Author Topic: Random Attatchments  (Read 6324 times)

Patrick

Random Attatchments
« on: October 30, 2003, 12:41:07 pm »
Why do peopel post random pictures when they have NOTHING to do with the thread?

Example: In the latest news thread, one guy (forget name) is posting random pictures with his post.

mermaidman97007

Random Attatchments
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2003, 12:44:31 pm »
Maybe cuz we can?

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Random Attatchments
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2003, 01:30:04 pm »
Why do peopel post random pictures when they have NOTHING to do with the thread?

Example: In the latest news thread, one guy (forget name) is posting random pictures with his post.
It seems like you aren't supposed to do that because it takes up cmonkey's memory or something.

mermaidman97007

Random Attatchments
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2003, 01:41:09 pm »

It seems like you aren't supposed to do that because it takes up cmonkey's memory or something.
Well, my fiancee designs websites, and our host has a limit on the size of the websites...its like 13 bux a month to host, and if the site takes up over like 15 meg then it costs an extra dollar per meg or something like that...It maybe something like that...I know hes hosted thru his school, so it may be like there is a limited amount of space on the servers hard drive...

Banana

Random Attatchments
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2003, 03:30:14 pm »
:glare: I think Cmonkey should get rid of the whole attachment thing.  It does the same exact thing as putting an image at the very bottom of your post.

-Banana

Offline LE

• SpongeBob
  • with walls of the deepest blue
    • View Profile
Random Attatchments
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2003, 04:27:31 pm »
i think they should stop because of what banana said and because they completely confuse ME!
it got too real

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Random Attatchments
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2003, 08:19:17 pm »
i think they should stop because of what banana said and because they completely confuse ME!
The only person I have a problem with doing this is evilspong. He abuses it severely. He posts attachments on most, if not all, of his posts. And a lot of them are the same ones and have nothing to do with the topic.

mermaidman97007

Random Attatchments
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2003, 09:18:27 pm »
:glare: I think Cmonkey should get rid of the whole attachment thing.  It does the same exact thing as putting an image at the very bottom of your post.

-Banana
Please dont let the actions of one man take a wonderful thing like this away from us...I use this sometimes, and think it shoud stay!

jastERmine

Random Attatchments
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2003, 08:43:58 am »
same herr doods. i mean, there's already an img code. it's exactly the same, i mean, pasting the url into the code, and pasting the code into the attachments' box.

loofah.

Miles

Random Attatchments
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2003, 09:37:47 am »
The question here is not if the attachment function should be taken away (if thats possible in any way) but what to do about people/idiots who just go around posting useless attachments. If I have anything to say about it people who do it too much will be warned and possibly banned if they don't listen. I've allready started removing useless attachments from posts but wouldn't it be nice if I could just ban the useless idiots who keep doing it? I'm sure it would safe me loads of time. Think about that boys and girls.  

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Random Attatchments
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2003, 02:47:11 pm »
The question here is not if the attachment function should be taken away (if thats possible in any way) but what to do about people/idiots who just go around posting useless attachments. If I have anything to say about it people who do it too much will be warned and possibly banned if they don't listen. I've allready started removing useless attachments from posts but wouldn't it be nice if I could just ban the useless idiots who keep doing it? I'm sure it would safe me loads of time. Think about that boys and girls.
-thinks for .438 seconds- Yes, yes that would be nice.

Not So Silent Bob

Random Attatchments
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2003, 02:52:35 pm »
Yeah, evilspong is really getting annoying. Let's ban together to kidnap him/her, tie him/her to a stake, dance around with palm fronds with sticks, and shout the special words.
Me hogga bunga shunga,
we hollapolla poo,
shimmy shimmy buttnuts
quacky poddle shoe!

Then we can eat him! BUA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Or, you know, we could tell him how we feel.  

Patrick

Random Attatchments
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2003, 05:26:47 pm »
I like teh first one.

Not So Silent Bob

Random Attatchments
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2003, 08:24:20 pm »
I like teh first one.
Cool! Cause people kept on PMing me about how it's not good manners to eat people. No one says this stuff to Hannahbal, I bet!  

Offline Hannahbal

• Honorable
  • SpongeBob
    • View Profile
Random Attatchments
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2003, 09:27:30 pm »
I like teh first one.
Cool! Cause people kept on PMing me about how it's not good manners to eat people. No one says this stuff to Hannahbal, I bet!
No, actually no one has ever done that. I bet they're scared.