Author Topic: Why do a lot of people hate Season 4?  (Read 33770 times)

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
Re: Why do a lot of people hate Season 4?
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2007, 07:20:06 pm »
Other than SpongeBob's voice change, a new style of background music, and a few rotten eggs in the basket, I've been pleasantly surprised by Season 4.  To me, it's worlds better than the second half of Season 3.  There are some excellent episodes, like the one where Patrick gets smart, and the Patrick-centric episodes that aired last week.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Band8PGeek

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2007, 05:01:28 am »
And hey, if Season 4 was this good, imagine how good Season 5] will be! It'll either be the crowning lame (mostly Season 4 haters) or the cherry on the icing on the cake (mostly Season 4 lovers).

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2007, 07:01:29 am »
Other than SpongeBob's voice change, a new style of background music, and a few rotten eggs in the basket, I've been pleasantly surprised by Season 4.  To me, it's worlds better than the second half of Season 3.  There are some excellent episodes, like the one where Patrick gets smart, and the Patrick-centric episodes that aired last week.
I would definetly say that some of season 4 is better than last few episodes of season 3 but not the whole 2nd half of it.

SpongeBob SP

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2007, 01:33:36 pm »
1.stupid KI episode
2.thats it!

aliasstarbucker

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2007, 06:14:59 pm »
As someone mentioned before, Spongebob is going down the same hill FOP is. For example, characters are opposite of what they used to be. Timmy's a brat now, Cosmo being a bad husband, etc. Spongebob's the dumb one now, while Patrick is the smart one. All Spongebob does is yell in the new episodes (and over pointless things). Also am I the only one who thinks they're trying to make Spongebob and Patrick look gayer than before? I liked the new episode with Patrick's song, but the one where Spongebob is waiting for a new toy and him and Patrick start rolling on the floor, hugging. Ay..I don't think the controversy's going to go away after that.

We should get a petition to get Stephen back incharge. Yes, I know he didn't quit the show, but Derek's style of comedy is kind of strange.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 06:19:15 pm by aliasstarbucker »

gir1867

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2007, 11:49:37 am »
I hate it because it's stupid and SpongeBob has lost it's touch on this one i mean what happened to the classic episodes? Stephen Hillenburg should'nt of left as the creator and let Derek Drymon take over i mean Derek's ruining the whole series by making it what people think of SpongeBob(which it is not it's just this season) stupid and childish.

Sb129

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2007, 03:16:08 pm »
I heard Camp Lazlo is only going to last a season or two more so maybe the odl writers will come back.

Offline Thomas

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
  • The cheese is always twice the fence-post!
    • View Profile
    • Zuperbuu Works
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2007, 03:35:31 am »
1. Too fast paced...everything is cramped into the small airing space and it is just like FOP. And I HATE that show.
2. Not enough Plankton.
3. Is it just me, or is Patrick getting to be less stupid? Cause that's not funny.
4. Voice change alone was a bad idea.
Cloud Killed Aerith! Sephiroth knocked her out and then Cloud drowned her!!!
http://www.zuperbuu.com

I am Transgender. My old name was Sarah, it is now Tom. Sorry about the confusion.

evol687

« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2007, 11:28:34 am »
The movie destroyed everything nautical and holly about the ol yellow guy

This was the show that got me back into loving nick and is still to this day an absolute mixture of Ren and stimpy/Rocko's modern life and a hint of that surreal Adventures of pete and pete humor.

What happen to the random humor( chocolate with nuts/ pranks alot/ squid on strike/ snowball effect for examples of the random glory)

Band8PGeek

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2007, 11:37:47 am »
Hopefully Season 5 should put things back on track for you Season 4 haters. I mean, "Boat Smarts" sounds exactly like "Krusty Krab Training Video", and I know how much you people loved that one. :)

aliasstarbucker

« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2007, 08:24:11 pm »
I heard Camp Lazlo is only going to last a season or two more so maybe the odl writers will come back.

Really? that's a relief then. Cause all the good writers deserted Spongebob and went to other cartoons on Cartoon Network. I like Camp Lazlo but they make Lazlo too much like Spongebob (personality wise).

I have to agree with those who say they hate Spongebob's new voice too. I adore Tom Kenny and all of his voice work, but other characters he's done and the previous Spongebob voices never annoyed me. It's not just the pitch of the voice, but that the acting of Spongebob is too naive.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 09:24:33 pm by aliasstarbucker »

Offline ssj4gogita4

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2007, 07:55:48 am »

Really? that's a relief then. Cause all the good writers deserted Spongebob and went to other cartoons on Cartoon Network. I like Camp Lazlo but they make Lazlo too much like Spongebob (personality wise).

I have to agree with those who say they hate Spongebob's new voice too. I adore Tom Kenny and all of his voice work, but other characters he's done and the previous Spongebob voices never annoyed me. It's not just the pitch of the voice, but that the acting of Spongebob is too naive.
Doesn't seem like the old writers are really needed at this point in season 4 or season 5, to me. The episodes have gotten a lot better than in the beginning of season 4 and made people laugh and watch even more.

The comedy and animation is back like it used to be but the only flaw they still need to work on is the voicing.

BiggerSquarierSpongier

« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2007, 01:39:41 pm »
I sort of doubt it.. Most of them are all starting new shows, mostly for Cartoon Network. Kaz, C.H. Greenblatt, Aaron Springer, and I believe Derek Drymon are all starting new cartoons, and they were some of the key writers for Seasons 1-3.

But yeah, I sort of agree, the end of season 4 made me laugh much more than the midway episodes. I don't think the show will ever be quite as good as it used to be though, but considering the fact that the new writers are competing against the shadows of seasons 1-3 I'd say they're doing alright.

Arkei

« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2007, 09:02:36 pm »
Season 4 has its good moments and its bad ones. 'All That Glitters' was the worst one ever in my opinion, since SB was the biggest wuss I have ever seen.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2007, 12:44:16 pm »
Worst episodes in this order.

Dunces and Dragons
Karate Island
All that Glitters
Spongebob BC
Musclebob Buffpants