Author Topic: SUV's Suck  (Read 18449 times)

jojobird

SUV's Suck
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2005, 06:46:28 pm »
I'm starting to dislike my SUV because it now costs $60 to fill up. That's at $3 a gallon. But I guess it could be worse. It would cost me over $100 in parts of Europe to fill up my SUV.
[snapback]226060[/snapback]
See, that's there evil side! My Mercedes is a gas guzzler too, but it's not that bad. I had to pay a tax when I bought it. Well, I didn't buy it, my parents did.

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
SUV's Suck
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2005, 11:14:13 am »
Im sorry, this just angers me when people go"OOOO look at the roomy GGSUV" without even doing research on gas milage and poulution.

One time I was walking up a hill and I saw an GGSUV going up the hill. It sounded as if it was working its butt off to get itself up the hill.
[snapback]210258[/snapback]
I've seen small cars do the same thing. I've been in small cars where you have to turn of the A/C and down shift to make it up the hill at a decent speed. While my SUV climbs hills just fine.
[snapback]210282[/snapback]
Dude people do that to tell the transmission what to do instead of it figuring it out itself. I know this from experience, my dad does it all the time, my mom dont do it at all, and yet she left the ac on and it went up 168th, (steep hill) fine.

Yeah but were you outside the vehicle when it was going up the hill?
[snapback]211239[/snapback]
Umm the car was a stick shift, sticks can't figure out things themselves. Your mom's car is probably an automatic, and your dad's is probably a manual. And i could hear the engine from INSIDE. And it was loud, and you could hear is strugle.
[snapback]211904[/snapback]

Replying to this old post now that I  know the difference between stick and auto.

With many stick shift cars, you MUST downshift when going up a steep slope, you risk stalling the engine if you dont.

The loudness is caused by the engine turning over at a faster pace and the transmission turning the wheels over slower. You can upshift when going up a hill if the tachometor reaches near the red needle. You will notice that the engine starts to get quieter as you upshift.
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

Spongey4

SUV's Suck
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2005, 03:34:53 pm »
they are SO bad for the enviornment
[snapback]209175[/snapback]
I dont care,My dad has a SUV and I love it.

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
SUV's Suck
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2005, 03:45:23 pm »

You sir are a ignorant fool. © Kevin   :p

These things are enviromental hazzards, they serve no purpose.  The only reason why your dad has one is... well... I cannot say.  But there are vehicles that are more gas efficient and even have more room than SUV's

There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

Offline Isnt Anything

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • I look at the sounds through filters.
    • View Profile
SUV's Suck
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2005, 09:50:43 pm »
SUV's do serve a purpose. To drive americas dreams of being beautiful and pretty. Its an American Symbol if you ask me.