Author Topic: What do you want for your funeral?  (Read 4480 times)

Jackie-Boy

What do you want for your funeral?
« on: October 27, 2005, 04:44:35 pm »
Obviously not an incredibly happy thread. However, I've been thinking a lot about death lately, and I can't help but think what my funeral would be like.

I don't want anyone to wear black.

A few songs would be nice. One song I like a lot is Wonderful World/Somewhere Over the Rainbow by a Hawaiin singer named Israel Kamakwiwo'ole. It's a beautiful medley.

And of course, if someone were to say a few kind words about me, that would be swell.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 04:46:05 pm »
Also, something to add: Cremation or buriel?

Me, I dunno.

Lil Loco

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 04:46:40 pm »
pssh...i want 'em to cremate me and throw a bigass party and have a good time...celebratin the past life, not mournin the death itself.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 04:47:15 pm by Lil Loco »

spongebuddie

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 05:00:27 pm »
kinda like day of the dead I don't know the spanish name for it i forgot its a mexican tradition we don't celebrate it I don't know what our family does no one has died (that i know of) yet on my momma's side of the family my great granma my granma are both still alive muh great granma is like somewhere in her 70s or 80s anyways
i want to be cremated and i want a big ceramony kinda like a prom lol ya kno with the wooden deck over the sea in the moonlight people in eveing gowns and suits and music i want it to be peaceful not mourning not HAPPY just calm and peaceful and when its all over (the ceramony) at like 12:00 am i want one of my family members to open the box with my ashes in it and let the wind carry them off into the ocean :)
good huh?

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 05:00:55 pm »
Erm.  I'd rather NOT think about my death at the moment. I'm too busy living to think about death.

Oh...and Sean, it's called "dia de los muertos."
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 05:01:47 pm by thebigcheez »

williambob286

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 05:19:19 pm »
A computer and type I am dead and everyody screams coz I'm a ghost

Offline Fink

• SpongeBob
  • get high like planes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 05:19:50 pm »
Oh wow, what a wonderful thread. A bunch of us found out yesterday that our 7th grade teacher died that morning. He'd had cancer, but we thought it was only a rumor. He was the greatest teacher I'd ever had, and we were going to go to his funeral this Saturday. Come to find out, he wrote in his will that he didn't want one. Probably because he'd be afraid that no one would go. It's depressing.

I don't want anyone to wear black either. I can't tell someone not to be upset if that were to happen, but that's what I'd like. I want songs to be played that I liked too.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 05:38:59 pm »
I'm not sure I'd want black at my funeral either.  Death isn't something to be mourned, really.  It's a part of life, meaning it should be looked at as a natural occurence and rather celebrated because it means the deceased has escaped from the cruelties of the living world.

I have a feeling this topic will slowly draw out thoughts about my funeral. >_<

Oh wow, what a wonderful thread. A bunch of us found out yesterday that our 7th grade teacher died that morning. He'd had cancer, but we thought it was only a rumor. He was the greatest teacher I'd ever had, and we were going to go to his funeral this Saturday. Come to find out, he wrote in his will that he didn't want one. Probably because he'd be afraid that no one would go. It's depressing.
[snapback]248917[/snapback]

What's weird is that my dad nearly did the same thing for the same reason.  He was almost sure nobody would be there, but the funeral home was full.  Not a single seat was available and people had to stand.  The line for the procession was about 2 and a half miles long.  It was crazy.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 05:53:39 pm by thebigcheez »

Fifth Dynasty

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 05:51:47 pm »
I want to be buried...that's all I know. Whatever happens at my funeral happens, it doesn't matter to me what they wear. The only thing I want is for people to remember me, and not sit there talking to relatives or friends about stuff they did last week.

GrEeNdAyFrEaK

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 06:50:03 pm »
What's weird is that my dad nearly did the same thing for the same reason.  He was almost sure nobody would be there, but the funeral home was full.  Not a single seat was available and people had to stand.  The line for the procession was about 2 and a half miles long.  It was crazy.
[snapback]248931[/snapback]
It was crazy, indeed.. heck of a lot of people.
Anyway, I guess I'd just go for a traditional funeral, but I wouldn't want it to be 100% sad... you know, show some of my crazy side too... play Dominated Love Slave or something like that, because I don't want people to feel sorry for me, I want them to remember me the way I was.

Offline Roger

• SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 06:51:39 pm »
play Dominated Love Slave or something like that
[snapback]248957[/snapback]

Haha.  Are you sure they should play that at a funeral?  XD

Lil Loco

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2005, 06:59:09 pm »
thatz how brandon will be remembered...

Chrono

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2005, 07:12:50 pm »
I want it to be a party. People talking, laughing, not keeping their mind on my death. Happiness instead of sadness. Oh, and I wanna be murdered in my sleep, so I dont feel any pain so that CSI people could investigate me and stuff and then in my will, I'd want them to make an episode about my murder. That would be a really nice tribute for me.

williambob286

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2005, 07:17:03 pm »
^ditto to that^

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2005, 07:30:15 pm »
play Dominated Love Slave or something like that
[snapback]248957[/snapback]
No way.  I get dibs on that.

I want to either be thrown overboard, or buried in a field of wildflowers.