Author Topic: Andrea Yates  (Read 14457 times)

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
Andrea Yates
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2006, 02:52:51 pm »
This is a good debate. Once in which I am too scared to take part of.

Would you punish someone if they did something they couldn't stop themselves from doing?
[snapback]264727[/snapback]
She could've stopped herself.
[snapback]264737[/snapback]
Can you prove that?

loco, I'll reply to yours after I get back from my band concert. I'd do it now, but I have a long response, and I have to leave in like 15 minutes. :P
[snapback]264738[/snapback]
Cant wait :happy:

Elizabeth Rose

Andrea Yates
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2006, 03:14:50 pm »
I think any person who kills an innocent.. or any child for that matter.. should die. Period.
[snapback]264665[/snapback]

So killing someone is an OK punishment for killing someone?
[snapback]264717[/snapback]
Yes.  What goes around comes around.  I am also a proponent of cutting off thieves hands.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spongebobcrazy.com
Andrea Yates
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2006, 05:48:55 pm »
Yes. What goes around comes around. I am also a proponent of cutting off thieves hands.
Killing a murderer makes you just as bad as the murderer, if not worse.

so because she waz "insane"...she stayed and got pushed more and more...and then, because she waz "insane"...she decidez to kill all of her kidz, who weren't even the root of her "problemz"...
[snapback]264733[/snapback]
Yates suffered from postpartum psychosis, or psychosis from childbirth. Her husband, Rusty Yates, believed in having as many kids as nature allows. Due to her clinical depression, she probably clinged to her husband, because she'd feel like there's nothing left if he left. She would want to do anything to make her husband happy. She most likely killed her children as an act of insanity, because they were what was causing her psychosis.

Lil Loco

Andrea Yates
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2006, 05:52:59 pm »
Yes. What goes around comes around. I am also a proponent of cutting off thieves hands.

[snapback]264803[/snapback]

how would it make u worse?  

so because she waz "insane"...she stayed and got pushed more and more...and then, because she waz "insane"...she decidez to kill all of her kidz, who weren't even the root of her "problemz"...
Yates suffered from postpartum psychosis, or psychosis from childbirth. Her husband, Rusty Yates, believed in having as many kids as nature allows. Due to her clinical depression, she probably clinged to her husband, because she'd feel like there's nothing left if he left. She would want to do anything to make her husband happy. She most likely killed her children as an act of insanity, because they were what was causing her psychosis.

they were wut waz causing her psychosis?  i thought u said she suffered from psychosis from childbirth?

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Andrea Yates
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2006, 06:19:38 pm »

they were wut waz causing her psychosis?  i thought u said she suffered from psychosis from childbirth?
[snapback]264805[/snapback]
The person did a horrible thing, and your idea is to do the same thing back? It's like the whole elementary school "he started it!".

Her psychosis was from childbirth, and you do know what childbirth brings...

Lil Loco

Andrea Yates
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2006, 06:25:35 pm »

[snapback]264805[/snapback]
The person did a horrible thing, and your idea is to do the same thing back? It's like the whole elementary school "he started it!".

Her psychosis was from childbirth, and you do know what childbirth brings...
[snapback]264820[/snapback]

my idea iz...wut happened with thoze kidz iz sick and twisted and there'z no justifying it.

and so wut...her mind iz gonna blame her kidz for the childbirth that they werent even responsible for?  if she waz gonna kill sumone cuz of the childbirth, i'd think it woulda been the husband.

Elizabeth Rose

Andrea Yates
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2006, 08:51:50 pm »
The death penalty doesn't make you "just as bad" it shows what happens to low-lifes.  If you do such and such this is what will happen.  If punishments were actually enforced crime rates would go down.

Offline IZ

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Andrea Yates
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2006, 05:39:25 pm »
The death penalty doesn't make you "just as bad" it shows what happens to low-lifes.  If you do such and such this is what will happen.  If punishments were actually enforced crime rates would go down.
[snapback]264873[/snapback]
but what are they being punished for? for killing someone? Logically wouldn't you be stooping down to their level?

Lil Loco

Andrea Yates
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2006, 11:28:57 pm »
nope...the murderer killed innocent people.  we kill the murderer...

murderer = not innocent.

Elizabeth Rose

Andrea Yates
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2006, 01:05:34 pm »
nope...the murderer killed innocent people.  we kill the murderer...

murderer = not innocent.
[snapback]265015[/snapback]
Well, I guess I don't need to answer Kevin anymore. :tongue:

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Andrea Yates
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2006, 02:23:53 pm »
Kevin has yet to answer my question :|

I think he's afraid

super_sayian_spongebob

Andrea Yates
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2006, 05:15:26 pm »
Well I think she might be innocent for reasons of insanity, because it was proven that she was suffering from post partum depression, and the doctor gave her the wrong medicine to treat her.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
Andrea Yates
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2006, 06:24:55 pm »
Well I think she might be innocent for reasons of insanity, because it was proven that she was suffering from post partum depression, and the doctor gave her the wrong medicine to treat her.
[snapback]265843[/snapback]
Even if she is, she still needs to be locked up for her saftey, and the saftey of others. It's probably better off for her to be in a padded room then in the real world.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.