Poll

Who is to blame for the major effects/contributions to Global Warming?

China
America
Europe
Asia
Other (say WHO in your post)

Author Topic: Global Warming -Who's to blame?  (Read 28537 times)

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
Global Warming -Who's to blame?
« on: November 05, 2006, 03:20:11 am »
There has been a massive debate over the recent situation of GW, it's been one country blaming the other after only recently understanding that the effects of GW are in fact speeding up and becomming a major problem.
Around 15% of all the worlds countries blame the USA alone for the damage, where as many others think it's the entire global populations fault.

Before I add my view, first I would like to say 'I told you this would happen'.
Now...my view is that it IS the fault of the entire world economy, but the USA needs to start working on their CO2 immissions.
That fire in California could have been started by someone, but ever thought that it may be TOO DRY to begin with due to climate change?
It was fairly warm one day here in the UK....then suddenly it gets FREEZING COLD the next day.
This weather pattern is messed up, I watch the weather and El Nino patterns and have done for the past 2 years.
May not seem like a long time, but even in that short 2 year-span I have noticed how the southern hemisphere has been gaining more rain...wind strengths have DOUBLED in the last few years for area's around the equator...and the northern hemisphere has been LOOSING rain.
This has been the driest year for the UK in my opinion...and I beleive it is no different over in the USA.

In short, I blame everyone...but I still think the USA has some things to explain about.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
Re: Global Warming -Who's to blame?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 07:00:05 am »
There has been a massive debate over the recent situation of GW, it's been one country blaming the other after only recently understanding that the effects of GW are in fact speeding up and becomming a major problem.
Around 15% of all the worlds countries blame the USA alone for the damage, where as many others think it's the entire global populations fault.

Before I add my view, first I would like to say 'I told you this would happen'.
Now...my view is that it IS the fault of the entire world economy, but the USA needs to start working on their CO2 immissions.
That fire in California could have been started by someone, but ever thought that it may be TOO DRY to begin with due to climate change?
It was fairly warm one day here in the UK....then suddenly it gets FREEZING COLD the next day.
This weather pattern is messed up, I watch the weather and El Nino patterns and have done for the past 2 years.
May not seem like a long time, but even in that short 2 year-span I have noticed how the southern hemisphere has been gaining more rain...wind strengths have DOUBLED in the last few years for area's around the equator...and the northern hemisphere has been LOOSING rain.
This has been the driest year for the UK in my opinion...and I beleive it is no different over in the USA.

In short, I blame everyone...but I still think the USA has some things to explain about.

First off, I totally agree with you.

Everyone is to blame, not just the USA. Japan, Toykeo, and Hong Kong are major cities as well with polution, just as bad as New York maybe. Now I think all the countries cointributed really, but the USA is one of the worst. Bush is an idiot and only now that Gore has said something he's now starting to realize the problem. And I've noticed it's been one of the hottest years here in Florida. I don't hardly even go outside anymore. It rains more than normal, and the cold snaps are just plain out of no where.

I think the The World Leaders need to step up, and try to stop it from becoming worse.  The hole in the ozone layer is letting in all the harmful rays, and more heat is getting in. So if they don't step up NOW, our world will end sooner than its supposed to. They should have done something about this a long time ago. What did they expect their outcome to be? Pretty rainbows with unicorns flying around? I mean really now..
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 09:50:57 am »
What did they expect their outcome to be? Pretty rainbows with unicorns flying around? I mean really now..

Apparantly that must have been what Bush thought when he turned down the Kyoto agreement.

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

Offline DiE HaRrD PuNk

• SpongeBob
  • 3 Am.
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 01:58:17 pm »
What did they expect their outcome to be? Pretty rainbows with unicorns flying around? I mean really now..

Apparantly that must have been what Bush thought when he turned down the Kyoto agreement.

XD! PWNED
Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of (Dr. Seuss's) 'Hop on Pop.'
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
04/02/2002

Names Rachel....call me that or Rae...whichever.. :P

<33 Asian Guys Are Hawt<33

www.myspace.com/punkshorty

carterhawk

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 08:43:13 pm »
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 11:18:20 pm by The All Seeing Eye »

chris

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 06:05:45 pm »
america of course lol

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 09:54:36 pm »
All I remember is that in An Inconvienent Truth Al Gore said something about America making as much as the other continents combined. I'm not suprised, we didn't even ratify the Kyoto Protocol.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 05:51:46 pm »
I'm to blame.

carterhawk

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 07:02:11 pm »
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 11:19:06 pm by The All Seeing Eye »

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 03:55:27 am »
All I remember is that in An Inconvienent Truth Al Gore said something about America making as much as the other continents combined. I'm not suprised, we didn't even ratify the Kyoto Protocol.

Im glad he released that movie.
About time a docu-film was released on Global Warming.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 04:04:47 am »
I'm to blame.
You Need

screw that...i hate cherry flavored stuff....

I want coconut!

spongebobnet

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 12:33:32 pm »
My science teacher said that if we don't do nothignabout global warming then our planet is going to turn into Venus.

Offline IceFox

• SpongeBob
  • Jacked up on Red Bull
    • View Profile
    • http://Nothing.
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 01:10:20 pm »
Global Warm may be cheaper to adapt to, but that doesn't stop the Ice Caps from melting does it?

Global Warming is NOT the fault of a single country. Think about. The US is MUCH bigger than the UK. Who will use more gas and who will produce more smoke?

And where is oil highly active? Middle-East.

Global Warming is the fault of the entire world, and not one single territory.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 01:11:55 pm by IceFox »

Offline AppleNick

• SpongeBob
  • ドブネズミみたいに
    • View Profile

oscar_the_grouch

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 09:47:37 pm »
I blame China!

Uh, not really. It gives me the giggles to say so because I use blamechina as a user name often.

Anywho, we're all to blame. Instead of world leaders changing things why don't we as the little people step up and make a difference?