Author Topic: Racism.  (Read 52591 times)

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Re: Racism.
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2006, 09:35:15 pm »
And slavery only ended ohhhhhh 200 years ago.

I want the black people who act victimized by saying "OMG everything is racist!!1"(I.E, saying White Christmas is a racist term) to get over it.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 09:37:03 pm by Daniel »

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2006, 09:51:02 pm »
And slavery only ended ohhhhhh 200 years ago.

I want the black people who act victimized by saying "OMG everything is racist!!1"(I.E, saying White Christmas is a racist term) to get over it.

Slavery ended about 140 years ago, pick up a book sometime kid. And since when is "white christmas" a racist term?

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2006, 09:57:16 pm »
Since some crazy black guy said it was.

Offline Rocko

• SpongeBob
  • Initiative comes to thems that wait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2006, 10:02:04 pm »
Since some crazy black guy said it was.
Just ignore the crazy guy then. The song's about snow on Christmas, nothing racist about it.

In order to make it through the world one needs some insanity.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2006, 10:03:59 pm »
That is the point. But the crazy ones, the ones that think they have to be gangsta, and a lot of other different ones make the rest of the race look bad. There are people who make every race look bad. But these ones do a better job than the Asians do. I am NOT trying to sound racist.

Patback399

« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2006, 09:09:29 am »
Look what I found in the good ol' Philly Inquirer:

Two weeks ago, I wrote a column about white racism. What about black racism?, dozens of you wrote me.

How come I didn't mention the inappropriateness of ESPN analyst Michael Irvin's opining that Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo (of Mexican descent) must have had an ancestor who copulated with a black man to account for his superior skills?

Irvin, who is African American, is foolish , but that's hardly the point. I didn't think I had to say this because it's so obvious:

America is a white-majority country. When one group has substantially more power than all others, its biases, prejudices, and mouth filth matter more.

And if whites possess the keys to the White House, the executive suite, the law firm, the construction company - not to mention the gun lockers in the police stations - then what they think about black people has greater weight and consequence than what black people think about them.

Of course, black people can be as prejudiced as whites. I've lived it. On a day I thought would be my last, a group of black guys beat me down on a New York subway train; years later, black demonstrators spit on me and opened my head with rocks. In both cases, my only sin was skin color.

But lots more black people than whites have endured systemic, organized violence in this country. And my ancestors walked off the boats that brought them here unchained.

From when I was a kid, the croaks of racists slimed my ears. Today, neighbors in rural South Jersey take me for a coconspirator, referring to "them people" and identifying certain farm weeds as N-word-heads. In white neighborhoods everywhere, you can hear far worse.

Crime. Unwed mothers. Dope. Black problems, right? When I tell people that the white Appalachian neighborhood in Columbus, Ohio, I once covered had the precise same pathologies, they stare at me dumbly.

It's poverty, not melanin. It's class-based misery. It's watching your kids crawl around without Pampers or hope. It's sucking down Ho Hos and malt liquor because the sugar and the buzz feel better than the boredom and terror of each day.

White working-class people I know erroneously believe that government programs such as affirmative action give African Americans unfair advantages.

If they had a genie's wish, I ask white folks, would they beg for their kids to turn black so they could enjoy all those goodies?

I lived below the poverty line for four years in New York and I still had it better than lots of black people.

It is true that working-class white people live tough American lives.

But store owners don't automatically think they're criminals, and their kids don't have to be warned not to mouth off to cops for fear of getting tortured with a plunger.

Some psychologists of race will go so far as to say that white prejudice is proactive, while black prejudice is reactive. America began with whites thinking of blacks as animals and property. U.S. history then moved to cross burnings.

We've since progressed, but if your people get lynched and shot enough times, you might develop suspicion of all the guys with the ropes and guns.

Today, lots of people are learning to interact. But racism is a hard-to-kill bacterium. How do I know? Many of you readers told me so, with acid e-mails and racist phone messages.

You hate that a white guy is saying this. White people have to say this. Or we're not getting anywhere.

Sb129

« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2006, 09:27:49 am »
I also dislike how black people don't accept other black people if they're republican.

Patback399

« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2006, 09:46:29 pm »
I also dislike how black people don't accept other black people if they're republican.

Why? I don't accept some white Republicans.

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2006, 10:32:58 pm »
Cmonkey, and everyone else who agrees with him,  people won't be "color blind" anytime soon. Ya know why? These Straight up g's down here(Yes, DOWN HERE. Not everywhere Kevin.) make themselves look like idiots. Making the race look bad. Kinda how those hick-rednecks make southerners look bad. Ya know why? Cause they are DUMB. Same thing. And also those snobby yankees that make Northerners look bad. 

In conclusion, my annoyance isn't with the race on a whole, but the dumb people. They are in every race. But if you complain about the black ones, your racist. Blacks can complain about dumb white people and nothing happens.

Offline VulturEMaN

• Global Moderator
  • SpongeBob
  • Dengaku Man xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2006, 11:05:11 pm »
you bring up a good point, but i now label you as 'also dumb' :P

what now??!!/1

EDIT: I mean to say, what do you propose be done about dumb people?

Offline Daniel

• SpongeBob
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2006, 11:08:29 pm »
A penal colony on mars? :rolleyes:

I don't know what to do about them Except make fun of them. Only if they are in your racial group. ^_^

Sb129

« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2006, 10:23:40 am »

They think they're all weird & what not, yeah I do to with white ones (that whole all religous crud, gays are freakin' demons,etc...).

Offline cmonkey

• Administrator
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
    • United SpongeBob
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2006, 10:40:12 am »
Cmonkey, and everyone else who agrees with him,  people won't be "color blind" anytime soon. Ya know why? These Straight up g's down here(Yes, DOWN HERE. Not everywhere Kevin.) make themselves look like idiots. Making the race look bad. Kinda how those hick-rednecks make southerners look bad. Ya know why? Cause they are DUMB. Same thing. And also those snobby yankees that make Northerners look bad. 

In conclusion, my annoyance isn't with the race on a whole, but the dumb people. They are in every race. But if you complain about the black ones, your racist. Blacks can complain about dumb white people and nothing happens.

Thats the whole point of colorblindness.  Associate stupidity with stupidity, not stupidity with race.  The idea is that as long as people associate connotations with race, there will be a race problem, regardless of whether or not other wrongs are redressed.

You're still forgetting that history isn't history.  Because you are too young to have lived through it doesn't mean it doesn't effect the lives of those around  you.
Check out my website, www.spongezone.net... oh, nevermind

13 Ghz folding for Team SpongeZone

Wormy Lives#33;

« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2006, 10:23:38 pm »

I don't accept any republicans :P

Racism is just a mystery. There is a Black Entertainment Channel, but I wouldn't really like a white one.

Why is there discrimination still? African Americans aren't slaves anymore. Are the KKK and other racist people hating for culture or skin color or what? I want racism and all memories of it gone forever so we think of ourselves as just people, white or African American. I'm sick of us being counted as a different species altogether.

But if you think being black is hard, try being green. Eh, Kermit?

carterhawk

« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2006, 11:02:33 pm »
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 10:27:11 pm by The All Seeing Eye »