Author Topic: Spanking Your Children  (Read 13883 times)

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Spanking Your Children
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2005, 07:06:43 pm »
I think the only reason I would spank my kid is because it happened to me as a child. Even though I don't really believe in it because of what all happened to me I'll probably still end up doing it to my kid. I know I shouldn't because that's just carrying on another generation of that and then my kid will probably do it to their kid. I know I'll try and control myself but I'm sure that I'll eventually spank them.

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
Spanking Your Children
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2005, 08:10:34 pm »
No and yes. It was torture to me when I was little.

Offline RandomDude18

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Spanking Your Children
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2005, 08:17:26 pm »
I was spanked sometimes when I was kid for being ADHD. I hated it.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 08:17:35 pm by Red Hat »

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
Spanking Your Children
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2005, 12:10:17 am »
So, how many of y'all were the perfect kids?  I never, ever, ever got spankings unless one of my brothers framed me.  Nope. Not me.  I was a good girl.  Definitley.
[snapback]243961[/snapback]

I was the child of satan. XD
I screamed alot, broke anything, swore at the age of 2, hit my older sister and just did what I wanted.
My parents just yelled at me, they never really spanked me, but said they would.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Fifth Dynasty

Spanking Your Children
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2005, 01:13:46 pm »
I got spankings all the time because I was ADHD
[snapback]243988[/snapback]

I have AD/HD, too. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. How did that affect you getting spanked? I have it, and I have a very serious case of it (people think I'm on ecstacy or other things I refrain to mention. Not anymore, but I used to be HORRIBLE), and I don't ever get spanked. I guess I know self-control now more than ever, but yeah. Anyway

I'm going to refrain from spanking my child when I'm an adult. I am moderately violent, so I donno how hard it's gonna be, but I'll try to control myself. I think yelling gets the job done just fine. If the child keeps doing what they're told not to do after yelling at them, ground them from their favorite things or something. If they STILL continue to do it, then it's time for the spanking. I'm not going to rear-end hit them though. Slapping them works better (at least for me it does).

I never get spanked. I'm a pretty well-rounded, good adolescent. If I do something I'm not supposed to be I get a firm "knock it off" and that usually does the trick.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Spanking Your Children
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2005, 05:33:37 pm »
Yes and Yes. And Liz always got away with everything. All the time. Never got in trouble; she is to crafty.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 07:22:53 pm by Elizabeth Rose »

Rachy

Spanking Your Children
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2005, 06:06:42 pm »
I don't ever plan on spanking my children.

I was hardly ever spanked as a young child, but once I turned about 13, I got my "I'm a teenager, I can do anything I want" attitude, they began to hit me.  My Dad is a large man, and extreamly strong from the heavy lifting his job involves and never went easy on me.  When I say that ,I mean being thrown against walls,  kicked and punched,having my hair pulled and being pinned down while he smacked the crap out of me.  At first I was scared of him, I used to think that it was my own fault that he hurt me the way he did, I used to run away from him because I was scared that he would really hurt me one day, but as I got older, it just made me angry.  I hated him, I started to let him hit me however and wherever he wanted so that I had marks to show people who didn't believe me.  My parents are really good at playing "the perfect Mummy and Daddy" when their friends are around and they never lay into my little brothers EVER.  It's made me a very angry person, I've even started hitting my parents back.  I remember once a few years ago, my Dad threw me into my closed bedroom door, making me hit my head and fall onto the ground, he then opened my door, picked me up and threw me into my room. When I fell over again and he kicked me and screamed something at me, he then turned to walk away.  I was so angry at him, that I picked up the first thing I could find (my electric keyboard), ran up behind him, and wacked him on the back of the head with it as hard as I could and screamed "DONT EVER TOUCH ME AGAIN!".  He didn't hurt me again for a while, but he's started again, even though I'm 18.  I think the worst part is that they always say they're sorry afterwards, they spoil me and I have pretty much everything that I want and they think that it makes up for it.  My friends always tell me how lucky I am to have so much stuff, and to have parents with so much money, but I would much rather have nothing and know that my parents care about me enough to not hurt me, than to have everything I ever asked for.

I work in childcare, and I know that there are other ways of punishing children.  I know my Dad goes way too far, but because of what he has done to me, I get REALLY angry and I don't doubt that I would go too far with my own children.  I never want to be like my parents in any way AT ALL, so I will never EVER spank my children.  It DOESN'T work.

Offline Compwhiz128

• SpongeBob
  • This Wal-Mart Operating System....
    • View Profile
Spanking Your Children
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2005, 12:59:38 pm »
No and Yes. For me, spanking did nothing but made me MAD!

If I were to do this to my kid, he would probably just get madder.
There is no such thing as peace and there never will be. Peace is a delusion believed by the weak. Gandhi said : "An eye of an eye would leave the whole world blind". So be it because only a blind world can experience the peace that it deserves. But there in lay the sick irony. Who will be able to see this peace? The human species is at war. The enemy walks among us nearly invisible. Only those with true discernment can see them. But only one with discernment and vision can show them to others

Elizabeth Rose

Spanking Your Children
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2005, 04:03:38 pm »
I don't ever plan on spanking my children.

I was hardly ever spanked as a young child, but once I turned about 13, I got my "I'm a teenager, I can do anything I want" attitude, they began to hit me.  My Dad is a large man, and extreamly strong from the heavy lifting his job involves and never went easy on me.  When I say that ,I mean being thrown against walls,  kicked and punched,having my hair pulled and being pinned down while he smacked the crap out of me.  At first I was scared of him, I used to think that it was my own fault that he hurt me the way he did, I used to run away from him because I was scared that he would really hurt me one day, but as I got older, it just made me angry.  I hated him, I started to let him hit me however and wherever he wanted so that I had marks to show people who didn't believe me.  My parents are really good at playing "the perfect Mummy and Daddy" when their friends are around and they never lay into my little brothers EVER.  It's made me a very angry person, I've even started hitting my parents back.  I remember once a few years ago, my Dad threw me into my closed bedroom door, making me hit my head and fall onto the ground, he then opened my door, picked me up and threw me into my room. When I fell over again and he kicked me and screamed something at me, he then turned to walk away.  I was so angry at him, that I picked up the first thing I could find (my electric keyboard), ran up behind him, and wacked him on the back of the head with it as hard as I could and screamed "DONT EVER TOUCH ME AGAIN!".  He didn't hurt me again for a while, but he's started again, even though I'm 18.  I think the worst part is that they always say they're sorry afterwards, they spoil me and I have pretty much everything that I want and they think that it makes up for it.  My friends always tell me how lucky I am to have so much stuff, and to have parents with so much money, but I would much rather have nothing and know that my parents care about me enough to not hurt me, than to have everything I ever asked for.

I work in childcare, and I know that there are other ways of punishing children.  I know my Dad goes way too far, but because of what he has done to me, I get REALLY angry and I don't doubt that I would go too far with my own children.  I never want to be like my parents in any way AT ALL, so I will never EVER spank my children.  It DOESN'T work.
[snapback]245073[/snapback]
Whoah, that ain't even spanking.  That's beating.  Beating is over the line.

By the way, I lied.  I got a lot of spankings when I was little.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 04:04:15 pm by Elizabeth Rose »

GIR

Spanking Your Children
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2005, 07:07:50 pm »
No.

And no.

I would never spank my child.

To me, that constitutes as beating and sexual abuse. At the same time.

Just the way I feel.
[snapback]244002[/snapback]
it is not sexual abuse. it is a belt hitting some brats bottom. it has nothing to do with sexual abuse much less sex alone.
wow, then I suppose we should just give our serial killers "a firm talking to".

I got tons of spankings. these little brats today are lucky, my dad had a plank that was as thick as half a dictionary he drilled holes in it to make "areodynamic" heh. so if I dis obey my parents or I didn't just get a "a firm talking to".
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 07:12:49 pm by GIR »

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Spanking Your Children
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2005, 10:32:39 pm »
I know. We have razor-sharpening thing. It's leather and some kind of sturdy cloth. Hard cloth.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Spanking Your Children
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2005, 10:39:43 pm »
Would I? Yes. Was I? Yes.

Spanking is not beating nor sexul abuse.

Vicky

Spanking Your Children
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2005, 01:10:24 pm »
i was spanked about once or twice as a little kid, but i would choose not to spank my own kid. Its BRUTAL!

oscar_the_grouch

Spanking Your Children
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2005, 04:00:36 pm »
Yes I was spanked and no I wouldn't do it my own kids. It just seems stupid in my opinion.

Return of Spiff

Spanking Your Children
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2005, 07:59:48 pm »
I was spanked a few times as a youngster, when I took it over the edge a bit often, but if I REALLY had to get the point across to my children, then maybe I would. I dont consider spanking sexual abuse, but I DO consider extreme beating to be.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 08:00:19 pm by Return of Spiff »