Author Topic: The Smiths turn down $5 million reunion offer  (Read 4491 times)

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
The Smiths turn down $5 million reunion offer
« on: March 20, 2006, 02:59:21 pm »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060317/music_nm/morrissey_dc

His revelation, during a public interview at the South By Southwest Music & Media Conference in Austin, triggered gasps from the audience. When journalist David Fricke asked if he had considered it, Morrissey replied, "No, because money doesn't come into it," a response that drew applause from the crowd.

carterhawk

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 04:05:00 pm »
Copyright © 2006 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Copyright © 2006 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 04:07:35 pm »
Copyright © 2006 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Copyright © 2006 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
[snapback]278027[/snapback]
*Sigh*

i dont really think it matterz...he aint gonna get in trouble for pasting an article on a message-board. if he was tryin to re-destibute the article as his own, it might get him in trouble...but thatz not the case now iz it?

Jeremy seriously puts things best.

First you complain about only posting a link, now you complain about posting a snippet from the article
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 04:15:00 pm by IceFox »

carterhawk

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 04:34:27 pm »
my theory is that eventualy you will wear down and start sharing some thoughts of your own as a topic starter instead of topic responder.

women have been doing it for millions of years to men, im just applying the same concept here :p

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 04:35:41 pm »
Either reply something about the article or don't reply at all. It's that simple really. And that "copyright" stuff has nothing to do with the article itself.

carterhawk

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 04:47:12 pm »
Either reply something about the article or don't reply at all. It's that simple really. And that "copyright" stuff has nothing to do with the article itself.
[snapback]278037[/snapback]

oh no of course not, the fact that the article ends with
Reuters/Billboard
and the copyright on the page is reuters are completely unrelated.....

i mean its not like yahoo is paying reuters for permission to publish reuters content or anything....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_infringement
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 04:49:57 pm by carterhawk »

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 06:32:05 pm »
my theory is that eventualy you will wear down and start sharing some thoughts of your own as a topic starter instead of topic responder.

women have been doing it for millions of years to men, im just applying the same concept here :p
[snapback]278036[/snapback]

I will not because I personally do not care seeing as how I havent heard the band before, but would like to share this info with others.

[snapback]278037[/snapback]

oh no of course not, the fact that the article ends with
Reuters/Billboard
and the copyright on the page is reuters are completely unrelated.....

i mean its not like yahoo is paying reuters for permission to publish reuters content or anything....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_infringement
[snapback]278040[/snapback]
Fascinating. No one cares. Again, the coopyright doesn't have to do with the fact I posted a small snippet from the article

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 07:36:18 pm »
Quoting a line from an article and providing a source qualifies legally as fair use, therefore, there is no copyright infringement there.

Anyway, it's nice to see that there are people in the music industry who aren't  industrialized.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 07:38:19 pm by cmonkey »
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Elizabeth Rose

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 07:59:06 pm »
Quoting a line from an article and providing a source qualifies legally as fair use, therefore, there is no copyright infringement there.

Anyway, it's nice to see that there are people in the music industry who aren't  industrialized.
[snapback]278083[/snapback]
Yeah, this is true, but Morrisey has always been a bit of a jerk, since I can't use a stronger word here. :P

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 08:43:58 pm »

Anyway, it's nice to see that there are people in the music industry who aren't  industrialized.
[snapback]278083[/snapback]
Yeah, this is true, but Morrisey has always been a bit of a jerk, since I can't use a stronger word here. :P
[snapback]278093[/snapback]
Oh, I'll take your word for it.  I only wrote that line to make my post seem on-topic.  :tongue:
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Chrono

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 01:08:21 pm »
I dont like the Smiths, or care about them, but in my friends Marilyn Manson book thing, it says something about the Smiths...alot of bad things...