives, even if they are rich. And thats a fact.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 06:10:49 am »
Just think of it this way: Supermodels are made of 99.9% plastic and have to eat leafs all their lives.
Whereas we don't look like plastic barbiedolls....or at least I think that we don't.
Anyway, supermodels are stupid, let them be the way they want....so when global warming comes around they can never go outside...cause all their plastic will melt. lol. XD
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

xspongebob kinky pantsx

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 06:26:38 am »
Yeah your right sarah, and we'll just stand and laugh and appreciate the fact we didnt follow the 'crowd' Hee hee :D

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 06:35:26 am »
Im normally always wrong...but I know what you mean about these wafes...they're way to thin for their own good...girls at my school are as thin as I am and say they are fat...so they become anorexic (sp?) and start to suffer and slowly waste away.
I've seen it about twice, where girls look at supermodels and want to look like them...then become unhealthy trying to be what the media says women should look like.
When in fact it is a load of bull.
Im lucky, I eat all sorts of rubbish, high sugar food, high fat food and the like...but gain no weight.
Guess I pay for it with my spots though, acne is so bad.
I hate barbiedoll, fasion-crazy, blondie-retarded wafes....the girls who put image before everything.
((Before anyone gets upset, Blondie was a famous woman who looked good and made other women want to look like her...basicly Blondie-retard means 'girls who are obsessed with apperances and are totaly stupid' it is not judging by the hair colour....I had a problem with a girl at school when I made a statement similar to this, she got the wrong idea and threw BF's at me...she paid for it later.))

I type too much, Im gonna take a rest.

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Sheldon J. Plankton

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 08:12:20 am »
The media really seems to objectify women, make them look kinda like lessers, just make them to sexy people in the background while them men have personalities and fight people. Thats what you usually see in movies.

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 09:48:36 am »
Yeah, check it out, Lindsay Lohan used to be pretty and healthy and now she's nasty and obviously on drugs.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2005, 04:11:02 am »
The media really seems to objectify women, make them look kinda like lessers, just make them to sexy people in the background while them men have personalities and fight people. Thats what you usually see in movies.
[snapback]192600[/snapback]

You read me like a book, Sheldon, I was thinking the same thing.  :happy:

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2005, 06:02:10 am »
people will make fun of me at skoo cuz im overweight, but im not obese, im going on a diet this sumer, but anyways when they call me fat or something all i say is this right here"im fat and proud of it" and that usually makes them go away cuz they dont got nothin to say. But that one stupid kid Jordan nixon keeps trying to push me so i freakin get the whole class to help me and eventually he starts crying and says hes gonna murder us all.(everyone hates him because of this and he tries t copy us so we stop w/e we're doing so he dont copy, he stole crap from my backpack, and he is a lier, gosh i hate this kid, i was thinkin of eggin his house, every1 was talkin about it... but anyways, back on topic
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2005, 06:05:45 am »
People who insult eachother like that are nothing more than brainless apes.
Just read JTHM, it makes you see how messed up the world REALLY is...it's a book of pure genius.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2005, 05:50:43 pm »
Another thing a lot of people don't realize is that when you look at a supermodel in a magazine, it's usually been digitally altered to make them look "sexier."  

Most people don't think of this when they look at a magazine though.  Supermodels aren't as perfect as everyone seems to think.

Eva:Gina

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2005, 09:08:08 pm »
the media portrayel of men is bad as well.
not al men are thick, many woman are just as stupid.

get over all this feminist crap.
the majority of girls LIKE being brainless fashion victims, its their choice, and feminism has done nothing to stop it.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2005, 05:05:45 am »
Nothing is done anymore to stop anything.
Then again, if we didn't do anything...our lives would be boring.

MiraclrPlz

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2005, 11:49:17 am »
What rap music is to the music industry, feminism is to the united states.  Women's rights in any nation is often used as a stepping stone for evil.  Like Communism.