Poll

Are people more racist against gay men then gay women?

Yes
10 (83.3%)
No
2 (16.7%)
Unsure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Are people more against gay men then women?  (Read 12318 times)

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
Are people more against gay men then women?
« on: June 03, 2006, 07:19:28 pm »
After a converstaion with msp, the thought crossed my mind. I asked him why he hated all the gay people. He said he only hated the male gay people. I can understand when guys are kinda creeped out, because well they wouldnt want a gay guy crushing on them, they think they are so big and manly and everything. But if you notice, more and more people are fine with two lesbians and find it attractive for them to be together and holding hands and making out. Why? They are the same as men being gay. Msp said he doesn't mind 2 lesbians making out in front of him, he finds it attractive. Well why aren't gay men found attractive? they dont like girls, thats why they are gay. Lesbians dont like men, thats why they are lesbian, so what makes them more attractive? I'm Bi and swing either way, and i find two gay guys  together very attractive, and females, but thats just me.
 So i dont understand why peoples reactions are wayyy different towards two gay men being together and it being "disgusting", but two lesbians together and it being "hott". They are commiting the same thing and yet they are treated unfair for it. I dont know if anyone else agrees with me or anything, but that idea came to my head and i wanted to know what others thought.

Anywho, I figured this would do best in the debate den. Post your beliefs and opinions on this subject, and back up your reasoning. I want to see a good solid debate...
 :happy:

EDIT: sorry, "racist" might not be the best word. But maybe more judgmental, thinking they are worse than 2 lesbians compared to each other. The lesbians being the "least" of the two "evils". I cant put it any other way really. Rascist, being against, was the word i thought up. Sorry for not being able to find a better usage or word..
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 07:25:32 pm by DiE HaRrD PuNk »
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

Patback399

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 07:20:07 pm »
"Racist" against gays?

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 07:29:36 pm »
Yes, because, you will see often that many people don't mention lesibians, but mention gay rights for men.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 07:31:35 pm »
Wow intelligent post! You really like correcting people don't you. I'm sure people understood what i was trying to say. There aren't many other "words" you can really use for being against gays. So i think i'lll create one now. Not racist but how about gaysist? Thats fine and dandy, gaysist will be the word of choice for people who are against gays...

EDIT: that was ment for patback not you^^^
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 07:32:50 pm by DiE HaRrD PuNk »
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Chrono

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 08:19:17 pm »
You've pretty much answered your own question already. Straight men find lesbians making out (or more) attractive (or hawt), but not two gay men making out (or mroe) attractive (or hawt)

And the word gaysist is possibly the dumbest thing you could ever say...

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 08:24:12 pm »
well thanks for ruining my debate, and im sure whoever used the word "gaydar" was also told the same thing. I'm so glad you  really like to ruin the fun in things, really.
and no i havent answered my own question, because its my OPINION maybe someone else could be different. dont ruin it for others, please.

some people just like to kill the fun..to suck the fun outta everything...
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Patback399

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 09:05:34 pm »
Wow. You're really making a mountain out of a molehill.

garyfan

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 06:34:07 am »
Also consider you WERE talking to MSP. I mean, I don't know that many people who are racist against gays, I mean, it is their own feelings, so I could care less.

bub1028

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2006, 06:42:30 am »
It just depends on whether the person deciding likes men or women.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 09:14:10 am »
Prejudice, Discrimnatory (sp?) are two words I can think of off the bat.

And no one is ruining your debate, they are putting in opinions and correcting you. Your sabvotging your own debate by getting upset about it/

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 12:19:25 pm »
well im not trying to..well whatever, some people may think different, thats why i put the debate up. and yes i know i talked to msp, but the idea really had nothing involing him or anything, i used him as an example. the idea crossed my mind and i wanted to see what others thought.
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

BiggerSquarierSpongier

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2006, 12:47:01 pm »
Okay, I know I said I was leaving the debate den for a while, and I did. But now I'm back.

Yes, I do think people are more against gay men than women, but I still don't think it's any more right for women to be homosexual than men. Homosexuality is wrong in general, and I'm getting tired of people accepting it as if it's an okay thing.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2006, 01:07:56 pm »
it is an okay thing. i have heard a gay guy say he cant help being gay. he just finds himself attracted to men and cant help it. he wishes he were straight, i mean he is the most major hunk youd ever meet, buthe just cant help who he likes or finds attractive.
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Dragon Of Grief

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2006, 01:09:27 pm »
Okay, I know I said I was leaving the debate den for a while, and I did. But now I'm back.

Yes, I do think people are more against gay men than women, but I still don't think it's any more right for women to be homosexual than men. Homosexuality is wrong in general, and I'm getting tired of people accepting it as if it's an okay thing.
[snapback]290643[/snapback]
And I am tired of you religious activists who can't give any other reason for not accepting gays other then "God says it's wrong." How do you know God says it's wrong? Maybe perhaps the bible is wrong? Ever thought about that?

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2006, 01:14:01 pm »
Even though im a born again christian from just today, i still believe in homosexuals and everything. The pastor said for any lesbians/gays/ homosexulas to join their group on a certain date so they could help them go straight. i was kinda ::Dolphin Noise::ed at that. people are who they are. you cant change them, and no one sould try to  just because of their beliefs.
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002